Prometheus Plot Reveal - Aliens ARE In It

Started by Darkoo, Jan 27, 2011, 03:03:32 PM

Author
Prometheus Plot Reveal - Aliens ARE In It (Read 152,812 times)

stroggificated

Quote from: Mus on Feb 04, 2011, 07:52:48 PM
Which part?
Because of AVP he has to design/redesign earlier versions. - Why?
Alien is worn out. - Sorry, but then he's the wrong man for a prequel.

Alexa Chung

but the alien IS worn out.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

He's so tired. His career has been nothing but diminishing returns since the 80's. And he knows it.

SiL

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Feb 04, 2011, 10:17:13 PM
He's so tired. His career has been nothing but diminishing returns since the 80's. And he knows it.
Adjusted for inflation, it's been diminishing returns from the get-go.

Griffith

uh??

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118031530

QuoteDeal deepens Spaihts' relationship with Bruckheimer, as the producer tapped him late last year to adapt graphic novel "World War Robot." The original story centers on a small band of humans and robots facing off in a battle on Earth, the moon and Mars.

Spaihts worked on New Regency-Summit's upcoming "The Darkest Hour in 3D." He broke into Hollywood with sci-fier "Shadow 19" and followed up with "Passengers," a space journey project penned for Keanu Reeves.

Spaihts was the originating writer on Fox's "Prometheus," which is in pre-production with Ridley Scott directing. Project was first rumored to be an "Aliens" reboot before Fox gave it the title "Prometheus" last month.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

humans vs robots?... facepalm.jpg

Mus

Quote from: stroggificated on Feb 04, 2011, 09:34:52 PM
Quote from: Mus on Feb 04, 2011, 07:52:48 PM
Which part?
Because of AVP he has to design/redesign earlier versions. - Why?
Alien is worn out. - Sorry, but then he's the wrong man for a prequel.

He thinks AvP is shit, so he wants to annul it by creating his own back-story. Plus the fact he thinks Aliens killing people is boring now, another reason to do something different. No guarantee it'll be any good though.

Gash

Gash

There's no better person to revisit the Alien universe than Ridley Scott. The only man for the job.

And his career hasn't been diminishing returns. He started off with a great film and then created two out and out classics of cinema. He  then made a long line of fairly standard but stylish thrillers through the 80s interspersed with more interesting films like Legend and Thelma and Louise. None of these films are poor in my opinion although they are not landmark films. He then continued to make decent but workmanlike films until he hit his stride again with Gladiator. Black Hawk Down was a good film and personally I preferred Hannibal over Silence of the Lambs. Kingdom of Heaven was a quality film and as I'm not prejudiced to despise a film just because of Orlando Bloom I didn't find anything wrong with it. I haven't seen Robin Hood, or in fact all of Ridley's films but I have no doubt that I would find them all perfectly acceptable. However the exciting thing about Ridley returning to science fiction is that he is clearly at his best when he is being creative, and historical and futuristic worlds bring out the best of creativity in him because he is basically visually constructing everything, not just lighting and composition.

Recent hints suggest that Prometheus has stronger ties than the news stories of a few weeks ago implied, but even if not, this is still likely to be the most interesting science fiction film in a long time, hopefully with a maturity that really interesting sci-fi used to have. The fact that it has expanded beyond the obvious restraints of a prequel means it must be strong on script and not just ticking the expected boxes of every other sequel/prequel that Hollywood churns out.

Oh, and why should we discuss this film on this forum? Well, I don't know about you but I can already see stronger connections in this film than I ever saw in Predator. I come to this forum for Alien (because it's one of the best places to discuss the film), but AVP just isn't on my radar at all. Whilst speculation for what Prometheus actually is remains this is a perfectly valid place to discuss it.

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: Gash on Feb 05, 2011, 01:17:27 AM
And his career hasn't been diminishing returns.

I was talking about the Alien itself. Had no idea Kane's Son was in Thelma and Louise.

Gash

Oh Ok sorry. When you said his career I assumed you meant Scott.

Absolutely agree on the alien. Diminishing returns all the way.

Sharp Sticks

Starting with AlienĀ³, as far as I'm concerned. Aliens is great.

Kinda sad you overlooked Blade Runner in your big rant up there, but hey.

chupacabras acheronsis

what ya gonna do about it?

Valaquen

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Feb 05, 2011, 01:39:58 AM
Starting with AlienĀ³, as far as I'm concerned. Aliens is great.

Kinda sad you overlooked Blade Runner in your big rant up there, but hey.
QuoteHe started off with a great films and then created two out and out classics of cinema
:laugh:

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Whoops. Oh well.

That's why you've gotta read carefully, I guess.

Spoiler
[close]

dandan

so does anyone have any updates on the alien colonial marines game ?

chupacabras acheronsis

we have a whole board for that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed