X-Box One Discussion

Started by ShadowPred, Aug 06, 2012, 10:21:00 PM

Author
X-Box One Discussion (Read 150,539 times)

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Predator Queen on Jun 22, 2013, 10:22:52 PM
Quote from: WinterActual on Jun 22, 2013, 08:48:33 PM
Quote from: Predator Queen on Jun 22, 2013, 08:03:59 PM

Trust me
Why should I?  ::) Whats your experience in breaking into somebody's pc to know what can be blocked and what not? I guess its not much since you say that you can get a virus from "pretty much everywhere", while I haven't got any virus in maybe 10 years.
I was being funny...  also did I say i had experience in breaking into somebody pc?
No you don't, I was just trying to say that I prefer to get hints 'n' tips about PC security by someone who really is into that shit  :laugh:

Quote from: Gate on Jun 23, 2013, 01:42:42 AM
Has this already been posted?

In fact the 360 was hacked WAY BEFORE the PS3. It took quite a long time to break the PS3 actually. The 360 is so easy to flash that everybody with the right motherboard could do it back then, because it required just a simple reflash of the DVD drive. Its not like now to extract NAND keys and such which is pain in the ass, with very high possibility of bricking. Back then it was just plug n play, now it requires soldering, a programmer, a glitcher (those two are not living people lol) and other tools which are not really easy to get and you have to order them from japan etc... So this guy who made the pic don't know shit.

Gate

Gate

Quote from: WinterActual on Jun 23, 2013, 03:05:50 PM

In fact the 360 was hacked WAY BEFORE the PS3. It took quite a long time to break the PS3 actually. The 360 is so easy to flash that everybody with the right motherboard could do it back then, because it required just a simple reflash of the DVD drive. Its not like now to extract NAND keys and such which is pain in the ass, with very high possibility of bricking. Back then it was just plug n play, now it requires soldering, a programmer, a glitcher (those two are not living people lol) and other tools which are not really easy to get and you have to order them from japan etc... So this guy who made the pic don't know shit.
Why you would take the picture seriously in the first place is beyond me. umad.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Been off the grid with this, what exactly is the latest here?? surely Microsoft aren't stoopid enough to go through with their plans??.

Surely they must realise by now from all the negativity and the fact EVERYBODY is saying they will buy PS4, that they are gonna wipe themselves out if they do this?.

WinterActual

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I think it's good to have both a PC and console. Some games are never on the PC like Uncharted, Zelda, Metal Gear Solid, Halo and several others. With PC, I would play games like Half Life on it while I don't won't want to play games like Tekken or Mortal Kombat on the PC since I can't stand playing a fighting game on a key board.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jun 23, 2013, 08:00:51 PM
I think it's good to have both a PC and console. Some games are never on the PC like Uncharted, Zelda, Metal Gear Solid, Halo and several others. With PC, I would play games like Half Life on it while I don't won't want to play games like Tekken or Mortal Kombat on the PC since I can't stand playing a fighting game on a key board.

You can connect a gamepad to a PC (in fact you can connect a regular 360 pad if you want, USB slots all look the same in the dark), but I get your point.
I certainly prefer playing racing and fighting games on a TV while stomach-up on a couch, and while it's possible to do that with a PC, setting up the configuration can be a pain in the arse. And who wants two PCs? - you still need a desk setup to play FPSs, strategy games and MMOs the way nature intended.

Without my 360 I'd never have gotten into Rock Band, which was hugely important for me socially and developmentally. Definitely worthwhile to have access to multiple platforms, if you can afford it.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Hubbs on Jun 23, 2013, 04:12:49 PM
Been off the grid with this, what exactly is the latest here?? surely Microsoft aren't stoopid enough to go through with their plans??.

Surely they must realise by now from all the negativity and the fact EVERYBODY is saying they will buy PS4, that they are gonna wipe themselves out if they do this?.

They reversed their policies, but people aren't forgiving them yet. I don't trust them either. They could very easily bring back some of those policies with updates in the future. If the DRM policies stay the same though, I'll get it eventually when there is a price drop. Hopefully, a version of the system that doesn't come with Kinect. For now, I'll just stick with PS4. I'll just keep an eye on the Xbone during its first year of life. See what happens with it.

Terx2

Terx2

Quote from: xeno-kaname on Jun 24, 2013, 12:10:14 AM
Quote from: Hubbs on Jun 23, 2013, 04:12:49 PM

They reversed their policies, but people aren't forgiving them yet. I don't trust them either. They could very easily bring back some of those policies with updates in the future. If the DRM policies stay the same though, I'll get it eventually when there is a price drop. Hopefully, a version of the system that doesn't come with Kinect. For now, I'll just stick with PS4. I'll just keep an eye on the Xbone during its first year of life. See what happens with it.

On the bright side it shows not everyone following them are blinded by loyalty. I may get one in the next two years if they drop, if there price bellow $450 I'll get one sooner. Till then its PS4 and PC for me. Not many of the Xbones games appeal to me but if they keep the DRM policies scrapped there maybe hope for them ;D

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Vertigo on Jun 23, 2013, 10:08:39 PM

You can connect a gamepad to a PC (in fact you can connect a regular 360 pad if you want, USB slots all look the same in the dark), but I get your point.
Yeah man, I am playing 90% of the games on PC with my old trusty 360 pad  :laugh:

Raku

Raku

Some interesting points on why PC can get away with it, and consoles can not.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/7586-Why-PC-Gaming-Gets-Away-With-It

I fully agree with him on this.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: WinterActual on Jun 24, 2013, 05:00:29 AM
Quote from: Vertigo on Jun 23, 2013, 10:08:39 PM

Yeah man, I am playing 90% of the games on PC with my old trusty 360 pad  :laugh:
I woulda taken you for a mouse and keyboard kinda guy.

Terx2

Terx2

Quote from: Raku on Jun 24, 2013, 11:51:05 PM
Some interesting points on why PC can get away with it, and consoles can not.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/7586-Why-PC-Gaming-Gets-Away-With-It

I fully agree with him on this.

Total agree with when he accentually said pc games are cheaper because you need specific specs to play the game while consoles you just put in the game (Maybe install or update it) and play.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Cal427eb on Jun 25, 2013, 03:38:46 AM
I woulda taken you for a mouse and keyboard kinda guy.
Nah I hate to play with mouse and kbd. The only games I play with kbd mouse combo are the fps games, the hardcore rpgs, the RTS games and some simulators like X3. Everything else I play with my 360 pad. I can't imagine to play a racing game with kbd - lol..  :laugh:

WinterActual

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Much too f**king late.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed