Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 960,285 times)

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Wweyland on Sep 17, 2023, 05:52:55 PM
Quote from: Stitch on Sep 17, 2023, 05:23:58 PM
Quote from: Wweyland on Sep 17, 2023, 02:04:29 PMFinally got around to playing System Shock Remastered, and loving it so far.
Maybe you'll finish it before me. I'm still making my way through Citadel!
I hear there is a waypoint system, but it's bugged out and doesn't work.
I believe that's only in easy mode. I started on normal and you can't change difficulty levels mid game.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: Stitch on Sep 18, 2023, 01:03:43 PM
Quote from: Wweyland on Sep 17, 2023, 05:52:55 PM
Quote from: Stitch on Sep 17, 2023, 05:23:58 PM
Quote from: Wweyland on Sep 17, 2023, 02:04:29 PMFinally got around to playing System Shock Remastered, and loving it so far.
Maybe you'll finish it before me. I'm still making my way through Citadel!
I hear there is a waypoint system, but it's bugged out and doesn't work.
I believe that's only in easy mode. I started on normal and you can't change difficulty levels mid game.
That's true, although I considered restarting for the waypoints.

Stitch

Stitch

Ok, so I am still slowly going through System Shock remake. It's over of those games where I can't put to much time in at once because I feel like my brain gets overloaded and I need a break.

However, in the meantime I have finished story mode of Mortal Kombat 1, which is cool but also weird. klKinda feels like they didn't definitely need the reboot, but it's allowed them to do some crazy things, especially in the last level.

Also got halfway through Separate Ways for RE4 remake. On hardcore, it is hardcore. I've read that some people have finished the whole thing in 4 hours.  I'm about 4 hours in and just under half way. Loving it so far.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Unfortunately, I have to look at guides to get through the System Shock remake. It really is tough without any note list.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Wweyland on Sep 24, 2023, 10:00:43 PMUnfortunately, I have to look at guides to get through the System Shock remake. It really is tough without any note list.
I'm doing my best, but I had to look up a guide for some bits. Trying to do as much by myself as I can, though there are parts where I got stuck, looked up the guide and thought 'how the hell was I supposed to work that out?'

Wweyland

Wweyland

I'm about 6 hours into the System Shock Remake, and from the guides, my main objective seems to be to disable a mining laser, but I haven't encountered anything to imply this. It's further complicated by the fact that I can go to so many decks that are already unlocked.

System Shock 2 had a much clearer structure (the decks would unlock with clear story-related objectives - restore power, lift obstructed, etc.)

It's still pretty great though.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Wweyland on Sep 25, 2023, 06:59:56 AMI'm about 6 hours into the System Shock Remake, and from the guides, my main objective seems to be to disable a mining laser, but I haven't encountered anything to imply this. It's further complicated by the fact that I can go to so many decks that are already unlocked.

System Shock 2 had a much clearer structure (the decks would unlock with clear story-related objectives - restore power, lift obstructed, etc.)

Yeah, 6 hours was about where I was for the mining laser. I'm currently about 28 hours in and I think I'm near the end. I think I have one or 2 levels left, based on the maps.

Might be wrong, though!

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: Stitch on Sep 25, 2023, 04:43:35 PM
Quote from: Wweyland on Sep 25, 2023, 06:59:56 AMI'm about 6 hours into the System Shock Remake, and from the guides, my main objective seems to be to disable a mining laser, but I haven't encountered anything to imply this. It's further complicated by the fact that I can go to so many decks that are already unlocked.

Yeah, 6 hours was about where I was for the mining laser. I'm currently about 28 hours in and I think I'm near the end. I think I have one or 2 levels left, based on the maps.

Might be wrong, though!
The Original and the Remake are fascinating, but I think it shows how much superior the second game was. SS2 I would consider my favorite game ever.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Wweyland on Sep 26, 2023, 12:50:32 PM

Might be wrong, though!
The Original and the Remake are fascinating, but I think it shows how much superior the second game was. SS2 I would consider my favorite game ever.
I'm looking forward to the enhanced edition release. Been playing SSR on steam deck (runs perfectly), and I know there's a community mod which makes SS2 better, but I can't get it to apply on the deck. I've heard the enhanced edition is likely to have everything from the community mod and more, so I want them to release it so I can check it out on deck.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: Stitch on Sep 27, 2023, 03:25:29 AM
Quote from: Wweyland on Sep 26, 2023, 12:50:32 PM

Might be wrong, though!
I'm looking forward to the enhanced edition release. Been playing SSR on steam deck (runs perfectly), and I know there's a community mod which makes SS2 better, but I can't get it to apply on the deck. I've heard the enhanced edition is likely to have everything from the community mod and more, so I want them to release it so I can check it out on deck.
Honestly, I was very happy with the regular SS2 on Steam, it worked great on widescreen and did not have any crash issues. It even had Steam Cards, but no achievements though. I guess the textures could use some more crisp.

Stitch

Stitch

FINALLY! I DID IT!

System Shock remake complete. It's only taken me 4 months! 36 hours of actual gameplay according to Steam...

Wweyland

Wweyland

I'm getting close to it (at least I hope), about to enter the Security Deck.
I have still some unfinished business, like the chess game on Delta Grove.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Finally finished Baldur's Gate 3

140 hours play time

Unlocked achievements 42/53 (79%)

Now I need detox. Time for gin and tonic :)

Stitch

Stitch

Sonic Frontiers: Final Horizon

This is the third title update. The one with the new ending and all the new playable characters. It's also a big f**k you to the players who wanted it in the first place.

Ridiculously hard, even on easy mode. It's supposed to be a kids game, but no 7 year old is likely to ever beat this. I spent 5 hours last night one one boss trial. On easy mode.

To quote a famous online character:
WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?

Also been slowly making my way through Stasis, a 2015 point and click horror adventure. Some puzzles are needlessly complicated, but most are ok. Atmosphere is great, and story, so far, is pretty good - standard space horror fare.
Worth checking out, I think.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Playing Turbo Overkill and enjoying it very much.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed