Riddick

Started by Speed37, Jun 04, 2008, 11:34:44 PM

Author
Riddick (Read 161,125 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

We already got a pseudo-Pitch Black remake in Riddick. I'm down for some more Chronicles-esque shenanigans in the next one.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Didn't like Riddick either.

Just Pitch Black, the two sequels feel like they are in a different universe reallt.

The 1st could have been at home in the Alien universe IMO.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Diesel's best performance, instantly becoming iconic. Curious about this one, but I'll stay cautious after the disappointment that Riddick was.

Master

Master

Love all three of them. Such fine s-f movies they are. All different  but joined by Riddick character. Best performance by Diesel by far. Only Find Me Guilty and Babilon A.D. are on pair.

x-M-x

x-M-x

I think vin plans to make furya after he's done with the FF Franchise.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Definitely looking forward to another Riddick movie, it's promising that Diesel is posting about a new one again.

Master

Master

As far as I remember we are promised with two more. Underverse (which I think is the next one) and final Furya after that. I wouldn't mind old Diesel finally comming home and find some piece.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: 426Buddy on Sep 26, 2021, 03:17:10 PM

Just Pitch Black, the two sequels feel like they are in a different universe reallt.

Pitch Black feels so disjointed with the other two films that I just have gotten into the habit of pretending it's its own thing.  To me, there are only two Riddick movies - Pitch Black is off by itself, and I can enjoy the sillyness of the Riddick films in peace lol

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Master on Sep 27, 2021, 10:43:37 AM
As far as I remember we are promised with two more. Underverse (which I think is the next one) and final Furya after that. I wouldn't mind old Diesel finally comming home and find some piece.
I thought Furya was the next one? That's what he was posting about last time.

x-M-x

x-M-x

karl urban as vaako needs to return, those two need to hash it out.

Underverse/Furya

Two more would be great, but i think he'll just make furya.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I think he's said something about making them into one movie.

Master

Master

Of course I'd love two more instead of one more, but still you can't do wrong with more Riddick.

Huggs

Huggs

I got this feelin' that when he finds furya he's gonna go off on a Toretto speech about family.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I'm definitely looking forward to more Riddick films, especially continuing with the Chronicles narrative.  8)

Quote from: Wysps on Sep 27, 2021, 02:40:57 PM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Sep 26, 2021, 03:17:10 PM

Pitch Black feels so disjointed with the other two films that I just have gotten into the habit of pretending it's its own thing.  To me, there are only two Riddick movies - Pitch Black is off by itself, and I can enjoy the sillyness of the Riddick films in peace lol

Riddick was supposed to be transported to the Fiorina 161 Class C Work Correctional Unit, until the ship was damaged and forced to make an emergency landing.  :laugh:

But seriously, I agree as it really does feel like a totally different beast. Pitch Black is well done B-horror movie. The Chronicles of Riddick feels like a pastiche of a Dune-like space opera. Riddick tried to be like the original, but in a way it does feel like part of the space opera and not so much of Pitch Black, with that last one staying as a retro-futuristic stanalone movie; with all and its gritty barren planet plus the ship, wich reminds me that Ian Hunter & Matthew Gratzner, both artists behind the feature-film visual effects of Pitch Black,  were also working together in Alien: Resurrection.

Speaking of which, Riddick admiring bioraptors, almost like he identifies with them much better than with humans, adds some eerie personality traits to the antihero - in the spirit of Ash (Alien) but more in a comic book style, ala Ripley 8.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Master on Sep 28, 2021, 06:36:35 AM
Of course I'd love two more instead of one more, but still you can't do wrong with more Riddick.

I get the feeling that Vin is thinking he might not get to do more. Riddick took ages to get made, and it didn't light the world on fire box office wise.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed