Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 960,480 times)

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Cal427eb on Mar 15, 2014, 11:41:38 PM
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker

Have I ever talked about how much I hate smashing one button as a gameplay mechanic? Whoever came up with that idea should end their life.

Ugh quick-time events. >:(

They can be kind of entertaining if used right (RE4) but even when they're kind of entertaining, they're also kind of annoying, and most games using them overdo it.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Cal427eb on Mar 16, 2014, 12:34:32 AM
Weird.

Yeah, I know. I mean, I haven't played the MSX games, but still.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: RagingDragon on Mar 16, 2014, 12:37:44 AM

Have I ever talked about how much I hate smashing one button as a gameplay mechanic? Whoever came up with that idea should end their life.

They can be kind of entertaining if used right (RE4) but even when they're kind of entertaining, they're also kind of annoying, and most games using them overdo it.
I don't really care about QTEs. But smashing one button for an extended amount of time is f**king stupid.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 16, 2014, 12:42:41 AM
Weird.

Those are the hardest.  :P

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Cal427eb on Mar 16, 2014, 12:46:15 AM
Quote from: RagingDragon on Mar 16, 2014, 12:37:44 AM

I don't really care about QTEs. But smashing one button for an extended amount of time is f**king stupid.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 16, 2014, 12:42:41 AM
Weird.

Those are the hardest.  :P

I figured, since they're old ass games form back when stupid annoying crap was considered "challenging."

Vakarian

Vakarian

I myself am not a fan of QTE's either, but goddamn it was effective in the microwave hall scene at the end of MGS4...

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Vakarian on Mar 16, 2014, 12:55:59 AM
I myself am not a fan of QTE's either, but goddamn it was effective in the microwave hall scene at the end of MGS4...

Yeah, that was great.  :'(

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

That was a storytelling mechanic in the hallways scene: Snake is going on nothing but willpower/stamina alone so you as the user had better be doing the same.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Dat Resident Evil movie homage ^

I admit I loved that, but I think the QTE's in RE4 are done well.

They don't reach God of War status where you're flipping around on some giant doing impossible shit and the game's like "press B! Oh shit awesome!"

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I love the QTEs in Dante's Inferno. You get to slice off Cerberus' heads.  8)

WinterActual

WinterActual

Dante's Inferno is one of the most underrated games ever but in fact its damn good game. I liked it way more than God Of War.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: WinterActual on Mar 16, 2014, 05:41:02 AM
Dante's Inferno is one of the most underrated games ever but in fact its damn good game. I liked it way more than God Of War.

Same here. I can never get the button mashing to work half the time in God of War.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I don't mind them unless they take over the whole entire game like they did in Heavy Rain.  Whole reason I didn't get Beyond Two Souls was because the gameplay (or lack thereof) was to similar.  Looked like my kind of shiz to.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I honestly liked both of those games, but Beyond kind of shat the bed towards the end for me.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

G-Rank monsters are cheap ass dickbags. :P

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

FYI there's an anime short about Dante's Inferno on the Netflix instant watch. It's f**king dope.

The Dead Space one is also dope, but you have to watch the right one. It's Downfall, I believe. Aftermath was shite imo.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed