Goo, Alien life cycle and confusion - maybe its simpler than we think **spoliers

Started by enigma27, Jun 03, 2012, 10:52:57 PM

Author
Goo, Alien life cycle and confusion - maybe its simpler than we think **spoliers (Read 2,926 times)

OpenMaw

Quote from: Deuterium on Jun 04, 2012, 04:07:20 AM
Black Goo = Convenient Plot Device that is magical, completely ambiguous, and causes different effects to further whatever convoluted goal the writer requires for the particular scene = Lindelof's favorite recipe

I call it Macguffin soup.

hfeldhaus

I had a look at mural when I watched it tonight, it's not a facehugger it's just a swirl that looks like one

timiteh

Black goo = Weaker version of Black oil from x-files.
Btw, i prefer the black oïl from x-files which was a way more interesting concept.
However the way the black oil insert itself(oil hugger ?) in some humans and generate an alien Inside them which happens to burst from the chest (chest burster) of host after having mostly consumate him/her from inside, make think of the xenomorph.
Especially as the Alien which burst from the host is a younger/Wilder/very agressive version of the adult Alien. Later it becomes a sentient, smart but malevolent being.
It makes me think of one of xenomorph lifecycle from O'Bannon.
From Alien to X-Files to Prometheus (almost).
"La quadrature du cercle".

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed