Huh... Whodathunk that Ridley Scott would help destroy the Alien?

Started by CarnalCalligraphy, Jun 02, 2012, 10:08:51 PM

Author
Huh... Whodathunk that Ridley Scott would help destroy the Alien? (Read 6,398 times)

CarnalCalligraphy

I guess it's fitting. He brought it into this world... you know the rest.

Cvalda

Look on the bright side: this film doesn't actually connect to ALIEN in any direct, meaningful way, so we can disregard it for the most part if need be. :)

Lie

Hah! Love the Fallout 3 quote. :laugh:

I still hold hope that the next film could be more of what we want now that this it out of the way, maybe the life cycle was all Ridley wanted to show us. ???

CarnalCalligraphy

CarnalCalligraphy

Is there definitely going to be another film, and is it certainly going to have more to do with the Alien? Cuz I don't think a sequel to this will help, tbh.

Promethean Fire

Quote from: CarnalCalligraphy on Jun 02, 2012, 10:16:46 PM
Is there definitely going to be another film, and is it certainly going to have more to do the Alien? Cuz I don't think a sequel to this will help, tbh.

Box Office dependant.  Lindelof said that a sequel would move even further away from Alien.  Lindelof just signed a new TV contract though, so hopefully he'll have nowt to do with it.

Ooze on First

Just because it's not what you wanted doesn't make it bad nor does it lead to the destruction of a franchise.
It would also seem that those with low double-digit IQs remain oblivious to the fact that IT'S NOT A FKNG ALIEN MOVIE.  ::)

A high % of those who have seen the movie have given it high marks...putting you complainers into a small. but vocal minority.

CarnalCalligraphy

CarnalCalligraphy

Nah. Lol

Vyse

Just give it time. Who knows, maybe if a trilogy is created a fantastic story could unfold. We will just wait and see. Clearly many questions have remained unanswered, I really cant see Scott being this dumb, surely he has more material to further the story.

Quote from: CarnalCalligraphy on Jun 02, 2012, 10:16:46 PM
Is there definitely going to be another film, and is it certainly going to have more to do the Alien? Cuz I don't think a sequel to this will help, tbh.

CarnalCalligraphy

Quote from: Ooze on First on Jun 02, 2012, 10:24:23 PM
Just because it's not what you wanted doesn't make it bad nor does it lead to the destruction of a franchise.
It would also seem that those with low double-digit IQs remain oblivious to the fact that IT'S NOT A FKNG ALIEN MOVIE.  ::)

A high % of those who have seen the movie have given it high marks...putting you complainers into a small. but vocal minority.

Why are you so angry, friend? Are you all right? Is everything okay?

Anyway, is it fair to say that something is bad in my opinion if it's not the way I want it?

Also, I wonder if you'd happen to know why it is that only the dumbest of people bring IQs into the discussion... Curious.

It seems clear to me, based on your post, that you're of the opinion that a minority should refrain from vocalizing its perspective.  Could you explain why you feel that way?

One more thing. Could you provide a source for your numbers?

Thanks so much! :)

Predaker

What if something more like this came out of the space jockey in the end instead?

Couldn't be any worse, right?

CarnalCalligraphy

At least if that were the case, we could justifiably call it comical and not take the film seriously.

Promethean Fire

Quote from: Predaker on Jun 02, 2012, 10:35:47 PM
What if something more like this came out of the space jockey in the end instead?
http://ferrebeekeeper.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/bairds-tapir.jpg
Couldn't be any worse, right?

Awwwwww!  He's so adorable!!!

CarnalCalligraphy

I keep hearing about a "vocal minority" - as though that makes the gripes less legitimate ::) - but I seem to remember the vast majority of AVPgalaxy posters being loyal and seemingly unconditional supporters of avp:poo.

Mr. Knight

Mr. Knight

It doesn't come as too much of a surprise given the quality of his recent output coupled with the fact it was scribed by Lindelof & Spathis. It's a desperately poor film, one that achieves nothing of note and just destroys the mystic of the original( in utterly horrible ways). It's someone ironic that Scott was only too keen to discredit the AVP films only to then produce a film that doesn't look out of place with that franchise. I simply cannot see how Fox would greenlight a sequel to this mess, the narrative has ventured into the realms of the absolute absurd.  Scott's has become the new Coppola and I can only hope that he shares his wisdom of leaving a series alone after producing such a terrible entry in the series. Sadly I suspect not and I approach the mooted Bladerunner prequel with a sense of dread.

RoaryUK

Quote from: Ooze on First on Jun 02, 2012, 10:24:23 PM

Clearly someone hasn't been listening/watching these threads.... the complaints have NEVER been just about wether or not its an Alien movie by most people here, it's the lack of logic, depth and explaination behind Prometheus as a stand-alone that is putting so many people off!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed