Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 960,460 times)

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: WinterActual on Jan 12, 2014, 09:01:27 PM
Quote from: Cal427eb on Jan 12, 2014, 03:08:44 AM
DayZ

People that KoS fresh spawns are the scum of the earth.
Even the animals ain't doing that  :laugh:  Most predators play with their prey before killing it - like force feeding it with rotten bananas, bleach; or stealing its pants. But there's really no point in KoS, its not even fun  :-\
They're just douchebags that should go back to playing CoD.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Thats the problem with this "genre" imo. There's no clear objective what to do. They can kos every new noob on the server if they want and nobody will say anything because its not forbidden by the game itself. Its not against the core rules. The game could be fun with friends in private server if the zombies were some threat but they aren't and playing with randoms is not exactly fun in such game. I tried the Standalone using the acc of one friend but I really didn't liked what I saw. The features and the content will come but the basic playstyle will stay the same.

The devs should add some "mutators" in the game. Lets say like increasing zombie numbers over time so the players have to reduce them all the time otherwise the zombies will overrun the server. Or to add battle royale style death sectors but other way around - all sectors except one (or two) will cause instant death of you stay there longer than 10 mins or something like that, which will cause a huge war in the server to inhabit the safe sector. Or to infect the whole server with 10-20 hours left before everybody who could get the cure will die and the cure is only enough for 15 or 20 players. Stuff like that you know. It will keep the game going and it will bring tons of INTENDED fun. But leaving it as it is to rot (the gameplay I mean) - nah.. I'll pass.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

You know that the game is in pre-alpha right now, right? The main developer of the game is even saying that it's shit right now in it's current state. About the zombie thing, there will be more zombies eventually. They just can't add that many more at the moment before they stabilize the servers. Sorry, but the game modes that you suggested sound stupid. That's not the kind of game that DayZ is trying to be. There isn't supposed to be an endgame or an objective. That's what you are supposed to figure out what to do yourself. They still have yet to add bases, vehicles, more zombies, higher player counts, more features to do, completed crafting system, and ect. Trust me, there will be a shit ton of stuff to do.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Yeah just like in the mod - the biggest gangs with the highest member count who play 24/7 who have vehicles, bases, helicopters and high end weaponry will rape the server. It doesn't matter if its in alfa, beta or final. With the free play concept, the game will always end up like that. Like open world tdm lol

SM

SM

Doom 3 - Resurrection of Evil : f**k those flying flaming skulls bastards.  >:(

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: WinterActual on Jan 12, 2014, 09:43:53 PM
Yeah just like in the mod - the biggest gangs with the highest member count who play 24/7 who have vehicles, bases, helicopters and high end weaponry will rape the server. It doesn't matter if its in alfa, beta or final. With the free play concept, the game will always end up like that. Like open world tdm lol
*sigh* Never mind.

WinterActual

WinterActual

What objective based modes you are suggesting then? I am just curious since I am always up for more objective based modes  :laugh:

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Far Cry 3 Co-op

f**k the dudes with knives, f**k 'em.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: WinterActual on Jan 12, 2014, 10:54:04 PM
What objective based modes you are suggesting then? I am just curious since I am always up for more objective based modes  :laugh:
None. You don't need to have an objective to have fun in the game. I have fun wandering aimlessly looting, helping other players, and killing bandits.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Why doesn't anyone have feeeeeet?!?!

Sabby

Sabby

I can't enjoy games like DayZ. Not because it doesn't look fun (though that's certainly a barrier) but without structure, I get bored. Even open world games like GTA and Skyrim have some kind of structure to them. Plopping you into a big open area and going 'have fun' isn't going to do anything for me.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

The game definitely isn't for everyone and the developers know that. It's as hardcore and niche as it gets when it comes to the survival genre. It's only for the most dedicated of people and most people wouldn't want to pour hours of gameplay into one character just to get sniped by some bandit and have to start all over again.

Sabby

Sabby

Trying to get a Ghost playthrough of Dishonored. The game feels much more tense and exciting.

Vakarian

Vakarian

Minecraft: Mass Effect Edition
Battlefield 4
GTA Online

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Vakarian on Jan 15, 2014, 03:06:37 AM
Minecraft: Mass Effect Edition
wut

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed