20th Century Studios President, Steve Asbell, Talks Prey Time Setting

Started by Whos_Nick, Mar 04, 2022, 01:10:38 AM

Author
20th Century Studios President, Steve Asbell, Talks Prey Time Setting (Read 17,039 times)

Voodoo Magic

So he was told about it in November... yeah unfortunately that doesn't help. Guess we'll find out after release when lips are less tight. Anyone who's read the script could answer it I think. :)

Doomofman

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 10, 2022, 11:35:45 AM
So he was told about it in November... yeah unfortunately that doesn't help. Guess we'll find out after release when lips are less tight. Anyone who's read the script could answer it I think. :)

Ah I miss the days of script leaks

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, this one is doing rather well at keeping things close to the old chest.

Quote from: Doomofman on Mar 10, 2022, 12:28:42 PM

Ah I miss the days of script leaks

I'm actually finding it quite refreshing.

Voodoo Magic

Me too!

-----

Was thinking we also can have the flintlock without the Grayback.

Post Credit Scene
Naru sits on a serene pad near the stream meditating. Eyes closed, calm, at peace, she breathes in the gentle breeze until - that smell! Eyes open! She spins around to see a hungry wolf about to pounce, then BLAM! A gun shot rings, sending the wolf backwards into its death throes. Naru searches for the weapon holder and finds a European man stepping out from behind the trees.

Naru: Who are you?

Man: Adolini. Raphael Adolini.

[ cut to black ]

Wysps

I don't - because I feel like there's so little to talk about!! :laugh:

There's so many ways that the flintlock can be incorporated into the movie with/without Grayback or his fellow tribe.  I'd think it'd be either an easter egg or something thrown in at the end of the movie to potentially set up another future movie (similar to what Voodoo mentioned).  I know they've said it would be some Predator's first hunt, but would rather it not be Grayback in this film.  I wouldn't mind seeing a member of his tribe go up against Naru, but for someone as memorable as Grayback to be defeated the first time we see him would be kind of a letdown. 

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Wysps on Mar 10, 2022, 02:32:12 PM
I don't - because I feel like there's so little to talk about!! :laugh:

Ha. That's fair. Shame we've seen no set reports, or in-production promotion.  :-\

Quote from: Wysps on Mar 10, 2022, 02:32:12 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing a member of his tribe go up against Naru, but for someone as memorable as Grayback to be defeated the first time we see him would be kind of a letdown.

But on the flipside of that, I'd completely love it if he just showed up and absolutely destroyed. We're too used to the Predators not making it through their films.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 10, 2022, 04:26:06 PM
But on the flipside of that, I'd completely love it if he just showed up and absolutely destroyed.

Would love if Grayback came and did this to a bunch of European poachers, ones that don't respect their prey nor the hunt!

Kailem

Or we're going to see the origin of where he got his moves:

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 10, 2022, 01:11:50 PM
Me too!

-----

Was thinking we also can have the flintlock without the Grayback.

Post Credit Scene
Naru sits on a serene pad near the stream meditating. Eyes closed, calm, at peace, she breathes in the gentle breeze until - that smell! Eyes open! She spins around to see a hungry wolf about to pounce, then BLAM! A gun shot rings, sending the wolf backwards into its death throes. Naru searches for the weapon holder and finds a European man stepping out from behind the trees.

Naru: Who are you?

Man: Adolini. Raphael Adolini.

[ cut to black ]

Now here is the thing, they said that his pistol will take part of the film but is this really going to retcon the 1718 comic? I mean I never really took the idea that the film will remove the comic from canon, since this takes place a year later, and the pistol itself is engrained with the year it was made for Adolini. Maybe Greyback got it later on, like maybe 2 years later or something. It feels like it can go either way and not really step on the toes of the comic, but people will say that movies never follow the source material or override it which is fair to say but also doesn't mean its not possible that the comic can also be what it is just as well?

Kailem

It's certainly possible that if the flintlock and Greyback do show up that he simply already has it, and it's played as a cool little easter egg for fans without actually being any sort of major focus, just the same way the Alien skull was in Predator 2. That way it doesn't contradict the comic and anyone who wants to can still imagine that's how he got it.

Now that's not to say I even remotely think that anyone involved in the production has been thinking "we have to be very, very careful not to contradict this one comic from however many years ago!" Hell I'd be surprised if they even know it exists. But if they just don't show him actually taking it in the movie then even if that's the case it'll still end up not being contradicted by default.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Greyback right? What's the official spelling Voodoo Magic?

Wysps

I didn't even notice we're all spelling it differently  :laugh:

SiL

Presumably it's male so Greyback.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 11, 2022, 07:00:56 PM
*Greyback right? What's the official spelling Voodoo Magic?

Grayback. The Thomas Brothers referred to it as Grayback.

I used to correct people on it, but at some point, I decided it was not a hill worthy to die on.  :)

May 22, 2022, 09:28:49 AM

Quote from: Wysps on Mar 11, 2022, 09:20:42 PM
I didn't even notice we're all spelling it differently  :laugh:

It's those darn Brits causing all the trouble! I think they're still jealous we won the Revolutionary War!  :D

SiL

Both spellings are valid if it just refers to the colour.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed