50 Cent in The Predator?

Started by biggymac, Apr 05, 2016, 11:49:37 PM

Author
50 Cent in The Predator? (Read 48,539 times)

XENOMORPHOSIS

XENOMORPHOSIS

At this point it seems they're pocking a choosing what they consider continuity, their emphasis will no doubt be to the original, they're never likely to acknowledge any of the sequels. But hey fans are free to pick and choose.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Apr 07, 2016, 07:50:21 PMAt this point it seems they're pocking a choosing what they consider continuity, their emphasis will no doubt be to the original, they're never likely to acknowledge any of the sequels.

Based on what? We know literally nothing about the film yet.

XENOMORPHOSIS

XENOMORPHOSIS

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 07, 2016, 07:57:26 PM
Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Apr 07, 2016, 07:50:21 PMAt this point it seems they're pocking a choosing what they consider continuity, their emphasis will no doubt be to the original, they're never likely to acknowledge any of the sequels.

They described this film as an inventive sequel so the original Predator is still canon, and they're looking to make this an event film with a bigger budget and thats about all we know so far of this film, we can gather like Jurassic World it will mainly reference, pay tribute and acknowledge the Original film.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Apr 07, 2016, 08:22:30 PMThey described this film as an inventive sequel so the original Predator is still canon, and they're looking to make this an event film with a bigger budget and thats about all we know so far of this film...

None of which says they'll be ignoring the other movies.

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Apr 07, 2016, 08:22:30 PM...we can gather like Jurassic World it will mainly reference, pay tribute and acknowledge the Original film.

Whereas this is just a complete assumption at this point. Not to mention Jurassic World referenced all three preceding movies.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 07, 2016, 05:52:20 PM
No way. I can't see him in a Predator movie at all.

Really? Cause I think of his performance in Jar Head when I picture him in a Predator movie.

XENOMORPHOSIS

XENOMORPHOSIS

According to the films makers they wanted to treat Jurassic world as a direct sequel, the other two movies while cannon weren't given much call back seeing as people were mixed about them. The part where the T-Rex broke through the skeleton of the spinosaurus were done as a way of saying f**k Jurassic Park 3 for having spinosaurus kill the T-rex.

The initial extent of the studio was for The Predator to be a straight up reboot and Shane Black had convinced them to go for an inventive sequel, the reasoning the original will get a certainly have an acknowledgement is because it stands as the most popular with fans. Will wait and see if the movie after will though, other than featuring a Predator the film are episodic and don't necessarily connect to the next instalment in terms of returning characters or story arcs.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Apr 07, 2016, 09:54:11 PM
The initial extent of the studio was for The Predator to be a straight up reboot and Shane Black had convinced them to go for an inventive sequel.

I would've preferred a straight up reboot than an inventive sequel. This way I would be able to go into the film without keeping any of the previous lore in mind, and having it to compared to the five previous films (I'm counting the AVPs). I'd have been more comfortable with that.

But hey that's just my opinion.

LordCassusSnow

LordCassusSnow

Who at universal stated that jurassic park 3 isn't canon? Oh thats right, no one said that. And wow Rakai Thwei, really? You actually wanted a reboot of predator? The reason your even here? You know how shitty reboots are nowadays? I mean obviousley not since your opinion is to drive another nail into the coffin.

umstuntdude

umstuntdude

Gonna be awesome 50 took more bullets than the predator did on predator 2 :) and predator 1. haha  8)  8)  8)  8)

overthere

overthere

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Apr 07, 2016, 11:15:50 PM
Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Apr 07, 2016, 09:54:11 PM
The initial extent of the studio was for The Predator to be a straight up reboot and Shane Black had convinced them to go for an inventive sequel.

I would've preferred a straight up reboot than an inventive sequel. This way I would be able to go into the film without keeping any of the previous lore in mind, and having it to compared to the five previous films (I'm counting the AVPs). I'd have been more comfortable with that.

But hey that's just my opinion.

So you'd rather have a reboot of the original so you DON'T compare it to the first five? How do you watch a reboot and not compare it to the original? I'd rather get a sequel and if it fails I can say "well, at least there's still the original" than have a bad reboot. You can judge a sequel on it's own merits, but a reboot would just have to repeat everything the original did, and the first movie still looks great today.

Predators were a semi-reboot anyway with the way they recycled a lot of scenes. I'd rather see something new and even if it fails at least they tried something different.

You're probably the only one to prefer a reboot to an actual sequel.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: overthere on Apr 08, 2016, 06:27:21 AM
So you'd rather have a reboot of the original so you DON'T compare it to the first five? How do you watch a reboot and not compare it to the original?

The same way I went to see Batman Begins by tossing the Burton 1989 Batman moving out of my mind from watching, that's how. Hell, you could even say the same for Batman 89 by tossing Batman 66 out of your mind when you watch it. Point is, I could judge something on it's own merits.. as an entirely stand alone interpretation.

You can judge a sequel on it's own merits, but a reboot would just have to repeat everything the original did, and the first movie still looks great today.

Not every reboot does everything which the originals do. I could name a few reboots which are vastly different from the original films... Batman Begins, Dredd, Godzilla 2014, Amazing Spider-Man, King Kong 1976. Just a few. Sure, the core elements are the same but the scenes and some ideas are different.

You're probably the only one to prefer a reboot to an actual sequel.

So you want me to go with the mentality everyone has?

XENOMORPHOSIS

XENOMORPHOSIS

Quote from: LordCassusSnow on Apr 08, 2016, 12:55:19 AM
Who at universal stated that jurassic park 3 isn't canon? Oh thats right, no one said that. And wow Rakai Thwei, really? You actually wanted a reboot of predator? The reason your even here? You know how shitty reboots are nowadays? I mean obviousley not since your opinion is to drive another nail into the coffin.

I never said Jurassic park 3 was taken out of canon, what I said is the part with the spinosaurus skeleton being destroyed was their way of apologising to the fans for the t-rex being killed off in the 3rd movie.

Spielberg said he'll make up the treatment of the t-rex in Jurassic park 3 with Jurassic park 4 aka Jurassic World

The director Colin Trevorror was quoted "Destroying a dinosaurs bones is worse than killing it."
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Jurassic-World-Snuck-Sweet-Nod-Jurassic-Park-3-72074.html

So what if RakaiThwei doesn't have the popular opinion, so far he hasn't forced it one anyone or shamed us for liking movies he doesn't. Critical reception and the majority of popular fans response seem to be the consensuses of how were deem a films merits. Some users on this site take issue with how vocal he is taking offence to him insulting a movie he doesn't favor, big deal, what ever, to each their own, share a view point don't force it.

Though I will assert some problems with remakes/reboots is that its taking a classic movie and making a copy that pales in comparison, or its a cynical licences property the studio don't care for and just want to capitalise on it, so they cram out a product that lacks the subtleties and under tones of what made the original work. More over it pretty much renders the previous series and flow of continuity irrelevant, and not worth keeping alive other than brand recognition.

There are a few exceptions. The universal monster movies were readapted into after film years after, though technically it was merely the literature source material the new movies were adapted from.

Its probably inevitable that Alien and Predator will probably get the remake reboot in the far future, I'll just stick will the originals, let the new generation enjoy their reboot let it be judged for what it is and allow the option for the new fans to discover the old films and come to their own conclusion which they like. This is a fan community her not to fight, but to share our love and appreciation of these movie series.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: LordCassusSnow on Apr 08, 2016, 12:55:19 AM

I'm starting to get really tired of the way you express your counter opinions. I would suggest you think before you reply now and do so in a way that expresses your own thoughts without lambasting someone else's.

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Apr 07, 2016, 08:22:30 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 07, 2016, 07:57:26 PM

They described this film as an inventive sequel so the original Predator is still canon, and they're looking to make this an event film with a bigger budget and thats about all we know so far of this film, we can gather like Jurassic World it will mainly reference, pay tribute and acknowledge the Original film.

Nothing in that would suggest to me that they're going to pick and chose what they consider continuity. Shane Black specifically said that there was this rich history and continuity that he wanted to build upon, rather that ignore.

And I would hate to see a reboot. Of either this or Alien. I don't mind the idea of a soft reboot - as in a sequel that does it's own thing and goes elsewhere but isn't intended to overwrite the original. I think you could almost describe all the Predator films like that anyway.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Apr 07, 2016, 09:54:11 PMThe initial extent of the studio was for The Predator to be a straight up reboot and Shane Black had convinced them to go for an inventive sequel.

But again, says who? The whole reboot thing seemed to be nothing more than the press getting the wrong end of the stick. Fox never announced it was a reboot.

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Apr 08, 2016, 06:43:55 AMThe same way I went to see Batman Begins by tossing the Burton 1989 Batman moving out of my mind from watching, that's how. Hell, you could even say the same for Batman 89 by tossing Batman 66 out of your mind when you watch it. Point is, I could judge something on it's own merits.. as an entirely stand alone interpretation.

No, I'm with overthere. Reboots are inherently more risky because you're basically saying, "No, we can do it better than we did it the first time." Then if it isn't better... Well, you've f*cked up. You've basically thrown out the original fictional universe in favour of something worse.

There's absolutely no need to reboot Predator. There are so many more things you could do in sequels with varying degrees of connection to the existing movies. I'm confused as to what you think a reboot could do that a sequel couldn't, anyway. Have someone else who isn't Arnie play Dutch? Who would want to see that?

XENOMORPHOSIS

XENOMORPHOSIS

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 08, 2016, 07:49:23 AM
Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Apr 07, 2016, 09:54:11 PMThe initial extent of the studio was for The Predator to be a straight up reboot and Shane Black had convinced them to go for an inventive sequel.

But again, says who? The whole reboot thing seemed to be nothing more than the press getting the wrong end of the stick. Fox never announced it was a reboot.

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Apr 08, 2016, 06:43:55 AMThe same way I went to see Batman Begins by tossing the Burton 1989 Batman moving out of my mind from watching, that's how. Hell, you could even say the same for Batman 89 by tossing Batman 66 out of your mind when you watch it. Point is, I could judge something on it's own merits.. as an entirely stand alone interpretation.

No, I'm with overthere. Reboots are inherently more risky because you're basically saying, "No, we can do it better than we did it the first time." Then if it isn't better... Well, you've f*cked up. You've basically thrown out the original fictional universe in favour of something worse.

There's absolutely no need to reboot Predator. There are so many more things you could do in sequels with varying degrees of connection to the existing movies. I'm confused as to what you think a reboot could do that a sequel couldn't, anyway. Have someone else who isn't Arnie play Dutch? Who would want to see that?

The only claim seem to have been from imd.com describing that Shane had met with fox for a Predator reboot but convinced them to do a sequel, perhaps this was just an assumption of the person posting. Maybe that will be rectified when they document the behind the scenes.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed