Just what the franchise needed

Started by Midnightskater72, Aug 26, 2011, 08:12:51 PM

Author
Just what the franchise needed (Read 10,705 times)

Midnightskater72

I'm sure it's said enough on here but, predators never gets the credit it fully deserves. I'm very critical of movies especially predator being one of my top favorites, and I cannot find one problem wrong with predators. I put it on the mantle with the first one no questions asked. f**kin great characters, perfect use of the original music, and you can't get any more intense then the last 30 minutes from hanzo's fight to the last battle.

Never say no to Panda!

samoht

samoht

Yeah sure.

The music that plays just as the credits start to roll ruins the movie. I mean...wtf?

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: Midnightskater72 on Aug 26, 2011, 08:12:51 PM
I'm sure it's said enough on here but, predators never gets the credit it fully deserves. I'm very critical of movies especially predator being one of my top favorites, and I cannot find one problem wrong with predators. I put it on the mantle with the first one no questions asked. f**kin great characters, perfect use of the original music, and you can't get any more intense then the last 30 minutes from hanzo's fight to the last battle.

Well i have to thanks Predators for at least one thing:
He completly killed the predfanboy (rip) and almost the simple predator fan i was,  now i don't really give a sh*t about the franchise anymore
He can get killed by anybody, anything, in the most humilitating way possible or appears in any futur sh*tty movies, i don't give a f*ck.

But if good things happen to the franchise,  well it's cool  ;) . If bad things happen , well  "kiss my ass"   ;D

Billiken

Billiken

I have realised thanks to this movie, I will never trust Fox with anything anymore. They killed the Die hard, Predator and Alien franchise off all in one big hit. Assholes

Stalker

Stalker

I completely agree. After the travesty that was the first AvP movie which tried to portrayed Predators as Samurai-like warriors the franchise really needed a kick in the ass. Predators brought back everything that was great about the first movie.

Quote from: samoht on Aug 27, 2011, 01:02:37 AM
Yeah sure.

The music that plays just as the credits start to roll ruins the movie. I mean...wtf?

I can't tell if you're being serious or sarcastic, Long Tall Sally is a classic from the original film.

Terx2

Terx2

Quote from: Billiken on Aug 28, 2011, 04:13:21 AM
I have realised thanks to this movie, I will never trust Fox with anything anymore. They killed the Die hard, Predator and Alien franchise off all in one big hit. Assholes

They've killed a lot more things than that.

The Xenoborg

For a second, I thought I was watching the original Predator until Adrien Brody's nose slapped me in the face.

Nope

Nope

Quote from: Billiken on Aug 28, 2011, 04:13:21 AM
Yea no, I assume you are reffering to Die Hard 4, in which case,  Die Hard 4 was an awesome and worthy edition to the Die Hard franchise.  Plus, it didn't 'kill' the Die Hard franchise in terms of revenue either, considering it is the most successful film in the franchise.

LadyZero

LadyZero

Quote from: Greedy Fat Xenoborg on Aug 28, 2011, 01:28:29 PM
For a second, I thought I was watching the original Predator until Adrien Brody's nose slapped me in the face.

I wish there was a 'like' button, I really do xD Genius, genius  :laugh:

SpaceMarines

Gave him an advantage over the other survivors.

He could smell those mandibled motherf**kers coming a mile off.

War Wager

War Wager

I cannot find one problem wrong with predators

Keep looking

Pux Almighty

It was mediocre. No way it's on par with the original.

Actually. it's like P2 - a mediocre sequel to an excellent movie.

Stalker

Stalker

The original is still superior no doubt, but Predators got almost everything right, it's just too bad they didn't show more of the hunters themselves. There was more potential to be had.

Pux Almighty

I hated all the homages to the original and the characters sucked compared to the sheer badassery of Dutch and co.

Also, the dialogue. Some of the lines are terrible. Yes, I'm looking at you, Mr. Fish.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed