Why the PREDATOR sequels get the face WRONG [Opinion Piece]

Started by bendinglight, Feb 21, 2021, 05:43:58 AM

Author
Why the PREDATOR sequels get the face WRONG [Opinion Piece] (Read 32,392 times)

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 21, 2024, 05:17:50 AMI keep expecting their Predator to end up mutating into something like Pumpkinhead, just like their Alien did, as if that was the pinnacle of creature design and can't wait to make everything else they do resemble it.

Cucurbitization, like carcinization. This is a thing now, we're calling it that.

Yautja888

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Jan 21, 2024, 04:59:55 AMCan ADI for once in their life JUST NOT  :'(

It don't need to be spread out like syrup on pancakes, sometimes a few teaspoons is enough of a helping, it don't gotta be downing in it that it turns into a pile of molasses. I beg yall, we just want great Predator design again. I had enough of just having mid.

KNB didn't do a better job. Their classic pred was inferior to most fan made pred faces.

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Yautja888 on Jan 21, 2024, 07:49:28 PM
Quote from: Mr.Turok on Jan 21, 2024, 04:59:55 AMCan ADI for once in their life JUST NOT  :'(

It don't need to be spread out like syrup on pancakes, sometimes a few teaspoons is enough of a helping, it don't gotta be downing in it that it turns into a pile of molasses. I beg yall, we just want great Predator design again. I had enough of just having mid.

KNB didn't do a better job. Their classic pred was inferior to most fan made pred faces.

It's nuts that they were so close. Like THAT close to getting it right. Instead they had the mandibles just droop from it's mouth and barely closed. They had the X mandible positioning right but it remained open making it look like a mouth breather.  :laugh:

razeak

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 21, 2024, 05:17:50 AMI keep expecting their Predator to end up mutating into something like Pumpkinhead, just like their Alien did, as if that was the pinnacle of creature design and they can't wait to make everything else they do resemble it.

They're like Mr. Brady in The Brady Bunch Movie.  Every building he designed, whether it was a restaurant, office or convenience store looked just like his house.  Which he designed.
My biggest complaint by far is the Pumpkinization of creature design across the board. Pumpkinhead is cool too. Everything just doesn't have to look like it.

CANNON

CANNON

I'll take anything over Feral. The others are just pour attempts at the original design, ferel isn't even a Predator.

BigDaddyJohn

I'll usually take Steve Carrell over Will Ferell.

CANNON

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed