Sylizar's Art Thread (Full of Wonder and Magic and Scary Stuff)

Started by Sylizar, Aug 03, 2010, 08:19:46 PM

Author
Sylizar's Art Thread (Full of Wonder and Magic and Scary Stuff) (Read 12,483 times)

Sylizar

Sylizar

Indeed!

Anyhow, just wondered what your thoughts on this are (something I wrote on anothe site and C/Ped here):

So I was thinking, all my "universes" were terrifying on their own, but how bad would they be combined?

Turns out, it would TERRIFYING.

To start, the Earth would be a Death World (a bit of a retcon from the Krhashatha/Sylizar mythos, but hey) filled to the brim with horrifying creatures that are constantly preying on the few humans that remain. Hell, almost EVERY planet without (or with) sapient species is a Death World, and the only people who can save anyone are preoccupied with Azshara, who is currently trying to free her Eldritch Abomination family. While that's bad, if she suceeds, their arrival would be the downfall of almost every sapient species, as they would enslave, torture and kill any who oppose them. To make matters worse, with their arrival to the physical world, they'll also be able to summon their father, who is a Physical God, who upon HIS arrival will unleash the hordes of "Hell" upon the universe.

Meanwhile, there are various other Eldritch Abominations lurking in the universe, doing as they please. To add to THAT, there are various demonic entities that live beyond the void that can appear at will, randomly, and do as THEY please. And to top it all off, you have the Krhashatha (Sylizar), the most powerful, and the largest, Eldritch Abomination in the ENTIRE universe that literally drains planet of life (including minerals and what have you) and then devours them. He's even capable of destroying the entire universe. So just when it seems that it can't get worse, it turns out there is still members of his species living beyond the known reaches of the universe, and he can make contact with them if he gets close enough. If that happens, then there will be a whole group of giant planet-eating horrors traversing the universe. And when they're down, they'll just move onto the next universe.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Great works Sylizar. :)
In the 'various Monsters' work I mostly went WTF haha, but I quite like the Squid-ish Monster in the low left. Would work for something Lovecraft.
Chaos is... weird? :D I don't fully understand why he has those surgical devices on his fingers. But the head is lovely.
I like the 'It's not okay' drawing as well, the only thing I'd modify slightly is the girl: her fingers look weird somehow, but what I'm directed at is the expression: she looks like she was denied of the Twilight Blu-ray, not really terrified, you know? I think you could work a bit on the mouth and on the eyes. Sylizard always strikes though.
And I'm totally loving the Omega Parasite. :)

Sylizar

Sylizar

Thanks again!

QuoteIn the 'various Monsters' work I mostly went WTF haha, but I quite like the Squid-ish Monster in the low left. Would work for something Lovecraft.

Yeah, the Various Monsters were drawn out of boredom in class. Fun stuff :) And yeah, Squiddy does seem almost Lovecraftian.

QuoteChaos is... weird?  I don't fully understand why he has those surgical devices on his fingers. But the head is lovely

Chaos is actually a..."doctor". The surgical tools are used for torture and surgery. I too love his head.

QuoteI like the 'It's not okay' drawing as well, the only thing I'd modify slightly is the girl: her fingers look weird somehow, but what I'm directed at is the expression: she looks like she was denied of the Twilight Blu-ray, not really terrified, you know? I think you could work a bit on the mouth and on the eyes. Sylizard always strikes though.

Yeah, I could probably do a redone version as I'm not totally happy with it either. The fingers are...ugh, couldn't get them to look right. And the expression. Originally the image was meant to be more "comforting", as in, the demon (the original creature) was doing the "I'm sorry I hurt you" thing abusers do. Then I changed it to a Sylizarian style creature and kept the expression because of the intent of the scene I was "re-making". In my mind, this scene (one from the third "movie") featured Sylizar capturing a test subject and storing her in a room. But do to it not harming her, she almost trusted it. In the final meeting, this scene happened, before it injected a parasite into her and "betrayed" her. But I suppose it should be re-worked because I don't think anyone, even a person who trusts it, could look into that face and not be scared. We'll see what happens.

QuoteAnd I'm totally loving the Omega Parasite.

Excellent.

Sylizar

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Look, I like those drawings a lot.
I just think that, in order for the scanner to work better, mark more lines and details in them; without that, a lot of the finer details aren't to be seen. Last Sylizar head for example.

Sylizar

Sylizar

Yep, that's the plan now. I'm officially out of ideas for the time being, so my next massive project is the massive undertaking of outlining everything.

Sylizar

Sylizar

I've done it, updated every drawing in my DeviantArt page.

http://www.deviantart.com/

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Fuaoak. That third one. Massively hardcore.

Shadow

Shadow

what is that creature!? so many teeth, so detailed. looks cool!

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

He be Sylizar, destroyer of worlds.

Shadow

Shadow

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Sep 07, 2011, 03:51:29 PM
He be Sylizar, destroyer of worlds.

cool. It looks like a very spiky tyranid creature crossed with kraken, a mantis and one of these deepwater fish with long teeth. very nice looking

Sylizar

Sylizar

Thanks guys. Shadow, those are a few inspirations. Actually, not the Tyranids, as much as I love them, but I can kind of see it.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Quote from: Sylizar on Sep 07, 2011, 02:41:31 PM

Love this one. WORLD EATEEERRRRRRRRRR

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed