System Shock (remake)

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 28, 2017, 12:52:12 PM

Author
System Shock (remake) (Read 6,733 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I hear that said about the first one a lot, particularly the maze like level layouts, but not the sequel.

Komenja

Komenja

Glad it's finally coming out. Although since I ordered a physical copy years ago, I'll probably have to wait just a bit longer to get my key, haha.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I couldn't even get past the first few rooms in the first game because of how it played. 2 was a bastard at first but I acclimated eventually. The weapons degredation is still shit, though, and the RPG elements can really f**k you over if you don't put points exactly where it wants you to.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Watching a friend stream this and the sound is glitched to absolute f**k.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 30, 2023, 03:52:42 PMand the RPG elements can really f**k you over if you don't put points exactly where it wants you to.

Bingo. Imagine making an RPG lite where you're given total freedom to build a character, but if you do it any way except how the devs think you should have, the game becomes unpayable.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 30, 2023, 11:13:51 AM
Quote from: Sabres21768 on Mar 23, 2023, 12:19:49 AMThe original is still one of the best games I've ever played.

Are the other two games you've played pachinko machines? A good plot is no excuse for how awful an experience System Shock is to actually play.

That would be a "no" and a "please don't be a douche nozzle" just because you didn't like it.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I have never played System Shock.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

It would be noteworthy if you had played anything at this point. 

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Any recommendations?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Jun 02, 2023, 02:28:17 AM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 30, 2023, 11:13:51 AM
Quote from: Sabres21768 on Mar 23, 2023, 12:19:49 AMThe original is still one of the best games I've ever played.

Are the other two games you've played pachinko machines? A good plot is no excuse for how awful an experience System Shock is to actually play.

That would be a "no" and a "please don't be a douche nozzle" just because you didn't like it.

I really wanted to like it, because everyone always talks about how good the narrative is (and I have no reason to doubt that it is), but it's literally, physically unplayable.

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

Idk fam this remake looks fire.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Jun 03, 2023, 05:12:07 AMIdk fam this remake looks fire.

I'm sure I'll have a device that can play it by the time it's as old as the original.  :laugh:

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

MUTHUR was kind enough to get me a new Alienware gaming laptop with a 3060 vidya card but I've only been playing Isolation. 😂

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jun 03, 2023, 07:10:54 AM
Quote from: Necronomicon II on Jun 03, 2023, 05:12:07 AMIdk fam this remake looks fire.

I'm sure I'll have a device that can play it by the time it's as old as the original.  :laugh:

Thank you for the timetable update.  :'(

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 02, 2023, 12:34:21 PMAny recommendations?
Chip's Challenge.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed