Breaking Bad & Better Call Saul

Started by Space Sweeper, Jun 04, 2011, 04:29:15 AM

Author
Breaking Bad & Better Call Saul (Read 150,670 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Needs more Huell.

SpaceMarines

You should check out the spinoff they're making:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8domW4NwpBQ#ws

KiramidHead

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 11, 2014, 06:59:11 PM
And so it is finished.

My thoughts are racing through my mind trying to process everything, but I know that I have to slow down and pace myself in order to really let it all soak in. Breaking Bad is intricate. It is a game of chess, a series of carefully planned out moments and images that combine to form something so much larger and more effective than the pieces ever could be on their own.

Take "Ozymandias," for example. This fantastic hour of television, this wonderfully heartbreaking series of moments, is to Breaking Bad what the midseason episodes of Battlestar Galactica are to that show. "Ozymandias" is the finale that I approached the show expecting, and while it was perfect in every way it never could have been the end.

If you're reading this I'm sure you've already seen the finale. I don't have to describe it to you. I just want to leave one thing, one image. The final image.

Spoiler

Breaking Bad's cinematography is beautiful. The gorgeous landscapes and time lapses, the perfect placement of the characters and objects on screen, even the comparatively less focused but still eccentrically amusing POV shots achieved through the use of a GoPro camera. It's wonderful, all of it, and this final shot is no exception. It is simple; the camera merely pulls us and away from Walt's corpse. His arms are outstretched in embrace, and the beams above him twist along with the camera, forming an X over his body. It is finished, crossed off, all of it. No pieces are left behind.
[close]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkA7xQb6uPk#

~Felina~

Dude you need to read the script for the final episode. Or at least the final scenes.

Spoiler
What is going through Walt's head in his final moments is sad. Looking at the meth lab, thinking he taught Jesse well. Then when the cops get there: "Too late. He got away.." 
[close]

FiorinaFury161

And so it is finished.

My thoughts are racing through my mind trying to process everything, but I know that I have to slow down and pace myself in order to really let it all soak in. Breaking Bad is intricate. It is a game of chess, a series of carefully planned out moments and images that combine to form something so much larger and more effective than the pieces ever could be on their own.

Take "Ozymandias," for example. This fantastic hour of television, this wonderfully heartbreaking series of moments, is to Breaking Bad what the midseason episodes of Battlestar Galactica are to that show. "Ozymandias" is the finale that I approached the show expecting, and while it was perfect in every way it never could have been the end.

If you're reading this I'm sure you've already seen the finale. I don't have to describe it to you. I just want to leave one thing, one image. The final image.

Spoiler

Breaking Bad's cinematography is beautiful. The gorgeous landscapes and time lapses, the perfect placement of the characters and objects on screen, even the comparatively less focused but still eccentrically amusing POV shots achieved through the use of a GoPro camera. It's wonderful, all of it, and this final shot is no exception. It is simple; the camera merely pulls us and away from Walt's corpse. His arms are outstretched in embrace, and the beams above him twist along with the camera, forming an X over his body. It is finished, crossed off, all of it. No pieces are left behind.
[close]

~Felina~
The exit scene of the final episode was indeed blissfully done. Every single move, decoration and word was magnified to universal vision.

I watched the entire series from the pilot to the finale every Sunday night when it was fresh and live. Imagine having to wait several months inbetween seasons wondering what was going to happen next. The anticipation of every episode was almost unbearable, I used to think about the entire episode for a full week wondering what was going to happen next... No other TV show has ever (possibly will ever) grab my attention like this masterpiece did. Glad you enjoyed the greatest TV show ever created! :D

KiramidHead

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jun 12, 2014, 03:18:16 AM
Glad you enjoyed the greatest TV show ever created! :D

What happened to Fargo taking top spot? :P :laugh:

Alienseseses

Fargo is pretty damn good. But Breaking Bad is the master.

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 12, 2014, 04:03:09 AM
Glad you enjoyed the greatest TV show ever created! :D

What happened to Fargo taking top spot? :P :laugh:
Fargo has the top spot in current TV. It's like trying to compare your two favorite music bands: one always is the mountaintop while two is the hiker near the summit. There's always an avalanche that sends the hiker back down the mountain when they threaten to reach the top.
Spoiler
ie an over reaction sometimes happens :P
[close]

xeno-kaname

And so it is finished.

Spoiler

[close]

~Felina~
The exit scene of the final episode was indeed blissfully done. Every single move, decoration and word was magnified to universal vision.

I watched the entire series from the pilot to the finale every Sunday night when it was fresh and live. Imagine having to wait several months inbetween seasons wondering what was going to happen next. The anticipation of every episode was almost unbearable, I used to think about the entire episode for a full week wondering what was going to happen next... No other TV show has ever (possibly will ever) grab my attention like this masterpiece did. Glad you enjoyed the greatest TV show ever created! :D

I agree. There is no other show that has gotten me so addicted. Although watching every episode live must have been torture, I binge watched the first three seasons and I'm telling you that was too much as well . I couldn't sleep! Specially knowing that I can find out what happens next if I just watch another episode. I was insanely sleep deprived xD

DJ Pu$$yface

Better Call Saul delayed until early 2015, however, it has already received a second season order!
http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/06/19/better-call-saul-renewed-for-season-2-premiere-delayed-until-2015

Nightmare Asylum

I hope the delay doesn't hurt the show at all (hopefully it does just the opposite). They must have a lot of faith in it for it to already get renewed, though. Hopefully the renewal is based on the quality of the show itself rather than just blind faith in the already popular brand.

KiramidHead

I'll support blind faith if it makes Huell's Rules a reality.

Spoiler
And call me crazy, but I would have loved a spinoff based on Saul running a Cinnabon in Omaha. ;D
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Huell is the best. If I recall correctly, Saul hired him in season four, huh? That means he probably won't be in this show :/

KiramidHead

I think it was Season 3, but I'm not sure.

Shasvre

Shasvre

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed