ACM Status Update #2

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 19, 2010, 11:24:40 AM

Author
ACM Status Update #2 (Read 156,978 times)

ikarop

ikarop

https://twitter.com/GAMEHempstead/status/296305839189405696

QuoteExperience FEAR on a big Screen. ALIENS COLONIAL MARINES preview evening at Cineworld in Ashford on 11/2/13 from 8pm

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm off that week but thats over a 3 hour drive for me. If I get a car by then xD

ikarop

Njm1983

Njm1983

QuoteFor more details on Aliens: Colonial Marines -- the canonical sequel to Aliens hitting Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC on February 12 – visit sega.com/alienscolonialmarines

Aftert reading that, Im gonna jump on the band wagon and say.... They are really stroking the "canon" thing to its maximum potential

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Njm1983 on Feb 01, 2013, 12:02:10 AM
QuoteFor more details on Aliens: Colonial Marines -- the canonical sequel to Aliens hitting Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC on February 12 – visit sega.com/alienscolonialmarines

Aftert reading that, Im gonna jump on the band wagon and say.... They are really stroking the "canon" thing to its maximum potential
It's been in every f**king interview I've read so far.

SM

SM

'Stroking' being the operative verb.  ;D

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Ugh...

Njm1983

Njm1983

QuoteUgh...

Yeah thats what occurs right after stroking the canon.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Which'll be their biggest downfall with fans, I think.

ikarop

ikarop

http://bigkidsteve.com/projects.html (Lead Level Designer)

AMC_Duke

AMC_Duke

Quote from: ikarop on Feb 01, 2013, 06:15:24 PM
http://bigkidsteve.com/projects.html (Lead Level Designer)

I would have more game modes and fodus less on the license and more on making a great fps  :-[ that sounds .... it makes me worry about the quality of that game

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

I'm not sure what this means but it doesn't sound good at least from this guys perspective.
-I would re-skin L4D with xenos and marines.
Does that mean everything including animations created for ACM are totally trash to HIM?  Thats too subjective.

-I would have put large player trigger scripted events in each map that would modify the flow of each level dramatically.
Something tells me that this game has a fairly consistent pace. Which isn't bad, but I guess he imagined more breathing room and a chance to do more interactive segments or something.

-i would have more game modes and focus less on the license and more on making a great FPS.
This probably means that there are far more shooting going on than there is an actual interactive game being played. hense the interactive segments could proabably have been pushed.

Thats just my perspective here. So far we havent seen any diary logs or interactive components of the game that breathe life into this story. I think there was a mention that we might meet Newts mother, but man, i would like to know how much more there is in this game.

Stringer2355

Stringer2355

"UE3 hates the PS3"   :(

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed