Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 213,787 times)

Vrastal

Well im guessing theyll have to do lots of costume and set design and cgi and thats why its a 23-24 date.

Well im guessing theyll have to do lots of costume and set design and cgi and thats why its a 23-24 date.

[cancerblack]

So wait, if it does well and he's eager to return are we looking at another (due to sets already existing, slightly less) long f**king wait for any potential season 2?

Xenomorphine

There's that strange mention about it focusing on taking a, "deeper dive into the consequences of inequality," again.

Nightmare Asylum

Still don't get why that's strange. It's clearly being billed as a core part of the show, so why not mention it?

BlueMarsalis79

What's strange about it?

This' coming from the showrunner who put this:
https://youtu.be/e-vs13j5aF4

Front and centre and he's also the singer. No one ought to be surprised by his political viewpoints by now. And them also being prevalent in his work.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Aug 13, 2021, 09:59:13 PM
There's that strange mention about it focusing on taking a, "deeper dive into the consequences of inequality," again.

It's almost certainly gunna relate to wage-slavery, I don't see it being BLM IN SPAAACE or whatever people are worried about.

BlueMarsalis79

For reference the original version of the song's lyrics:
Spoiler

Everywhere is freaks and hairies
Dykes and fairies, tell me where is sanity?
Tax the rich, feed the poor
'Til there are no rich no more
I'd love to change the world
But I don't know what to do
So I'll leave it up to you
Population keeps on breeding
Nation bleeding, still more feeding economy
Life is funny, skies are sunny
Bees make honey, who needs money? Monopoly
Oh, yeah
World pollution, there's no solution
Institution, electrocution
Just black or white, rich or poor
Them and us, stop the war
[close]

Legion's version:
Spoiler

Everywhere is
Freaks and hairies
Creeps and scaries
Tell me, where is sanity?
Tax the rich
And feed the poor
Till there ain't no
Rich no more
Population
Keeps on breeding
Nation bleeding
Still more feeding
Life is funny
Skies are sunny
Bees make honey
Who needs money?
Who needs money?
More pollution
Is no solution
Institution
Electrocution
Spread the word
Rich and poor
Helping us to
Stop the war
Stop the war
Stop the war
[close]

Immortan Jonesy

Thanks for adding context. It seems very true to his vision indeed.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 13, 2021, 10:12:12 PM
Still don't get why that's strange. It's clearly being billed as a core part of the show, so why not mention it?

Well, it's not like we've never been there before anyway, with the whole "What about our lives, you son of a bitch?" and "Crew expendable". Or maybe I'm just reading too much on the 4 things Noah has said about the show so far.  :laugh:

I will sound very childish, but the wait is what really turns me off.  :-[

Voodoo Magic

Strange, as in it seems promotion is going more on the nose than say Alien '79 and corporate greed?

marrerom

QuoteTalking about how well Hawley's Alien would fit in, Landgraf commented that the show "will feel like a part of the cinematic universe you're familiar with in terms of Alien," further elaborating that "Noah's very conscious of the fact that there's a cinematic universe" but with "some inventiveness and originality that is uniquely Noah."

Oh thank Christ. I am not going to lie, whether or not this show fit into established canon was a deal breaker for me. I'm so glad I will be able to enjoy it now.

[cancerblack]

Kradan

It's one of these moments, when I'm not sure whether person is being sarcastic or genuine

[cancerblack]

No, this is what people really believe.

Huggs

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Aug 13, 2021, 10:18:03 PM

It's almost certainly gunna relate to wage-slavery, I don't see it being BLM IN SPAAACE or whatever people are worried about.

Spoiler
"An elite squad of non-white single-parent trans mothers, equipped with gender pronouns and sea level statistics are dispatched to rescue the first human colony on Planet Obama"
[close]

David Weyland

David Weyland

Could partly be about android/ai inequality & all that jazz again

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed