Recent posts

Porting over relevant information from the Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga into its own thread, in order to be able to keep an ongoing (and separate) record of the production of Mad Max: The Wasteland over the next however many years, as was done with both Furiosa and Mad Max: Fury Road previously.

NOTE: There is a spoilery detail from Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga contained within this article from Entertainment Weekly on May 1, 2024, so I have spoiler tagged the entire article to account for that.

Spoiler
George Miller provides update on his plans for the future of the Mad Max franchise
"We are certainly working on it," he teases.

QuoteEW's 2024 Summer Preview has dozens of exclusive looks at the most anticipated TV shows, movies, books, and music of entertainment's hottest season. Continue to visit ew.com throughout May for more previews of what you'll be watching, reading, and listening to in the months to come.

Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga features a brief glimpse of Mad Max and his beloved car, the Interceptor. It's more than just a fun blink-and-you'll-miss-it Easter egg for longtime fans, though — director George Miller says it directly relates to where he'd like to take the franchise from here if the opportunity presents itself.

Furiosa, the prequel to 2015 Oscar winner Mad Max: Fury Road, serves as the origin story for its title character before her eventual encounter and team-up with Mad Max (Tom Hardy). Miller had outlined Furiosa and Max's backstories before Fury Road began filming to help the cast and crew understand the characters.

"In doing what we did in the preparation of Mad Max: Fury Road, we also wrote what happened to Max in the year before we encounter him in [that film]," Miller explains in Entertainment Weekly's cover story on Furiosa. "And as we get towards the end of [Furiosa], the chronology, basically, we had to see that Mad Max was lurking around somewhere because we do know what happened. The writers know what happened to Mad Max in that year before, and we have a whole story of that, which I would like to do sometime if I get the chance."

When pressed for an update on that project, Miller says, "Well, we are certainly working on it. And as I say, we wrote that basically as a novella, and now we've got a chance, we will get that into a screenplay form, and then we'll take it from there."

The long-running franchise began in 1979 with Mad Max, starring Mel Gibson as the titular character, and was followed by sequels in 1981 and 1985. Thirty years passed before the Hardy-led Fury Road was released, and another nine have elapsed since, so it could be a while before any new high-octane adventures come to pass.

In the meantime, Furiosa, starring Anya Taylor-Joy, Chris Hemsworth, and Tom Burke, hits theaters May 24.

https://ew.com/george-miller-update-future-mad-max-franchise-furiosa-8640844
[close]
Alien Films / Re: Alien3 Legacy Cut
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 02:44:33 PM
I'm not saying I'm a fan of her TC death, but I was never really bothered by it either.
That's bullshit. Let's talk about the bonus more.
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: A Quiet Place
Last post by ace3g - Today at 02:38:14 PM
Best alien game of all time without a doubt and this just confirms it.
Recreational Area / Re: The Alien Dialogue Thread ...
Last post by TheDerelict - Today at 02:14:37 PM
Mr Ravel, warm up the ion propulsion.
Alien Films / Re: Alien3 Legacy Cut
Last post by Kradan - Today at 02:06:03 PM
Newt dying unconscious gives viewers at least some reconciliation while her drowning in her tube fully awake, screaming and kicking seems more fitting for Alien 3's brutal tone
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Today at 09:09:13 AMI'm going to watch and enjoy Rez again now, because of this thread.
Who? Would you recommend this person?
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed