37 (66.1%)
Alien bursting out for the ox?
19 (33.9%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Author
Ox vs Dog (Read 17,159 times)

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

The dreads wouldn't make sense though. Did aliens from people have hair, of dogs/oxen have fur?

Has the head, beyond the mouth, ever been affected by the creature that bore it? No. Its no more a predator/alien hybrid than ones from people are human/alien hyrbids and there is nothing to substantiate  the predalien having dreds, it would kill the feel of the alien.  Anyway, thats just how I feel about it, and I dont wanna turn this into a thread discussing the predalien since I know theres at LEAST 1 thread with this smae topic elsewhere.

so, to get back on track...uh... ox rules!

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

Can somenoe send me a link to watchthe dog birth, iv only scene the ox :(

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

How did you get to see the ox version in a way that did not provide the dog version?  It's only available on the DVD which has both.

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

last tim ei watched alien3 was about 4 -5 years ago i cant reli remember

Huol

Huol

A dog was much more emotional, one of the reasons i don't like it. Since i have a pet dog.  :'(
The ox was just... creepy, an emotional funeral for Ripley, a new begining for the Alien. The Aliens birth has no emotion. It's a very well edited scene no matter which host is used.

automirage04

automirage04

Quote from: Eidotemit on Aug 11, 2007, 02:28:02 PM
The dreads wouldn't make sense though. Did aliens from people have hair, of dogs/oxen have fur?

Firstly, no one really knows waht the dreads are, who says they are fur or hair in the sense that we know it? Look kinda thick to be either.

Secondly, no one has ever come out and actually told us where the line is drawn as far as what traits the aliens take on and until someone does, we can only specualte as to what traits they would take from the Predator physiology based on what we've seen from what they've taken from human physiology. It would not be unreasonable to assume that the Preds have very different biochemistrys from humans (green blood). Who knows how that biochemistry would affect the incubating process for an ebryo?

Thirdly, take a look at every Predalien that has been introduced to us thus far, via comic books or video games. They all have dreads. Some of the designs are good, some are bad, but all have dreads. I will conceed I've always taken video games/ comic books about as seriously as Itake fanfiction, but since AVP began as a comic book, and the comic book is where the Predalien was first concieved, it is likely that the creators of this new film will rely heavily on comic books to inspire the physical characteristics of this Predalien, and will borrow the characteristics that have already been designed.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: automirage04 on Aug 13, 2007, 10:00:23 PM
Firstly, no one really knows waht the dreads are, who says they are fur or hair in the sense that we know it? Look kinda thick to be either.
Aliens don't take eyes, ears, noses, genitals or skin. Even if the dreads are a sensory organ, the Alien would have no reason to take them. It clearly operates just fine with what comes natural.

automirage04

automirage04

Quote from: SiL on Aug 13, 2007, 10:04:48 PM
Quote from: automirage04 on Aug 13, 2007, 10:00:23 PM
Aliens don't take eyes, ears, noses, genitals or skin. Even if the dreads are a sensory organ, the Alien would have no reason to take them. It clearly operates just fine with what comes natural.

Who said anything about the dreads being a sensory organ? I know I didn't. I think we can both agree that that would be stupid. I meant "what they are" from a chemical standpoint.

And my point WAS we dont really know what the dreads are made of . . . so we cant very well say with any certainty that the aliens wouldnt take them.

And who's to say that they way they are with humans is they way they are with every other species? Incubating inside a Pred could yeild very different results from incubating inside a human.

Remember those back-spines (four tube looking things) that the aliens who came out of the humans had? Well the one that came out of a dog/ox didnt have those. Neither humans nor dogs/oxen have them, and yet one kind of aliens has them and the other kind does not? Why is that? We don't know. And Why don't we know? Because we have never been presented with an explaination of why aliens take on certain traits. 

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: SM on May 07, 2007, 01:34:57 AM
Aliens are Alien sized.  They don't appear to take their height characteristic from their host.

I disagree with this.

We have no evidence for or against.

We saw one Rottweiler get used as a host. All the other known hosts were human.

The A3 creature was similar in size to other Aliens, but  a Rott is a BIG dog.

I have argued this in several other threads, but the point does not change.

On its hind legs, a male Rott, is around 5'6" to 5'9".

The lean mass (bone, organ, and muscle, NOT including fat) of a male Rott is almost the same as a human male, and just as much if not MORE than a human female.

Male Rotts can reach 130 pounds, which while less than a human male in total weight, as less of it is fat, is about the same LBM as a human male, of average height, who does not engage in regular resistance exercise.

Sure the dog in A3 looked shorter than a human, but that is because it was on all fours.

Rotts have comparatively stocky limbs and a long body.

See it stand up! My friend's Rott can put its paws on my shoulders and look me in the eye, and I am 5'8".

An Alien hosted by a male Rott is NOT good evidence of an Alien using a smaller host, because the host is not much, if any difference.

SM

SM

QuoteWe have no evidence for or against.

QuoteWe saw one Rottweiler get used as a host. All the other known hosts were human.

There's your evidence for.

Chuck Babe in too if you like.

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: SM on Aug 14, 2007, 12:13:14 AM

Chuck Babe in too if you like.

Babe is not canon, because:

"contradicts what was in the theatrical version" (I believe that was what you, SM, consider the factor for non-canon, no?)

As far as evidence "for or against", we have yet to see an Adult alien hosted by an organism of significantly larger or smaller size than a human.

Rottweilers are too close to human size to know for sure.

SM

SM

They get around in a completely different manner, not to mention weigh less then the average human.

Yet the Alien looks more or less the same szie as any other Alien.

If we go be your rationale Aliens from kids would be really small.

Quote"contradicts what was in the theatrical version" (I believe that was what you, SM, consider the factor for non-canon, no?)

Do try reading - I said "if you like".  Just putting it out there for people who do consider it canon.  A simple - "no thanks" would've sufficed.

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: SM on Aug 14, 2007, 12:59:28 AM
They get around in a completely different manner, not to mention weigh less then the average human.

Yet the Alien looks more or less the same szie as any other Alien.

Do try reading - I said "if you like".  Just putting it out there for people who do consider it canon.  A simple - "no thanks" would've sufficed.

Fair enough on the "no thanks", that is where I stand on the Ox.

You do have a good point about the way the A3 creature also walked on its hind legs however.

Human hosted Aliens have been shown running on all fours as well.

Human children still have the genetics to grow to a normal adult height, the alien could borrow the DNA, or adapt to the DNA of the "adult size" of the young host.

I just am leaving the possibility open that Aliens from larger hosts may be huge.

There may be a minimum size to the Aliens, and the human variety may simply be that size for all we know.

The PredAlien in AVP2 will answer some of these Questions.

If it is a head taller than the Predator, and all other Aliens, then we know for sure that they do take size on, if it is normal sized, well then we know that too.

Either way.

Exiled

Exiled

I like the dog cause it was more gorey :P but either way P.e.t.a will be pissed off and throw a bucked of blood on ya ::)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed