Alien resurrection alien.

Started by Weyland, May 24, 2007, 12:37:19 AM

Is the alien from alien ressurection black or brown?

Black
2 (11.8%)
Brown
15 (88.2%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author
Alien resurrection alien. (Read 4,135 times)

Weyland

Weyland

In alien resurrection the alien looks black or almost black but in toys and replicas it is brown. What do you guys think? ???

SM

SM

The costumes are brown, though in many scenes they appear more black with slight brown tones due to the way Khondji shot and lit the film and the chemical process used on the film that enhances the black tones.

Weyland

Weyland

Quote from: SM on May 24, 2007, 12:53:57 AM
The costumes are brown, though in many scenes they appear more black with slight brown tones due to the way Khondji shot and lit the film and the chemical process used on the film that enhances the black tones.

English? kidding :D

SM

SM

Ironic.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

The poll isn't even necessary...this isn't something that is really debatable.  The Aliens are brown, regardless of people's perceptions to the contrary.

As SM noted, Khondji processed the film using the silver-retention process, which makes the blacks much deeper and richer.  Consequently, any dark colours become even darker, making it hard to tell where they end and the shadows start.

The cinematography is easily one of the best aspects to A:R.

Or, in Carter-Speak:  The film was shot to look dark, so the brown costumes look almost black.  ;)

Weyland

Weyland

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on May 24, 2007, 03:08:17 AM
The poll isn't even necessary...this isn't something that is really debatable.  The Aliens are brown, regardless of people's perceptions to the contrary.

As SM noted, Khondji processed the film using the silver-retention process, which makes the blacks much deeper and richer.  Consequently, any dark colours become even darker, making it hard to tell where they end and the shadows start.

The cinematography is easily one of the best aspects to A:R.

Or, in Carter-Speak:  The film was shot to look dark, so the brown costumes look almost black.  ;)

I was kidding about the english part >:(

Sorry i posted this poll i was just wondering. >:(

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Carter J. Burke on May 24, 2007, 05:08:40 AM
I was kidding about the english part >:(
My response was also in jest, as indicated by the winking smiley..

SM

SM

My response was in irritation.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Well, there was a little of that too, but if you don't sugar-coat it for Carter, he'll just delete his part of the conversation.

SM

SM

Doesn't really matter.  I felt like I was talking to myself anyway.

War Wager

War Wager

They where brown its just that theyre mostly in the dark, but you can clearly see that the Queen is brown.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

God i hate the damn brown aliens.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

I had no problem with Alien 3's brown xeno.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Well that alien is an exception, for some reason i too find it not that crappy, but for another reason i hated the brown colored aliens from A4, don't know why

FACEBOX

FACEBOX

Quote from: SM on May 24, 2007, 05:53:55 AM
Doesn't really matter.  I felt like I was talking to myself anyway.

The guy is only 13.
Don't be so hard on him... y'all.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed