Recent posts

General Film/TV Discussion / Re: All Ridley Scott
Last post by Ingwar - Today at 01:38:50 PM
Apparently yes.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Why Alien: Romulus pits th...
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 01:37:14 PM
I would like for the front of the head to not bulge out too much.
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: All Star Wars
Last post by TilotnyWorshiper28 - Today at 01:33:11 PM
Quote from: xShadowFoxX on Today at 09:39:17 AMDid I just hear Selkath? As in, Selkath from Kotor?
seems like their might be one in acolyte
Quote from: SiL on Yesterday at 08:30:41 PMThere's no mention of canon in the article or its heading. Just says he refuses to watch the others because the first was so good.

He refuses to watch the other films because he considers them inferior to the original, ergo they are not part of his personal canon.

It's not that hard to figure out...
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: Riddick
Last post by Nightmare Asylum - Today at 12:57:13 PM
Quote from: SM on Today at 06:54:02 AMQuick! Films with some variation of 'Fury' in the title are popular!

Signed

Dick B Ridrichard

Furya: A Riddick Chronicle
Last post by cucuchu - Today at 12:51:12 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Today at 12:22:00 PMI love how this disscusion inspires people to show off their drawing skills

If everyone here draws out a proper phallus with a Xeno face on the back end, I'm certain we'll see the film's design of it at some point.
Quote from: Ingwar on Yesterday at 09:12:23 PMFinancial thriller sounds good but I want my f**king Western ... pretty please ;D

David Twohy wrote G.I. Jane.

Wasn't Scott attached to direct The Wolf of Wall street at one point?
General Discussion / Whatever happened to the Japan...
Last post by Cougerboy - Today at 12:42:02 PM
Japan is a country long known for their technology and industrial achievements. In the automobile sector, Japan remains a global leader with Toyota and Honda of course (Nissan and Mazda is on somewhat more shaky ground but at least not in any immediate danger of going under anytime soon). But one other technological sector that Japan used to be known for as an export powerhouse, consumer electronics, it has shrank and almost disappeared, at least in external markets outside Japan.

Today, Korea's Samsung and LG dominates consumer electronics in smartphones, blu-ray players and flat screen LCD TV. Apple offers premium priced iphone and ipad products and a whole slew of technology companies from China and Taiwan offering cheaper electronic goods. Quite a contrast to the time when Japanese consumer electronics was supreme globally, back in the 80s and 90s, when you had the Sony's Walkman (and later Discman), Toshiba and Fujistsu's laptops, Panasonic's videotapes, JVC's VCR recorders, Sharp's television, Pioneer who made CDs (and later LaserDisc, DVDs and Blu-rays) and NEC's personal computers. But now? None of those companies are anywhere close to where they were in their glory days of the 80s and 90s (some of those companies still do well, but not in the consumer electronics sector globally).

The one possible exception being in video games, where Nintendo and Sony Playstation still offer highly competitive products. But that's the exception rather than the rule. In all other consumer electronic sectors, Japanese brands have become distant laggards. They completely missed the smartphone revolution for example. Yes, Sony had a joint venture with Ericsson to make cellphones (before buying out Ericsson's share to form Sony Mobile today), yet their current smart phone offering, Xperia, is WAY down the list of smartphones sold, its not even in the same league as Samsung Galaxy and Apple Iphone. So whatever happened to the Japanese consumer electronics industry and their global dominance?

I mean, Japan is known for their highly educated and disciplined workforce with incredible work ethic...on paper, therefore Japan should not have lost their top position in consumer electronics. But now?
Last post by kwisatz - Today at 12:28:13 PM
Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Today at 12:16:27 PMSo, with info I'd previously missed regarding the full dome (thanks @SiL )

Maybe more like this than my previous doodle?

https://i.imgur.com/nIVZWKx.jpeg

Possible (even likely?)

I'll probably not like it  :D
Last post by Kradan - Today at 12:22:00 PM
I love how this disscusion inspires people to show off their drawing skills
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed