So what exactly is the tenuous connection to the events of the first Alien?

Started by Ballzanya, Jun 06, 2012, 04:53:59 AM

Author
So what exactly is the tenuous connection to the events of the first Alien? (Read 1,571 times)

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

I'm yet to see the film, but since so many people who have don't know this on account of the vagueries of the films open ended questions and lack of answers, I must ask, what exactly are we supposed to extrapolate from this and project to the events of lv-426 with that giant jockey?
Spoiler
    Is this film retconning the size of that jockey down to the size of the one's in this movie? Or is it implying that, a giant squidhugger seen in this movie, facehugged it like a normal facehugger would a human? Is it implying that the engineers in this film were created by them and adopted their technology for themselves? That these engineers feared humans were now technologically advanced enough to be a threat to them and do likewise? Is the film implying that the gigeresque features of the alien come from that giant, actually biomechanical creature, as opposed to the human-like engineers here, which only produced some variant of the aliens which is less threatening?
    Is it implying instead that this alien creature(at the end) was also aboard the derelict and gave rise to the regular xenomorphs there thousands of years ago? God damn lack of definitive directions and answers!! Aarrgggh!!
[close]

Barringer

Barringer

Spoiler
As far as I've gathered, I think we're supposed to conclude that the outbreak on LV-223 directly led toward the space jockey "parking" the derelict on LV-426 and subsequently having something burst from his chest.
[close]

proicioaway

just watch the film. you'll be surprised. knowing the connection will spoil the film somewhat
it is a 'tenuous' connection at best

Xenomorphine

If you don't put spoiler warnings in a subject header, please remember to use spoiler tags for anything relevant. Thanks. :)

They're the nuclear warning symbol on the reply/post panel, if anyone needs to know.

Spoiler
It's basically similar to Ripley's closing scene. Shaw realises an escape pod has a deadly creature in it, knows she has to face it and does so in an inventive/unusual way.
[close]

Valaquen

The connections are

Spoiler
The derelict-class ships and Space Jockey race, and alien parasites that burst from within bodies. The last ten minutes focus on the threat of these elements.
[close]

Kev Loaf

We are still films away until we get to Alien (according to Scott) - so there is no major links.

Vepariga

no links that lead directly to Alien,but things that you can easily identify as creatures and objects that have similarities.

Darth Vile

Quote from: Ballzanya on Jun 06, 2012, 04:53:59 AM
I'm yet to see the film, but since so many people who have don't know this on account of the vagueries of the films open ended questions and lack of answers, I must ask, what exactly are we supposed to extrapolate from this and project to the events of lv-426 with that giant jockey?
ousands of years ago? God damn lack of definitive directions and answers!! Aarrgggh!!

The connection is...

Spoiler
That the derelict/SJ found in Alien are a from a 'God' like culture (not quite benign) who intervened to establish human life on Earth. And that the xeno in Alien is some product/bi-product (be it by design or by mistake) of the engineer's process to establish/destroy life on other worlds.
[close]
I personally find the connections/implications for the original movie quite profound... although it doesn't detract from what's on screen in Alien one bit.

judge death

Quote from: Vepariga on Jun 06, 2012, 10:23:59 AM
no links that lead directly to Alien,but things that you can easily identify as creatures and objects that have similarities.
Amen, we can only see and understand what and why the xeno were from but from a long shot of view.

Spoiler
The movie had basicly almost no links to the creature or ship and why it happened in alien that as ridely said: Will be shown in later movies.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed