(imaginary) AvP PitchFest

Started by Russ, Feb 28, 2014, 04:07:11 PM

Author
(imaginary) AvP PitchFest (Read 1,621 times)

Russ

Russ

Peakius Baragonius's thread got me thinking - well, as many threads on here do, what do fans want from the next Alien, Pred or AvP film.

Not sure if this thread will fly or not, but imagine you were at Fox for a meeting and you had to pitch your idea(s) for a new movie in the franchise - what would they be? I've put this in the AvP forum, but the pitch doesn't necessarily have to be for the "vs" part of the ... universe (or multiverse - diversity and inclusion in action there, RakaThewei).

I think it'd be cool to hear people's thoughts and ideas in bite-sized formats (and of course the ones that say "FOAD, you ruined the franchise you bastards" and so forth.

But yeah, just an idea, I hope it rolls :-)

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

This topic is already already covered in the stickied thread AVP3 Ideas, but I'll give you a pitch.

There's an interplanetary war going on.  The protagonist is a Colonial Marine who has seen combat on several different worlds.  After every engagement, someone in his unit (squad, troop, whatever) is found dead under bizarre circumstances, like being skinned and hanging from a tree, for example.  While everyone else chalks it up to some crazy war shit, our hero eventually learns, through clues a la Danny's necklace and meetings with ambiguous company agents and such, that he (or she) is being stalked by a predator.  The final confrontation takes place on a world inhabited by aliens.

Russ

Russ

Thanks, Kelgaard - I should have noted the sticky, much appreciated.

Great idea - It could make a great TV series with the ongoing plot ... Like Space: Above and Beyond!

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Government moving into neglected area on a colony, (Titan from DS) story follows a group of protestors because even though the government will improve the area it is also Facist.

There is a mole for the government in our group, the government while mining also stumbles upon a lone alien egg whilist mining.
From an an Ancient war or some such, it is enchased in a Engineer-like Jar.
Someone gets infected, a predator also arrives to hunt as usual and in the political chaos and rioting people start going missing, due to the lone alien and predator.

That's the general plot, there's more in AVP3 ideas thread.

But I'd prefer a reboot if ever it happened.

Russ

Russ

I will head on over to the AvP3 ideas (which I missed - cos its a sticky, and I always miss stickies. Which is bad of me).

Great ideas though, I can't wait to have a look at more and dive in with some of my own

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Ok hear me out. 2 preds, 1 alien. Basically a father son outing that goes horribly wrong. WITHOUT ANY DAMN HUMANS! We don't need those filthy creatures. No it's not After Earth. No.

Hell-Scorpion

Hell-Scorpion

Reboot the whole shitty mess of AVP and base it off of 1) the 1989 AVP comic, 2) the Crapcom arcade game, 3) the 1999 PC game, or 4) a series of fake images that hit the web several years before Fox made the idiotic decision to give AVP to Paul W.S. Anderson (and sadly the 3 fakes I saw looked like they had more story in them than that entire shitfest)

Also with Lance Henriksen as Michael/Karl Bishop Weyland & Arnold Vosloo as a android....

blood.

blood.

Predators enslave humans and aliens to fight each other for their viewing pleasure and the strongest are deemed worthy of hunting by the predators. A human manages to escape and lead a rebellion against the predators by shooting a laser minigun from the hip single handedly while riding a velociraptor spawned alien and smokng a cigar. There's also a blonde with large breasts and long legs who gasps a lot and at some point there is an explosion that lights her clothes on fire which get burnt away however the fire does not burn her.

They hook up.

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

"I've heard 45 pitches on this movie, from terrific writers, and in fact I even hired a writing team that had a good story but wasn't actually able to execute it in a way that was good enough, and on the first pitch, bloodinthemud nailed it."

-John Davis, producer.

blood.

blood.

Quote from: Kelgaard on Apr 13, 2014, 01:58:07 PM
"I've heard 45 pitches on this movie, from terrific writers, and in fact I even hired a writing team that had a good story but wasn't actually able to execute it in a way that was good enough, and on the first pitch, bloodinthemud nailed it."

-John Davis, producer.

:D ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed