Halo: The Television Series

Started by Nightmare Asylum, May 21, 2013, 05:54:29 PM

Author
Halo: The Television Series (Read 23,425 times)

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Aspie on May 23, 2013, 05:07:13 AM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 23, 2013, 04:58:33 AM
Quote from: Aspie on May 23, 2013, 04:49:09 AM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 23, 2013, 04:41:59 AM
Well, Microsoft is backing it alongside him, so they'll probably have something like a Game of Thrones budget... which is practically on-par with a feature film. Hopefully the curse of Spielberg-on-TV doesn't carry over. Well, unless it's shit like Terra Nova or Falling Skies.

Yeah, but surely something like Halo would make the Game of Thrones budget seem like chump change.
Something like Battlestar Galactica, constantly magnificently directed, held fantastic shipboard drama on frequently used and convincing sets and wonderful CGI in between for exterior/space battle shots for four seasons and only got better on a fraction of GoT's budget-- and that was a space opera. In Game of Thrones, the amount of CGI is hard to notice, but it's present in basically every upward facing shot of a city; much more than Battlestar Galactica and more detail/compositing work.

With a skilled set of directors, well designed live sets, and an creative application of CGI, it could easily work. I'd say all of the serious CGI work on Forward Unto Dawn was about that of two episodes worth of Game of Thrones, anyways, in terms of budget spent.

Honestly, I'm just having a hard time imagining a Halo series where CGI will not be utilized an extreme amounts. Especially with the environments.
Well, that's assuming that they frequently go to Forerunner/Covenant locations (particularly Forerunner, seeing as they're mostly large and wide open). For UNSC stuff, it was handled pretty simply with FUD, and they didn't even touch any spacecraft sets.

Aspie

Aspie

ugh...so much expectations attached to this... :'(

I guess that's the price of being derived from an amazing franchise.

Space Sweeper

Amen to that, mang.
Gon' be tricky.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Aspie on May 23, 2013, 05:14:17 AM
ugh...so much expectations attached to this... :'(

I guess that's the price of being derived from an amazing franchise.
Heres to a good show.

Aspie

Aspie

I see no picture :P

Nightmare Asylum

It's from Latino Review so I'm hesitant to even post this, but... Neil Blomkamp To Direct Halo Pilot?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/devlin712/news/?a=93451

Aspie

Aspie

pls be true

scarhunter92

That would be justice on a cosmic level.

SpaceMarines

I can dig it.

First Blood

The world needs more Neil Blomkamp and Joseph Kosinski in it.

Nightmare Asylum

QuoteAnd 2015 won't simply be the year of "Halo 5: Guardians," it will also be a year that offers us a unique opportunity. The opportunity to invite old friends and new audiences into that universe through the "Halo" television series, launched as a unique collaboration with Steven Spielberg and some of the finest creative minds in the business.  A series that will stand alone, as well as complement and enrich the game experience.  We'll have more to share on the "Halo" television series as we near its projected fall 2015 release.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/05/games-halo-journey-announcement

SpaceMarines

I can't wait to hear more about this. Wonder if it'll be military-oriented, or maybe focus on some of the more civilian and lesser-seen aspects of the Halo universe.

Nightmare Asylum

I dunno, but I really like the comment about it complimenting and enriching the games. I would love if it takes place in the 'current,' post-war world Halo 4 and beyond are tackling.

Aspie

Aspie

I heard ShoTime picked it up.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed