Aliens 30th Anniversary: The Original Comics Series (Original Dark Horse sequel)

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 16, 2015, 06:20:23 PM

Author
Aliens 30th Anniversary: The Original Comics Series (Original Dark Horse sequel) (Read 41,256 times)

Corporal Hicks

Of course you can! It's bigger.  :P Does the LootCrate one come with the fore/afterwords, Lucky and the original pitch artwork?

426Buddy

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 01, 2016, 02:25:06 PM
Of course you can! It's bigger.  :P Does the LootCrate one come with the fore/afterwords, Lucky and the original pitch artwork?

Yep thats all included with the mini version

Perfect-Organism

What is this loot crate everyone is talking about?

426Buddy

Corporal Hicks

426Buddy

426Buddy

I just finished reading through my mini 30th anniversary hardcover. I've read this story many times since I was a kid, but only the colored library edition. Which of course has altered the names of Newt and Hicks to Billie and Wilks. So it was fairly interesting for me to finally read the original black and white version.

I think the story benefits from having the original names newt/Hicks, it just works better. When i was a kid it was jarring to me, not realizing that the comic had been altered until later.The art is so much better in black and white, the coloring for the later editions was really a disservice to the art overall. Everything included in this hardcover is just excellent and looks amazing.

A great edition to my collection

Prez

So I need your opinion fellow AvPGalaxy peeps.

I own both the original blue cover 1st edition trade and Omnibus edition.

Is there anything in the 30th Anniversary HC edition that would make me need to buy it??

Keep in mind I'm not made of money ;-)

Corporal Hicks

It's largely just presentation. There's some nice forewords and afterwords from Verheiden and Nelson. It also includes a one-off by the pair and some of the original pitch artwork irrc.

Prez

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 07, 2016, 08:12:12 AM
It's largely just presentation. There's some nice forewords and afterwords from Verheiden and Nelson. It also includes a one-off by the pair and some of the original pitch artwork irrc.

Cheers. I might get it simply so I can keep the first edition in mint condition.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed