ALIEN: Out of the Shadows (Novel 1)

Started by Darwinsgirl, Jun 01, 2013, 03:49:43 AM

Author
ALIEN: Out of the Shadows (Novel 1) (Read 154,450 times)

Xenomrph

Speaking of Aliens: Isolation, I wonder if Isolation and Out of the Shadows will cross-reference each other in any way, since they both happen between the first two movies.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 13, 2013, 02:25:59 PM
Speaking of Aliens: Isolation, I wonder if Isolation and Out of the Shadows will cross-reference each other in any way, since they both happen between the first two movies.
Wouldn't surprise me. I wouldn't mind. In the Gears of War 3 campaign, several characters make references to events that happened in between the games that the novels by Karen Traviss include in detail. Love those little nods.

Corporal Hicks

I don't think so. It sounds like the trilogy are purely they're own self contained universe.

Might be getting a copy or two to give away via the website. Not 100% yet. The publishers offered me some but I haven't heard from them since.

Xenomrph

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Dec 13, 2013, 05:18:41 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 13, 2013, 02:25:59 PM
Wouldn't surprise me. I wouldn't mind. In the Gears of War 3 campaign, several characters make references to events that happened in between the games that the novels by Karen Traviss include in detail. Love those little nods.
To be fair, Karen Traviss also wrote Gears of War 3 itself.

PRJ_since1990

I know but that doesn't mean every detail she wrote made it into the final cut for the voice actors. But for those that did, I picked up on them immediately and I'm sure other fans who read the books did too.

I like it when a sequel acknowledges the existence of the story that came before it, whether it be an event, a person or a paraphrased retelling (for those that hadn't seen it).

Xenomrph

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Dec 13, 2013, 11:54:17 PM
I like it when a sequel acknowledges the existence of the story that came before it, whether it be an event, a person or a paraphrased retelling (for those that hadn't seen it).
Don't get me wrong, so do I. :)

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 14, 2013, 02:39:18 AM
Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Dec 13, 2013, 11:54:17 PM
Don't get me wrong, so do I. :)
That's cool. On a related note, as you'll read in the other thread, I did forget about the plot related to this novel... should have scrolled up and reread some points. I thought "oh yeah, there's a new book.... wait, what the hell is it about"

Xenomrph

Haha, no worries.

As with Isolation, I'm setting my expectations MEGA-low for this book, and maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Jay Thomas

Out of the Shadows has been delayed from Jan 7 to Jan 28.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1781162689/ref=s9_psimh_gw_p14_d12_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0X90PY7Z390KGQH1DRQ9&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1688200382&pf_rd_i=507846

I hope it doesn't get delayed further! I'm looking forward to this.

Corporal Hicks

I should have my review copy (and some competition copies) next week. Will also have preview to go up in a week or 2 as well.

Corporal Hicks

I've got the preview. It'll be next week.

HuDaFuK

Looking forward to it.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 17, 2014, 08:06:46 AM
I've got the preview. It'll be next week.
I know it's only been a matter of hours since you got it, but surely you're done reading it and can tell us all about it, right? ;D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/literature/aliens-novels/out-of-the-shadows-preview/

Here's the preview.  :)

Thats pants. It's the same as the one Tor uploaded.  :-\ Well enjoy anyway gents!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed