ACM Status Update #2

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 19, 2010, 11:24:40 AM

Author
ACM Status Update #2 (Read 156,880 times)

Brother

Brother

A tweet by AdamF

Originally Posted by PezRadar
@stonkovich we didn't list it in the panel description for nothing. it will be talked about.

Talking about A:CM.

Ash 937

Ash 937

That sounds good.  THIS would've sounded more reassuring:

"...we didn't list it in the panel description for nothing.  We got our clearance from Sega.  It will be talked about."

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

QuoteDenial.

Brian Thomas just tweeted:

@tinyincrements Last video for PAX rendered. Seattle here comes the Gearbox Away Team! http://twitpic.com/2kml8m

Quoted from Pulser.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

So much joy from a single page!

Even Ash said he's optimistic. :)

Ash 937

Ash 937

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Sep 03, 2010, 02:03:03 AM
So much joy from a single page!

Even Ash said he's optimistic. :)

Even at my most cynical, I always have a sense of hope that A:CM will turn out alright.  I know I don't always express it but its only because I have been let down by Gearbox and Sega before.  I want the game to be good for fans because so many of us have been loyal to the franchise for twenty years of let downs by sub-par sequels and crappy spin-offs.  It's about time we were given something that lives up to the standards we expect.  Maybe Gearbox can pull it off or maybe they can't.  The lack of news over the years for this game has been ridiculous but I think we will learn at PAX if that trend is finally ending.  I still stand by all of my previous comments though because I think we deserved to be more informed over the past few years.

Sinister

Sinister

When is the earliest that we can find out about A:CM? Initially I thought it was Friday, but seems GBX aren't scheduled to talk until Sunday?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I wouldn't expect anything until Monday or something.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

http://yfrog.com/5evmslzj

Well they've certainly got a Duke Nukem stage setup.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Its good to know that this game is still in works. I hope we will get it by 2011 or 2012.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Now its just the waiting game, and that is so boring.

WinterActual

WinterActual

DNF is even playable at PAX. What the hell.... This game which is basically myth,comes up and its playable,confirmed in development etc. but A:CM which is announced since idk atleast when the dinosaurs were alive and nothing. I swear if I/We dont hear/see anything about A:CM at PAX I will say f**k you GBX and SEGA and I will not give a damn about this game anymore! I really really hope GBX/SEGA show us something at PAX. God..there is playable DNF,it cant be A:CM NOT to be there,it have to be!

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/03/duke-nukem-forever-being-completed-by-gearbox-expected-next-yea/

It looks like Duke Nukem is the main game that Gearbox is working on. It's scheduled to be released in 2011 and there is no way that a studio as small as Gearbox could focus on two big titles at the same time.  But really guys... you should have seen this coming, Aliens CM was abandoned quite a while back and its either still on hold or cancelled at this point.  Hopefully Gearbox will at least let us know which of those it is.

Cellien

Cellien

Quote from: Moss on Sep 03, 2010, 05:38:09 PM
DNF is even playable at PAX. What the hell.... This game which is basically myth,comes up and its playable,confirmed in development etc. but A:CM which is announced since idk atleast when the dinosaurs were alive and nothing.

Duke Nukem Forever was announced almost 15 years ago...  ACM, what?  2-3 years ago?  Maybe it's the NEW game to get the "Forever" title.  Aliens CM:  Forever!

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: RidgeTop on Sep 03, 2010, 08:28:21 PM
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/03/duke-nukem-forever-being-completed-by-gearbox-expected-next-yea/

It looks like Duke Nukem is the main game that Gearbox is working on, It's scheduled to be released in 2011 and there is no way that a studio as small as Gearbox could focus on two big titles at the same time.  But really guys... you should have seen this coming, Aliens CM was abandoned quite a while back and its either still on hold or cancelled at this point.  Hopefully Gearbox will at least let us know which of those it is.

Not necessarily. DNF was started and almost finished by another company. GBX is just finishing it. Of course you could be right. I am happy it will get GBX some attention and hopefully some more attention on A:CM.

BANE

BANE

Gearbox will be showing Aliens: Colonial Marines from 3:00pm-4:00pm this upcoming Sunday, September 5th, 2010.

(Press CTRL+F and type in "Aliens").

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed