Huh... Whodathunk that Ridley Scott would help destroy the Alien?

Started by CarnalCalligraphy, Jun 02, 2012, 10:08:51 PM

Author
Huh... Whodathunk that Ridley Scott would help destroy the Alien? (Read 6,396 times)

JKS1

Quote from: Mr. Knight on Jun 02, 2012, 10:52:05 PM
It doesn't come as too much of a surprise given the quality of his recent output coupled with the fact it was scribed by Lindelof & Spathis. It's a desperately poor film, one that achieves nothing of note and just destroys the mystic of the original( in utterly horrible ways). It's someone ironic that Scott was only too keen to discredit the AVP films only to then produce a film that doesn't look out of place with that franchise. I simply cannot see how Fox would greenlight a sequel to this mess, the narrative has ventured into the realms of the absolute absurd.  Scott's has become the new Coppola and I can only hope that he shares his wisdom of leaving a series alone after producing such a terrible entry in the series. Sadly I suspect not and I approach the mooted Bladerunner prequel with a sense of dread.

Agree 110%

Alien³

Prometheus has breathed new acidic life into this franchise and saved it.

Valaquen

Quote from: Alien³ on Jun 03, 2012, 09:59:18 AM
Given the BO at the moment and the critical reaction, the series hasn't been this successful in decades.

Promethean Fire

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 03, 2012, 11:00:26 AM
Quote from: Alien³ on Jun 03, 2012, 09:59:18 AM
Given the BO at the moment and the critical reaction, the series hasn't been this successful in decades.

Agreed.  This is something we need to be appreciative of, to some extent at least.  The Alien films have always been reasonably modest budget films, essentially attracting a cult audience.  This is really the first time Alien has been out and out budgeted and sold as a bona fide major studio tentpole release.

eyesofthedemon

He hasn't destroyed anything in my eyes,what we see is the Alien before what we end up seeing in the Original,at least he tried something a bit different instead of treading old ground

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed