Started by (Bad Blood), Sep 29, 2023, 05:09:29 AM

AVP Requiem VS The Predator

Alien Vs Predator Requiem
30 (69.8%)
The Predator 2018
13 (30.2%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Author
AVP Requiem VS The Predator (Read 9,059 times)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I agree. I was afraid of how it would look on screen after reading it in the script, but it was cool.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Feb 19, 2024, 06:32:20 PMSomething I saw mentioned around here recently (f**ked if I can remember where right now) that I do think really works in Fugitives favour is using human weapons in the escape scene, especially because he's still effective with them while using slightly lazy, disdainful movements and treating them as disposable.
I mentioned it in the Prey subforum when discussing Predators stealing technology.

[cancerblack]

That's right, thanks.

Nightmare Asylum

Fugitive's escape is the one moment in the film I remember with any sort of fondness. Even though it doesn't actually make a lick of sense whatsoever once you learn his motives...

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

While I like the lab escape scene, I always had a big issue with it. It's the scene where the pred looks the most like a guy in a suit.

When he's without armor, his skin color/pattern actually denotes so much with the white environment that it makes the guy in the suit aspect stand out too much.

This creature wasn't initially designed to ever evolve in this type of environment, and it shows.

Raines

Raines

AVPR sucks, but it at least had the decency to always be a non-canonical "what-if" type deal.  Even before it released I didn't take it seriously.

The Predator wanted to be an actual sequel that matters.  It's the worst for that very reason.  One of the worst movies I've ever seen, especially because it had the gall to pretend to be the next big thing for the Predator franchise. 

SM

SM

Quote from: Raines on Mar 29, 2024, 06:18:02 AMAVPR sucks, but it at least had the decency to always be a non-canonical "what-if" type deal.  Even before it released I didn't take it seriously.

No it didn't.  It wanted to be a direct prequel to Alien by including Ms Yutani at the end.

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Requime, you get to see Xenos infest a town. The National Guard Scene alone was great. I also enjoyed the power plant scenes.

For some reason when I watched it a couple of days ago the brightness was way up and I could even see The Predomorph clearly for the first time on the Predator ship.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: E. Shaw on Mar 30, 2024, 02:07:12 AMthe power plant scenes

I like how much worse Wolf makes the entire situation there.

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Mar 30, 2024, 07:58:53 PM
Quote from: E. Shaw on Mar 30, 2024, 02:07:12 AMthe power plant scenes

I like how much worse Wolf makes the entire situation there.

Yeah Wolf also being a cleaner and disposing of evidence made it even harder for the people to realize: see crab like hand with tail you have bloody bursted chest.

SM

SM

Wolf makes everything worse.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

But he is cool to look at, the bloody bastard.  :laugh:

Spoiler
I know, when we can see him.
[close]

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: E. Shaw on Mar 30, 2024, 02:07:12 AMFor some reason when I watched it a couple of days ago the brightness was way up and I could even see The Predomorph clearly for the first time on the Predator ship.

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 09, 2024, 02:39:28 PMBut he is cool to look at, the bloody bastard.  :laugh:

Between the two, Wolf and Fugitige, I definetly prefer the former

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 09, 2024, 03:46:32 PMBetween the two, Wolf and Fugitige, I definetly prefer the former

Yep same for me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed