Mistake?

Started by Cromartie, May 28, 2007, 10:56:17 AM

Author
Mistake? (Read 1,635 times)

Cromartie

Cromartie

shoudnt the sullacco have had a security crew? because the marines left her empty and she could have been stolen by pirates or whatever! i mean they should have had a crew anyway? to stop enemy boarding parties or something!

gameoverman

gameoverman

It had an automated defence system most likely - probably controlled by the onboard computer.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Judging from the size of that cannon on her underbelly, I'd say any would-be pirates would be dust before they could blink.

Cromartie

Cromartie

but still they should have had backup personell for emergencies! and that big ship for only a platoon of marines? it could hold many more

Alienx

Alienx

Well,
it can also be, that sometimes survivors must be rescued by the marines , so this would explain the size. However, I am also of the view that there must have been an automatic defensive arrangement.

SM

SM

Who exactly was going to hijack a military warship?

Besides they left the Nostromo's refinery in orbit and no one nicked it.

Cromartie

Cromartie

yes but its the idea that there is no security teams or Crew aboard.

i mean come on one massive warhip for a Platoon of marines? maybe a company or detachment.

SM

SM

They had a high end synethetic on board.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that they have cruder robotic defences to deal with potential pirates.  If these pirates get close enough to actually board.  If another ship shows up the Sulaco's would check their IFF transponder and they don't show up as friendly, it gives them a couple of warnings before firing at them

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed