SPOILERS: Medpod

Started by SteaminStephen, Jun 02, 2012, 02:20:38 PM

Author
SPOILERS: Medpod (Read 2,399 times)

SteaminStephen

SteaminStephen

Anyone else think the whole hyped up medpod scene was a bit of an anti climax. they kind of gave away what was going to happen in the trailers & even the aftermath of it was sort of just left hanging there. Total let down

RICH-ENGLAND

RICH-ENGLAND

Quote from: SteaminStephen on Jun 02, 2012, 02:20:38 PM
Anyone else think the whole hyped up medpod scene was a bit of an anti climax. they kind of gave away what was going to happen in the trailers & even the aftermath of it was sort of just left hanging there. Total let down

yup, it was crap, i expected something along the lines of the kane scene in alien, but it was rubbish, and the creature was absolutely ridiculous, non threatening and looked like it was made of rubber. the stapler was pretty cool though.

thanks

rich

Glaive

Glaive

Remember how there was a 'BEAT' just after the chestburster broke through John Hurt's ribcage; everything goes silent apart from the background heartbeat as it slowly seems to scan the room...then rushes off in air-hose insanity.

That worked.
Break it down into its constituent parts and its cheap crap...but, in context you don't care.

This, on the otherhand...

Mr. Knight

Mr. Knight

I hate how they signposted it at the start with Shaw supposedly being impressed by it.  The whole pregnancy thing was ridiculous as well. Shaw's inability to have a baby is brought up (with no real purpose) and 5 minutes later she is pregnant with an alien. It's almost as if the script was written by a 10 year old it's that bad.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

I talked to some people who saw the film when I did, but who knew far less about it than me.  They admitted to being absolutley terrified with the MedPod scene, one hadn't even seen ALIEN, the tension was amazing... and then the Squid thing came out of Shaw and....  well, let's just say I didn't bother telling I actually enjoyed the movie.  ::)

Proof that it isn't all going down well with the neutrals....me thinks! 

RICH-ENGLAND

RICH-ENGLAND

Quote from: RoaryUK on Jun 02, 2012, 02:37:48 PM
I talked to some people who saw the film when I did, but who knew far less about it than me.  They admitted to being absolutley terrified with the MedPod scene, one hadn't even seen ALIEN, the tension was amazing... and then the Squid thing came out of Shaw and....  well, let's just say I didn't bother telling I actually enjoyed the movie.  ::)

Proof that it isn't all going down well with the neutrals....me thinks!

there was a woman sat a row in front of me and to my right when i was watching she was totally terrifeid all the way through and i could see her out of the corner of my eye cringing and moving about in fear during that scene lol, i was wondering if she was watching the same movie, i was cringing cos it was crap, not cos it was scary lol

thanks

rich

SteaminStephen

SteaminStephen

yeah i think the whole 'i cant get pregnant' just before they have sex was so so forced that i cringed when she was all of a sudden pregnant. also when the thing came out it attached itself to shaw with a sort of umbilical cord, then the next thing shes out the pod and no cord attached. the film was full of bad editing like that

RICH-ENGLAND

RICH-ENGLAND

Quote from: SteaminStephen on Jun 02, 2012, 02:51:25 PM
yeah i think the whole 'i cant get pregnant' just before they have sex was so so forced that i cringed when she was all of a sudden pregnant. also when the thing came out it attached itself to shaw with a sort of umbilical cord, then the next thing shes out the pod and no cord attached. the film was full of bad editing like that

she actually pulled the umbilical cord out of her stomach.

thanks

rich

SteaminStephen

SteaminStephen

Quote from: RICH-ENGLAND on Jun 02, 2012, 02:57:40 PM
Quote from: SteaminStephen on Jun 02, 2012, 02:51:25 PM

she actually pulled the umbilical cord out of her stomach.

thanks

rich

ah i mustv missed that part. Also didnt really find the scene all that gory. At least in no way like the original Alien version

Glaive

Glaive

...I doubt we'll EVER get a film like the original A L I E N again.

bugger.

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

Too much hype around the Med-Pod scene. Doesn't match at any moment with the birth of Kane's son.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: Glaive on Jun 02, 2012, 03:06:16 PM

bugger.

It does seem so doesn't it, plus we're getting indications supposedly through FOX that Riddles is "very happy" with this cut, and this is what we'll get on DVD.  As much as I enjoyed the movie on an aesthetic level, now I've had time to thnk about it I'm not even sure I want to see Prometheus again, not even to find what I might have missed and especially not as an ALIEN fan....am I stupid or what!   :-\   

Necronomicon12UK

Necronomicon12UK

Quote from: Mr. Knight on Jun 02, 2012, 02:37:17 PM
I hate how they signposted it at the start with Shaw supposedly being impressed by it.  The whole pregnancy thing was ridiculous as well. Shaw's inability to have a baby is brought up (with no real purpose) and 5 minutes later she is pregnant with an alien. It's almost as if the script was written by a 10 year old it's that bad.

THIS. I cringed so hard at the clunky signposting and amateur-ness of it. Such a lousy script  :-X

RICH-ENGLAND

RICH-ENGLAND

Quote from: RoaryUK on Jun 02, 2012, 03:18:47 PM
Quote from: Glaive on Jun 02, 2012, 03:06:16 PM

bugger.

It does seem so doesn't it, plus we're getting indications supposedly through FOX that Riddles is "very happy" with this cut, and this is what we'll get on DVD.  As much as I enjoyed the movie on an aesthetic level, now I've had time to thnk about it I'm not even sure I want to see Prometheus again, not even to find what I might have missed and especially not as an ALIEN fan....am I stupid or what!   :-\

nope, i think youre right, its certainly not a memorable movie, i might watch it again when a copy goes online but i certainly wont be paying to go to cinema again.

thanks

rich

8thPassenger

8thPassenger

Quote from: Necronomicon12UK on Jun 02, 2012, 03:19:28 PM
Quote from: Mr. Knight on Jun 02, 2012, 02:37:17 PM

THIS. I cringed so hard at the clunky signposting and amateur-ness of it. Such a lousy script  :-X

Agree 100%. Her inability to have children of her own was just unnecessary, forced, cheap, etc... it made no difference in the film, and I suppose the writers were just trying hard to add "emotional depth" or something to her character, but it was just... unnecessary. And I really disliked that the medpod talked - just like a standard sci-fi movie device.

And another thing: wasn't the medpod pretty much Vickers' own personal health insurance? Yet when Shaw tries to use it at first, it says that the thing is calibrated for men. Or do I remember it all wrong?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed