They'll never be scary again...

Started by War Wager, May 21, 2007, 07:00:40 PM

Author
They'll never be scary again... (Read 3,537 times)

War Wager

War Wager

Alot of people want to see Aliens in another horror film like in Alien, but the truth is although people might try, the Aliens just wont be a mysterious and creepy as they were. People have seen them too much to be scared of them anymore... but thats just my opinion...  :-\

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

i disagree. i personally dont think the aliens have lost their creepyness or think that they have been overexposed or anything like that. to me they are still as mysterious as ever, besides showing a queen and hive ideas/adapting host DNA there is nothing that has explained the alien to a point where it isnt mysterious anymore.

The problem is that after Alien, the movies became more action oriented, if a good director who knew the alien took over for a new movie i could easily seeing myself being turely scared of the alien again.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Things that eat you in dark places will always be scary.  I don't think the problem is inherent as much with the Alien, as it is the situations the Alien has been placed in during the sequels.

War Wager

War Wager

I'm actually going to disagree with myself here! I can remember being quite freaked out when I watched the other Alien films too. Esapecially Alien3 for some reason...  :-\

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Well, I do think some of the mystery has been diminished.  Thats going to happen over the course of five films.  But I do think you could make them scary again, its just how you do it.

Its Game Time

Quote from: War Wager on May 21, 2007, 07:00:40 PM
Alot of people want to see Aliens in another horror film like in Alien, but the truth is although people might try, the Aliens just wont be a mysterious and creepy as they were. People have seen them too much to be scared of them anymore... but thats just my opinion...  :-\

I agree. It will take a miracle for me to be scared of an Alien movie. Maybe, just maybe, Alien vs Predator 2 will be scary for me.

SM

SM

Fans won't be scared anymore because we've studied and discussed them to the point of ridiculousness.  Plenty of potential for the average punter to be scared though.

Its Game Time

I've seen the aliens many times and i have seen the predators many times. I can generally expect what they are going to do.  :-\

ShadowPred

True, but they never scared me in the first place...the only thing that did make me jump was in Alien when the alien just came up all arms open when it was in the ducts, surprises like that are probably the only thing that can come close to be frightened by the alien and predator

Corporal Hicks

I think the underlying stuff is gone. The whole "Man-getting-raped" thing. I mean, not that the thought of being raped doesn't scare me, but the movie had a "men aren't all powerful" message in it, that's sorta become not so meaningful these days.

Dachande

Dachande

Well of course they're not scaring when they're making plush dolls out of the characters. We need the films to go back to how they wee before, instead of just becoming what a modern audience wants.

SM

SM

Alien3 tried not giving the audience what they want - didn't really work out too well.

SiL

SiL

Dog Soldiers was scary, and how many dozens of werewolf movies have there been?

Do something a little different, but not too radically out-there, that keeps the audience guessing.

FACEBOX

FACEBOX

They're designs may not be scary to some anymore, but if utilized correctly, a butterfly can be scary.

Aliens will always be one of the scariest movie monsters. No doubt about it.
So, I don't see how aliens won't be able to scare people anymore.  ???

Dachande

Dachande

Butterfly's cant be scary, unless your like...scared of butterflies....

Or, you get the old shock horror, like in the first Marine level on AvP2, when the pipes in the roof burst...i must of shot that bastard at least 30 times before realising what it was

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed