Huh... Whodathunk that Ridley Scott would help destroy the Alien?

Started by CarnalCalligraphy, Jun 02, 2012, 10:08:51 PM

Author
Huh... Whodathunk that Ridley Scott would help destroy the Alien? (Read 6,397 times)

CarnalCalligraphy

Before it was released, I mean. No one would dare question it, and when someone did, they were ignored for being contrarians...

SpeedyMaxx

"UMAD" has rarely seemed more apropos.

CarnalCalligraphy

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Jun 02, 2012, 10:54:23 PM

At what is that directed?

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Ooze on First on Jun 02, 2012, 10:24:23 PMIt would also seem that those with low double-digit IQs...

Holy-f**k, you know what digits are! You are one smart motherf**king troll.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: CarnalCalligraphy on Jun 02, 2012, 10:58:50 PM

The sheer volume of histrionics on the forum.  I mean, come on, folks.  People in fandom were writing their own fan versions of the film, applying fan canon theories hither and yon, unilaterally deciding who was their favorite or least favorite character or castmember based on two minute featurettes months ago, grafting conspiracy theories onto the design choices and composer (Streitenfeld can't get the job done and his work in the movie will be limited, anyone?) and now because a cross section of fandom doesn't like a monster design or whatever else, we decide Scott has "destroyed the alien", full stop?   No, he just did what he wanted. 

I don't mind opinions; I mind unilateral judgments presented as unassailable universal fact based on personal opinion, or without having seen the film.  But this has gone on for many months.  People want to look like self-assured experts and tastemakers but we're all just fans.  And Scott does what he likes.  All the fandom inside baseball was meaningless.

CarnalCalligraphy

CarnalCalligraphy

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Jun 02, 2012, 11:13:15 PM
Quote from: Ooze on First on Jun 02, 2012, 10:24:23 PMIt would also seem that those with low double-digit IQs...

Lmao!

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Jun 02, 2012, 11:16:31 PM
Quote from: CarnalCalligraphy on Jun 02, 2012, 10:58:50 PM

The sheer volume of histrionics on the forum.  I mean, come on, folks.  People in fandom were writing their own fan versions of the film, applying fan canon theories hither and yon, unilaterally deciding who was their favorite or least favorite character or castmember based on two minute featurettes months ago, grafting conspiracy theories onto the design choices and composer (Streitenfeld can't get the job done and his work in the movie will be limited, anyone?) and now because a cross section of fandom doesn't like a monster design or whatever else, we decide Scott has "destroyed the alien", full stop?   No, he just did what he wanted. 

I don't mind opinions; I mind unilateral judgments presented as unassailable universal fact based on personal opinion, or without having seen the film.  But this has gone on for many months.  People want to look like self-assured experts and tastemakers but we're all just fans.  And Scott does what he likes.  All the fandom inside baseball was meaningless.

It's remarkable that with all that, I still haven't an inkling as to at whom or what it was you were directing your comment. Has verbose drivel been a problem in the past for you?

While Scott may have only been doing what he wanted - and I'm not entirely sure that's the case considering Fox's ceaseless meddling in the past - he is still subject to scrutiny and criticism. Why wouldn't he be?

I'm beginning to suspect that you're playing the role of contrarian as an excuse to write rather circumlocutory responses.

RICH-ENGLAND

lolz, this is becoming pretty funny, the ones that like the film are attacking those that dont with insults then claiming theyre histerical, hyperbolic or claiming that were moaning that its not alien, the funniest thing is that a lot of these people are jumping in and screaming without even reading posts properly... ooh, irony

thanks

rich

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Jun 02, 2012, 11:13:15 PM

have you seen it yet chris? dont remember seeing your opinion?

thanks

rich

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I haven't even been able to see the film yet you bastards.  >:(

I always figured the proto-alien would be a much simpler creature who gains upgrades after each host. This in no way destroys the original alien. The proto-alien chestburster is much more complicated than I thought it would have been and the face hugger is huge. Imagine the full grown beast in Prometheus 2.

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: CarnalCalligraphy on Jun 02, 2012, 11:20:55 PM
It's remarkable that with all that, I still haven't an inkling as to at whom or what it was you were directing your comment. Has verbose drivel been a problem in the past for you?

I think the last several months of snap judgments and supposedly obvious universal truths that amounted to little speak for themselves.

QuoteIf you mean to take my side, however, disregard the above remarks.

Oh, naturally.   So if I agree with you am I not spouting drivel and instead a poet and the soul of the age?

CarnalCalligraphy

...Well, yeah... That was the joke. ???

Psykorgasm

Quote from: CarnalCalligraphy on Jun 02, 2012, 10:08:51 PM
I guess it's fitting. He brought it into this world... you know the rest.

Funny thing is, he didn't "destroy" his own creation.

Stop sounding like immature crybabies. Jeez.

CarnalCalligraphy

Quote from: Psykorgasm on Jun 02, 2012, 11:51:45 PM

Crybaby? That's hurtful...  :'(

You've been reported.
:D

MrLee

Im totally not including this film as part of the series, in anyway shape or form, its not worth it.

Psykorgasm

Quote from: CarnalCalligraphy on Jun 02, 2012, 11:53:52 PM
Quote from: Psykorgasm on Jun 02, 2012, 11:51:45 PM

Crybaby? That's hurtful...  :'(

You've been reported.
:D

Hilarious you mate. Keep it up

CarnalCalligraphy

To make a Farrellian observation, that doesn't make sense. It may just be the grammar of the statement, but it certainly doesn't appear to express any discernable idea.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed