ACM Status Update #2

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 19, 2010, 11:24:40 AM

Author
ACM Status Update #2 (Read 156,983 times)

Ash 937

Ash 937

I still know that I'd rather have a "rushed" product than no product at all.  I've simply waited too long for this game and I want all of the waiting and hoping I've done to be worth some product in the end...even if it is a crappy product no less.  I haven't checked this board for a while because I was feeling demoralized by the whole A:CM situation.  Now, i just want something (anything, really) from Gearbox.

As for my two cents about the article...it's obvious that Call of Duty owns the fps genre right not but its also true that there are still those out there (like me) that prefer shooters that are more "Sci-Fi" oriented.  It makes perfect sense for Activision to go after what's left of the naysayers of the CoD franchise by releasing a product that can truly go up against Halo and all of its clones.  But different publishers/developers create different games.  A:CM is still slated to be a Co-Op game last time I checked.  CoD will not be Co-Op based so the two games should be miles apart from each other in terms of gameplay mechanics...even if they are both set in deep space.

Brother

Brother

See it's when people prefer crappy products than something else is where things go wrong. Like in the case of the avp movies, I would have been much happier if they weren't made at all, as I'm sure many people would.

Brother

Brother

Doesn't matter for how long they were being made cause the time spent on a movie/game doesn't necessarily mean you'll get quality. It's ready when it's ready is always better than - deliver it even if it's broken/crappy.

The time it takes pissed everybody off, nobody is happy about it, not GBX not Sega not the fans. All we can do is wait, yelling at them won't move the game forward.

Ash 937

Ash 937

But the AvP movies weren't in development for as long as A:CM.  I said what I said with the assumption that the game is far enough along to be more than half-way decent.  Gearbox has already said the game is presentable and it's only Sega that's holding them back.

And why are you comparing the production cycle of a film to the production cycle of a video game anyway?  It's sort of like comparing apples and oranges to me.  I'd also like to know which people you know "preferred" the idea of crappy AvP films over good ones.  I don't think the fans had much to do with the way those movies turned out.

Brother

Brother

Quote from: Ash 937 on Nov 15, 2010, 06:56:51 PM
And why are you comparing the production cycle of a film to the production cycle of a video game anyway?  It's sort of like comparing apples and oranges to me.

Not comparing the production cycle, I said the time spent is pretty much irrelevant. I'm criticizing the "better rushed than nothing" attitude, backing it up with the avp movies - better no movies than crappy movies.

Quote from: Ash 937 on Nov 15, 2010, 06:56:51 PM
I'd also like to know which people you know "preferred" the idea of crappy AvP films over good ones.  I don't think the fans had much to do with the way those movies turned out.

I didn't say people preferred crappy movies over good ones. Again, no movies would have been better.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

We have waited this long enough, now we have to wait longer for DNF to be done with, we might as well wait until the game is 150% done.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Nov 16, 2010, 12:12:51 AM
We have waited this long enough, now we have to wait longer for DNF to be done with, we might as well wait until the game is 150% done.
I dont wanna rain on your parade but after DNF release, Gearbox will announce Borderlands 2, or some other "secret" project mentioned on their site.

Brother

Brother

And you know this..how?

WinterActual

WinterActual

Its obvious. If Gearbox were interested in A:CM they would announce A:CM officialy after the last Borderlands DLC at least. Or after Borderlands release, not after all DLCs, after announce of DNF and now HOPEFULY after its release. I am done with all this waiting, its pointless. Why they never released the last 3 screens in full resolution to the community? No reason right, or just these screens are nothing new, they are maybe months or years old and they are just bullshiting us. I bet its not MAYBE but its THEY ARE that old  ;)

Brother

Brother

So you are guessing, ok.

WinterActual

WinterActual

After DNF release you will remember this post and you will know that Im not quessing ;)

Brother

Brother

If you weren't guessing you would have given some info or a fact. You are guessing. And there a lot of people guessing and speculating for a long time, somebody is bound to be right about something sometime.

Ash 937

Ash 937

Is it a fact that some people are guessing that this game will never come out?   ::)

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Moss on Nov 17, 2010, 06:09:52 PM
Its obvious. If Gearbox were interested in A:CM they would announce A:CM officialy after the last Borderlands DLC at least. Or after Borderlands release, not after all DLCs, after announce of DNF and now HOPEFULY after its release. I am done with all this waiting, its pointless. Why they never released the last 3 screens in full resolution to the community? No reason right, or just these screens are nothing new, they are maybe months or years old and they are just bullshiting us. I bet its not MAYBE but its THEY ARE that old  ;)

A:CM has been announced officially... That's why we are all here... It was just too soon.

Which last 3 screens? The Halloween Party concept art or the Pax shots? Either way, they never said they would release them other than through PAX.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Ash 937 on Nov 18, 2010, 02:37:50 AM
Is it a fact that some people are guessing that this game will never come out?   ::)

I am guessing that it is indeed a fact.

::)  :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed