Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 25, 2016, 05:06:30 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 131,985 times)

Pvt. Himmel

Typical Smartass!! :laugh: Its the perfect time to promote the film. 8)

The Alien Predator

Quote from: windebieste on Dec 26, 2016, 03:58:10 AM
The thing that completely mystifies me about this trailer is the release date.  Christmas Day.

Christmas Day?  Really..? 

How much more disconnected with everything that Christmas means to people can you get? 

Fox Marketing Exec #1:  "when should we release a major movie trailer featuring hideous monsters shredding up the crew of a space ship when people need it the least?"

Fox Marketing Exec #2:   "How about Christmas?"

Fox Marketing Exec #1:  "Excellent idea!  No one needs any more of that 'Joy to the World' and 'Goodwill to All' stuff on Christmas Day as much as they need a gory scary ALIEN trailer.  Let's do it!"

Seriously, though, why release an 'ALIEN' trailer of all things on Christmas Day?  I just don't get it...

-Windebieste.

Because Santa Engineer wills it.  :P

BishopShouldGo

It's a perfect time. Look at the view count and the overall positive reception. It worked man.

Kimo

Definitely a good time to release it on Christmas day. think about it, families get together everyone's having fun around the dinner table people showing off the new gadgets and talking about the latest showbiz news ect ect. I've shown at least 2 people who would not of known about Covenant because of celebrating xmas dinner today. If it was just regular day the won't of seen it this soon.

426Buddy

What do you guys think of the ship (covenant) design?

While I loved the trailer the ships look and design was a bit meh

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

Quote from: 426Buddy on Dec 26, 2016, 04:28:41 AM

Not really a clear enough look, but the colony ship looks cool to me

The Alien Predator

I liked it, it's something quite different from what we've usually got. It's simple and straightforward and you can tell it really has just one purpose. It's not there to collect ores or to transport troops and carry huge ship weaponry, it's just there to take people to new worlds and make them home. It doesn't need much complexity to its design. The long length allows it to carry not only the terraforming equipment but the huge amounts of colonists it'll need to take to the new world.

predatorcankill

predatorcankill

If the comment here proved anything, its that one should NEVER listen to fan opinion. Fans hated "Prometheus" because it didn't tie itself closely enough to Alien? Now fans are hating this trailer because it is too "Alien" and not enough "Prometheus"? What the hell? Illogical and irrarional. But of course, these so-called fans will never admit their opinion is WRONG.

I am rooting for this film to be a triumph. Just to piss those here who brush it aside.

Kimo

Looks very long and flat. I think the long corridors might show us some nightmarish horror when in the dark. Like can you imagine, your at one end of the corridor and at the other end you can see a strange penis head looking humanoid, shaped silhouette in the very far background just standing there looking back at you.? Or even worse your in the middle of one of the long arse corridors and a xeno and a Neomorph are coming slowly towards you from either end of the corridors why your in the middle.

Murph Morph

I love the ship design, simple and realistic and the carrier has vibes from the dropship in Aliens.

ben rambo

ben rambo

awesome

Mihail

Quote from: windebieste on Dec 26, 2016, 03:58:10 AM
The thing that completely mystifies me about this trailer is the release date.  Christmas Day.

Christmas Day?  Really..? 

How much more disconnected with everything that Christmas means to people can you get? 

Fox Marketing Exec #1:  "when should we release a major movie trailer featuring hideous monsters shredding up the crew of a space ship when people need it the least?"

Fox Marketing Exec #2:   "How about Christmas?"

Fox Marketing Exec #1:  "Excellent idea!  No one needs any more of that 'Joy to the World' and 'Goodwill to All' stuff on Christmas Day as much as they need a gory scary ALIEN trailer.  Let's do it!"

Seriously, though, why release an 'ALIEN' trailer of all things on Christmas Day?  I just don't get it...

-Windebieste.

First it is because Christmas is the best time to promote something so people can see it and second because Christmas is the celebration of evil, it is a pagan holiday older than the birth of Jesus Christ.

motherfather

motherfather

Quote from: Scorpio on Dec 25, 2016, 11:37:00 PM
This trailer doesn't look cheap to me, it looks like gritty European scifi.  I know some of you expect more Hollywood polish, but I'm really happy with this direction.  The best movies in the franchise are very low tech (Alien 3 is almost medieval).

I also don't think it looks cheap. However, I do think rather cheap tricks are being used e.g. shower scene. In fact, I would say it needs to be more gritty. It still feels cold, crisp and clinical in places. (Maybe the blue tinted filter is to blame) where it maybe shouldn't. Although Id draw a line at Alien 3 levels of grittiness which were just too dire and insufferable to keep me glued to the screen.

Rarely and barely a hair is out of place on the Covenant actors. Clothing seems neatly ironed and unstained. Makeup and complexion blemish-free. For David or lab scenes this works just like the Ash/lab scenes. But not for others.

Im being really picky now, but it somehow matters. And its not like Ridley isn't CAPABLE of delivering greatness, so minute attention to detail does kinda matter once a tight and gripping script has been successfully pulled off.

SiL

It doesn't look like they didn't spend a lot on it. But it does feel like the kind of movie people don't spend money on. Hence, 'feels' cheap.

Thomas H.

I will never understand the fanboy's capacity to 'know' a whole movie based on a trailer. Actually judging acting based on one line.

On a different forum, so idiot was actually complaining that this movie won't answer any of the questions from Prometheus. How can you f***ing know?? This was two minutes of footage from a movie that's gonna be about 2 hours long...... Were you guys honestly expecting all the answers in those two minutes?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed