Just Talk.

Started by Amaterasu, Aug 22, 2013, 02:02:12 AM

Author
Just Talk. (Read 609,490 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Everybody and their brother breeds them down here in the south. People go on and on about how they're a misunderstood breed, and a month later their kids are in the obituaries.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

So loving.

Huggs

Huggs

Kibbles N Kids.

Happens everytime. And they always act so surprised.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Personally, I've noticed a lot of millennial women fell for the "pitbulls are wonderful and totally safe" meme, and the fact that the cohort is mostly now all in our thirties and thus likely to have small children around too doesn't fill me with confidence for the safety of those situations. Of course, plenty of guys my age own them too, but they tend more towards the type of tough-guy asshole you'd expect, while the middle class suburban mommy thing came as a surprise at first.

We also had a huge problem with pets being stolen as bait animals for truck-based mobile dog fighting (I'm serious) a few years ago. I stopped hearing about it a while back, but never heard about any arrests or results so I can only assume it's still going on but doesn't sell papers/clicks so dropped out of coverage.

Huggs

Huggs

Bait animals are also obtained through non-official adoption channels. Facebook, local websites, newspaper ads, and bulletin boards.

Until stricter laws are established and enforced, it's going to remain messy.

Kradan

Kradan

Checked messanger this morning only to find 1242 images of BTS posted in there

Jesus f**king Christ

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jun 21, 2020, 03:14:53 PM
Personally, I've noticed a lot of millennial women fell for the "pitbulls are wonderful and totally safe" meme, and the fact that the cohort is mostly now all in our thirties and thus likely to have small children around too doesn't fill me with confidence for the safety of those situations. Of course, plenty of guys my age own them too, but they tend more towards the type of tough-guy asshole you'd expect, while the middle class suburban mommy thing came as a surprise at first.

We also had a huge problem with pets being stolen as bait animals for truck-based mobile dog fighting (I'm serious) a few years ago. I stopped hearing about it a while back, but never heard about any arrests or results so I can only assume it's still going on but doesn't sell papers/clicks so dropped out of coverage.

That's horrifying  >:(  Hopefully that mobile fighting just wasn't profitable for those assholes and they quit doing it.  Pet theft is a problem where I'm at, but it's usually people stealing pure bread dogs and selling them either in the big city or keeping them as pets.  Don't see a lot of pitbulls, but lots of pitbull mixes.

Kradan

Kradan

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

New podcast episode on Gundam is up.

D. Compton Ambrose

D. Compton Ambrose

Got suspended from Twitter today. It was a first offense though, so hopefully it'll only be a few days  :'(

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

What did you do?

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 04, 2020, 09:47:49 AM
What did you do?

Knowing Twitter, he probably just pointed out that the grass is green and the sky is blue.

Kradan

Kradan

You're crossing the line with that one

Huggs

Huggs

?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed