Alien 5: Next of Kin

Started by nchurch81, May 23, 2007, 05:08:44 PM

Author
Alien 5: Next of Kin (Read 1,252 times)

nchurch81

nchurch81

Personally I think we all need to except that fact that Alien: Res took place.  Alien 3 wasn't a dream and neither was Alien: Resurrection.  But I think there are some interesting opportunities created by the addition of the alien/human hybrid.  No, I'm not talking about the Newborn.  Ripley 8 is a badass mutant and could easily be exploited to generate new and exciting story lines..... if Sigourney Weaver wasn't so thoroughly opposed to bringing back Ripley.  But that's cool because all we gotta do is get Ripley knocked up!

That's right kids, the continued "Ripley Saga" exists in Ripley's offspring.  And being an alien mutant and all, it's easy enough to suggest that she spontaneously generated her children.  Now whether they're good guys or bad guys.... that remains to be seen.  Just a thought.

(I re-posted this because you the other place where I wrote this is locked)

Newsfop

Newsfop

Perhaps the superior DNA of the alien in Ripley will win over and reject the human tissue, thus turning Ripley 8 into a new queen and turning her into a villain for the first time in the series. It's an opportunity for Weaver to not retread the same path and really tap into her more malevolent psyche. Modern cinema technology would make a transformation look believable too, no dodgy mo-motion for this one.

SM

SM

Ripley turning into a Queen is a concept that's been around for some time now.

And by the way there's already a thread for Alien V ideas under Important Topics.

nchurch81

nchurch81

Yeah, I noticed the ALIEN 5 topic just a little too late. 

And yes I'm sure most of the stuff I would end up talking about in this thread would be more or less a rehash of all the stuff that's already been talked about the in the Alien5 thread. 

But I don't know if it would kill anyone if I kept this thread going.  Though I'm more than happy to take if down if it's a bother.

The whole reason for this is that I'm contemplating a fan fic and I just wanted to bounce some ideas off people to see what kind of stuff they were interested in having take place in A fifth alien film/script/fan fic. 

So there's the possiibility for Ripley going mutant monster and populating the earth with evil alien spawn. 

There's also the possibility that we just follow the story of her "people."  The only reason I stress this is because Weaver has made it pretty clear she had no interest in returning to the series.  And that's dandy.  But I also don't like feeling like we wasted a movie.  I would be nice to make it seem like Alien Resurrection served a purpose.  Granted that purpose may simply have been to wrap up the "Ripley Saga" and that's certainly a possibility.  But I think it's intriguing to come up with something when we simply use what we've been given. 

Anyway.  Part of me has been envisioning a full scale assault on the human race.  Aliens just keep showing up on colony after colony and no one knows how it's happening.  Then we find out that the offspring of Ripley have found an ancient egg "factory" (going off the idea that the aliens were originally a biological weapon) and are infecting colony with the nasties.  And why would the Ripleys have such a grudge against humanity?  Well we can assume that, like regular aliens, Ripley's children received a lot of her memories.  And the conclusion they've come to is that the devil that Ripley has been running away from all these years isn't the aliens, but that human race.  For the hell of it we'll call the story Aliens: Armageddon since I just love those biblical sub-titles. 

Your thoughts?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed