AVP3 Ideas

Started by Originalsin, Jun 06, 2007, 08:25:09 PM

Author
AVP3 Ideas (Read 361,317 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: AvPvTerminator on Oct 31, 2008, 01:52:18 AM
Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Oct 30, 2008, 07:55:28 PM
Predators are smug  arrogant bitches that think too much of themselves.

Remember, not all predators act like Wolf.

Or the idiots that we know as Scar, Celtic, and Gill.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Well, the Predator in the first movie was pretty cocky and arrogant too. He threw away his mask in the bog and started flexing his muscles before manhandling Dutch... and see what happened to him. He might not have been as arrogant and sloppy as Wolf (well, in Wolf's case I think it has to do more with severe retardation than arrogance), but he was still one damn conceited bastard with the ego of a Roman emperor.

But you're right; the City Hunter was erratic in his behavior, but he never acted like a fool. This guy actually fought/hunted  with everything he got. He fought dirty most of the time rather than behaving like a self-righteous moron... His big flaw was to hunt more than one person/prey at the time; this guy preferred to hunt groups of people (flocks). But still, for some reason, I have a hard time picturing him snuffing Ripley 8.

The only one I would agree on being able to outclass Ripley 8 completely in unarmed combat is Celtic. He is the only Predator this far that has shown any sort of 'true' melee skills and martial art prowess. All the other Predators we have seen, except Celtic, have fought like simple brutes, basically relying on their gear and cloaking devices in order to kick the asses of their opponents in close combat. But Celtic fought for real, and he also had some kind of respect for his opponent.

EEV2650

EEV2650

As for the #8 vs. predator fight, it could go either way. #8 does have some alien stregnth, instinct, blood so i can see how she could come out on top. If a predator realized she had all these skills he could adjust his fighting style to counter them. My gut tells me #8 might just take the predator down.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: A.K.A on Oct 31, 2008, 03:44:07 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 31, 2008, 02:53:20 AM

Or the idiots that we know as Scar, Celtic, and Gill.
"chopper" not gill

Tomato, Tamato

Master Chief

Master Chief

After thinking about it some more, I do think Ripley 8 can beat the Predator at one thing...Basketball. ::)

Milan

Milan

A Predator is a hunter choosing his prey among those who could kill or hurt him.
He would be able to kill Ripley 8 as he would be able to kill an alien.
People say that it's impossible because she got some of the alien strength's, like acid blood,
sure she got acid blood but the predator ain't a vampire.
However it all depends on who's controlling the fight, Ripley 8 could win so could the Predator.
You have to remember that in the AVP movies the Aliens ain't that dangerous, they are a prey that you begin with, something an inexperienced hunter use to train his skills, you start with the Alien then you work your way up to prey who would be more dangerous, like humans.

War Wager

War Wager

Aliens are meant to be the top game. Killing an Alien meant you had killed one of the most dangerous organisms in the galaxy. You have to work up the prey to get to hunt Aliens.

... supposedly.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Milan on Nov 01, 2008, 11:43:16 PM
A Predator is a hunter choosing his prey among those who could kill or hurt him.
True.

People say that it's impossible because she got some of the alien strength's, like acid blood,
Huh? (please rephrase yourself - I'm pretty dense in the noggin' today).

However it all depends on who's controlling the fight, Ripley 8 could win so could the Predator.
Which is kind of what I have suggested all along.

You have to remember that in the AVP movies the Aliens ain't that dangerous,
In AVP:R they were a bunch of sissy easy-kill lamos, but in AVP they were extremely dangerous and vicious (if you would've tossed Grid & Co into AVP:R, Wolf would've been killed in the matter of seconds - wham, blam, thank you mam!) and way more dangerous than us silly humans. They were almost at par with the Dragon (AKA Dog-Alien), if not up there.

they are a prey that you begin with, something an inexperienced hunter use to train his skills, you start with the Alien then you work your way up to prey who would be more dangerous, like humans.
I don't know if I'm perfectly wrong here, but aren't Hard Meat (Aliens) considered to be the Ultimate Prey in the comics? To me Aliens seem to be the Ultimate test to see if you're the ultimate bad-ass kind of Predator or just the regular bad-ass type.

Milan

Milan

Quote from: War Wager on Nov 02, 2008, 12:05:16 AM
Aliens are meant to be the top game. Killing an Alien meant you had killed one of the most dangerous organisms in the galaxy. You have to work up the prey to get to hunt Aliens.

... supposedly.

In EU the Alien is the ultimate prey cause there ain't a creature more challenging to hunt than the Alien.
In the movies they have become ecuall to braiding a predators hair, a painful process...
...like watching these movies...

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Nov 02, 2008, 12:18:09 AM
Huh? (please rephrase yourself - I'm pretty dense in the noggin' today)..

Well, if Ripley 8 would fight an unarmed Predator then you need to think about how a Predator would fight her, he wouldn't claw her or bite her, he would punch/ kick her to death with singular heavy blows or break her neck.
Picture the fight in your mind and how it would effect the predator if he gets burned by her acid and if it happens how would the predator react and adjust his fighting to it.
If he doesn't know then he'll probably find out when he rips her spine and skull, but then she's already dead.
he'll lose a hand or arm.
Ripley 8 is a bigger problem for Dracula than a Predator ;)...

Which is kind of what I have suggested all along.

I'm with you on that one, it could go either way.

You have to remember that in the AVP movies the Aliens ain't that dangerous,
In AVP:R they were a bunch of sissy easy-kill lamos, but in AVP they were extremely dangerous and vicious (if you would've tossed Grid & Co into AVP:R, Wolf would've been killed in the matter of seconds - wham, blam, thank you mam!) and way more dangerous than us silly humans. They were almost at par with the Dragon (AKA Dog-Alien), if not up there.

AVP had one Alien at par with the Dragon, it was Grid.
And Grid was the one who acted most "predatorish", he stalked his prey, waited to the oppertune moment to strike and had a attitude. To bad they cut out his death scene cause he played a big part in that movie.
In AVP-R, well I wasn't impressed by the Aliens, I always had the impression that they were ecually dangerous no matter what hive they came from but I guess they ain't.

they are a prey that you begin with, something an inexperienced hunter use to train his skills, you start with the Alien then you work your way up to prey who would be more dangerous, like humans.
I don't know if I'm perfectly wrong here, but aren't Hard Meat (Aliens) considered to be the Ultimate Prey in the comics? To me Aliens seem to be the Ultimate test to see if you're the ultimate bad-ass kind of Predator or just the regular bad-ass type.

Yes, your right about the role Alien plays within the comics.
But in AVP they play a different part, they are a part of a young Predators right of passage,
I'll provide an example.
Let's talk about sex ;)
A right of passage ain't about losing your virginity, it's about reaching an age when you're allowed to f**k legally.
In EU the Predator has the braiding of his hair as a right of passage, after that he has the status as unblooded. Any Predator are allowed to hunt the Alien but an unblooded Predator wouldn't stand a chance so it ain't that common, in the comics it's mostly young bloods and blooded that hunts the Alien.
And hunting is their reason for living, if they can't hunt or feel like they are about to lose against a prey then they'll kill themselves.
The Alien is the ultimate prey in the comics, in the movies it's me turning 15 (legal age for having sex in Sweden).

DB

DB

In which comic are the Aliens called "the ultimate prey"?

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Well, if Ripley 8 would fight an unarmed Predator then you need to think about how a Predator would fight her, he wouldn't claw her or bite her, he would punch/ kick her to death with singular heavy blows or break her neck.
Picture the fight in your mind and how it would effect the predator if he gets burned by her acid and if it happens how would the predator react and adjust his fighting to it.
If he doesn't know then he'll probably find out when he rips her spine and skull, but then she's already dead.
And she would dodge and block those hits; she's not a brittle human being, you know. And even though she isn't a full-blooded Alien, she still is fast, 'durable' and vicious. The Predator is not going to have an easy time here... especially if he's arrogant and cocky, because if he is, well, then he'll be in a world of hurt... It might be Ripley 8 who stand there, holding his head while dangling with his spine. ;)

AVP had one Alien at par with the Dragon, it was Grid.
And Grid was the one who acted most "predatorish", he stalked his prey, waited to the oppertune moment to strike and had a attitude. To bad they cut out his death scene cause he played a big part in that movie.
In AVP-R, well I wasn't impressed by the Aliens, I always had the impression that they were ecually dangerous no matter what hive they came from but I guess they ain't.
Well, they're supposed to be dangerous and scary no matter where they're from. But sometimes God (=Brothers Strause in this case) works in mysterious ways...

But in AVP they play a different part, they are a part of a young Predators right of passage,
I'll provide an example.
Let's talk about sex ;)
A right of passage ain't about losing your virginity, it's about reaching an age when you're allowed to f**k legally.
In EU the Predator has the braiding of his hair as a right of passage, after that he has the status as unblooded. Any Predator are allowed to hunt the Alien but an unblooded Predator wouldn't stand a chance so it ain't that common, in the comics it's mostly young bloods and blooded that hunts the Alien.
And hunting is their reason for living, if they can't hunt or feel like they are about to lose against a prey then they'll kill themselves.
The Alien is the ultimate prey in the comics, in the movies it's me turning 15 (legal age for having sex in Sweden).
Ok, I don't know what you're getting at here... but, ok, let's go for it: to me the Aliens seem to be revered as the ultimate pray in the movies as well. The humans are, so to speak, just vessels catering the treats (the treats of death that is). And to me Scar & Co didn't seem to be that unexperienced at all. Gill even had a rack of skulls on his back (those skulls have to come from somewhere...) and Celtic's melee fighting skills were far superior to all his brothers' (especially when compared to Wolf who's the most sluggish oaf ever to possess dreads and a pair of wrist blades). It seems more like the Pyramid Hunting Game is something that only the most daring and skilled Predators would indulge, whereas regular Predators rather go for unsupervised fun spontaneous hunts in the outdoors where they have the upper hand no matter the prey.

Milan

Milan

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Nov 02, 2008, 10:16:43 PM
And she would dodge and block those hits; she's not a brittle human being, you know. And even though she isn't a full-blooded Alien, she still is fast, 'durable' and vicious. The Predator is not going to have an easy time here... especially if he's arrogant and cocky, because if he is, well, then he'll be in a world of hurt... It might be Ripley 8 who stand there, holding his head while dangling with his spine. ;)
Yup, it could end that way to or they decide to team up, get kiddies and live happily ever after ;)
Joking aside, acid do play a part if Ripley 8 and a Predator should fight but I think the part it would play is overrated.
But if I should describe a Predator and Ripley with one word for each, then the Predator would be described as a hunter, Ripley would be described as a survivor.
So if they fight Ripley should be the last one standing, not because the traits she got from the Alien but because it's in her character to cheat death.

I'll provide an example.
Let's talk about sex ;)
Ok, I don't know what you're getting at here... but, ok, let's go for it: to me the Aliens seem to be revered as the ultimate pray in the movies as well. The humans are, so to speak, just vessels catering the treats (the treats of death that is). And to me Scar & Co didn't seem to be that unexperienced at all. Gill even had a rack of skulls on his back (those skulls have to come from somewhere...) and Celtic's melee fighting skills were far superior to all his brothers' (especially when compared to Wolf who's the most sluggish oaf ever to possess dreads and a pair of wrist blades). It seems more like the Pyramid Hunting Game is something that only the most daring and skilled Predators would indulge, whereas regular Predators rather go for unsupervised fun spontaneous hunts in the outdoors where they have the upper hand no matter the prey.

Well, my take on the skulls is that they were ceremonial wear, not trophy's from previous hunts,
cause he wasn't allowed to hunt before the right of passage, that's why they were at the pyramid in the first place, it's a "coming of age" ritual, only after the right of passage are they allowed to hunt and collect trophy's.
Second to this is, what do you think would be a greater challenge, hunt Aliens in a populated area in town or city or within that pyramid, the pyramids is like a big game hunter going on safari...to the nearest zoo.
The Pyramid reminds me of a labyrinth, and the Predators and Aliens within it has the role as the Minotaur.
And to Predator traditions and culture the right of Passage is huge, these creatures won't go on living if they lose their status as hunters, even if they lose it temporarely, this is how big trophy hunting is to them.
It ain't hard to figure that out, just look at Pussyface and Anytime. Pussyface would have survived a fall from that distance, still he decided to commit suicide. That was only because Key's and his men managed to surprise him, they where stalking him, made him prey then Harrigan jumped in shot him and managed to jump him again at the roof top, that was enough for Pussyface to try to end his life, cause during that hunt he lost his status as hunter, for a short period be became the prey...
Being a hunter, It ain't a way of life, it's life to them.
My take on the three Predators that went into the Pyramids is that they only had practised their skills, Scar was good but it was his first battle.
He was like a karateka, one that has spent many years practised the martial art but never once used it in a real fight before.
I think that Anderson didn't know the difference between a unblooded, young blood and blooded Predator and the role the right of passage played to the creature.
He thought that right of passage and unblooded was the same thing.
To bad that he didn't respect that he had 20 years of heritage to maintain.
And the brothers Strause, claiming to be Predator fans...
The Predators are hunters, if they travel within a clan or tribe they got a elder being in charge.
A Predator ain't a cleaner, he is a hunter. He doesn't answer to a "Godfather", he answer to an elder...
Wolf was a cleaner, cleaning up evidence of the Alien on earth...
...then why transport alive facehuggers to earth in the first place.

SM

SM

QuoteSecond to this is, what do you think would be a greater challenge, hunt Aliens in a populated area in town or city or within that pyramid, the pyramids is like a big game hunter going on safari...to the nearest zoo.

You might have a point if zoos had no fences and kept changing their layout every 10 minutes.

Milan

Milan

Quote from: SM on Nov 03, 2008, 02:00:40 AM
QuoteSecond to this is, what do you think would be a greater challenge, hunt Aliens in a populated area in town or city or within that pyramid, the pyramids is like a big game hunter going on safari...to the nearest zoo.

You might have a point if zoos had no fences and kept changing their layout every 10 minutes.

My point is that the Alien is a caged animal, it doesn't run with a creature being a big game trophy hunter to hunt jailed animals. How are you able to stalk, track and ambush a creature when your hunting ground is changing like the locations within a dream, if I would like to hunt a deer, i go out in the woods and hunt it in their own habitat.
The Alien is a creature known for adapting to it's habitat, they force it.
So why not just drop some face huggers in a town and hunt some aliens later.
Humans falling victims to them would still be counted as sacrifice and when there ain't any humans left within the town, the Aliens would go to "sleep" so the Predators wouldn't have to worry about the Aliens spreading all over the globe.

Xhan

Xhan

Rather spurious to assume Aliens reach a critical mass in regards to expansion.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed