AVP3 Ideas

Started by Originalsin, Jun 06, 2007, 08:25:09 PM

Author
AVP3 Ideas (Read 359,405 times)

SiL

SiL

Predator - in space. Special forces go on a mission to a colony. Find Aliens and Predators. Carnage ensues. Last act is "Predator" but human vs Alien vs Predator 3-way cat and mouse.

Simple, clean, but with great potential for action and horror.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

It's kind of funny, AvP is showing up randomly all over my youtube suggested videos.  I would not be surprised if it was rebooted by Disney.  Especially with Prey doing well. 

I DO NOT want an Alien movie set in ancient times though.  Even an AvP movie. 

PsyKore

PsyKore

The worst part about the last AvP movies has been the human characters. If they could be written well with dialogue that doesn't make you cringe, then I think it could come out great regardless of the setting.. But I am definitely all for it being set in the future AL()ENS era. Because that just makes more sense.

Also, if the Predator could NOT team up with humans and not be a hero that's invincible to acid, that would be great. F**kin' hell..

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: SiL on Aug 18, 2022, 06:57:14 AMPredator - in space. Special forces go on a mission to a colony. Find Aliens and Predators. Carnage ensues. Last act is "Predator" but human vs Alien vs Predator 3-way cat and mouse.

Simple, clean, but with great potential for action and horror.
I like this.  In your vision, did the Predators release the facehuggers on the unsuspecting colonists?

SiL

SiL

In the old script, no. It was a human EEV that had eggs in it that the Predators were keeping an eye on.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

AvP ideas hmmm let's see

- first off huge crazyass demolisher queen that's like a staple

- a Predator exploring a Giger landscape, stalking an explorer squad of Aliens and taking them out one by one using long-range and close-range weapons. Preferably with disc and spear throws, as well as some good old wristblade to the face, uncaring of the acid blood's effects

- a fight wherein an Alien tail-slaps a Predator's mask off, the Predator's head turns back and we can see a huge gash on it, it doesn't care and keeps going

- absolutely no Marines thanks perhaps an armored special elite force or a couple armored space cops but no military as MCs. Hell, I'd do away with humans altogether, it's about the battle royale anyway, perhaps a curious observer synthetic as the MC? Or Something like that. If there are humans at all, they should come out on top using wit to lure the creatures into each other instead of them

- a panicked Predator firing all over the place at a swarm of Aliens coming through a tight tunnel like sewer sludge, killing some, but eventually he gets hand-to-hand with just one of them who mauls him to death

- three Predators teaming up against a huge Anderson-size Alien Queen, perhaps with three different body types

- a Predator leaving another Predator to die at the hands of Aliens, only for the second Predator to come back with a vengeance and Alien carapace for armour to spine rip his ex-friend

- some Predator to Predator interaction, like one more insane Predator going at it like hell while another saves the former from being killed by a sneak attack (using the disc, of course)

- aesthetics borrowed and expanded from Predator 2 and Alien principally, but also from other films - show biodiversity in both species

- City Hunter returning with a robot arm and chest, as a battle-worn Elder observing the to-be Elder Predators going at it with the ultimate trial to become Elders

- an invisible Predator slaughtering a couple Aliens before a third one pinpoints him and spits acid at him, taking out his cover and taking him on

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: PsyKore on Aug 27, 2022, 11:39:42 AMThe worst part about the last AvP movies has been the human characters. If they could be written well with dialogue that doesn't make you cringe, then I think it could come out great regardless of the setting.. But I am definitely all for it being set in the future AL()ENS era. Because that just makes more sense.

Also, if the Predator could NOT team up with humans and not be a hero that's invincible to acid, that would be great. F**kin' hell..

I don't even know if I'd call the humans in either AvP movie characters.  More like cardboard.  It is very hard to make people sound like actual human beings talking, but by god, my I spent three minutes writing these characters fanfictions shouldn't sound better than a professional playwright.  That was a HUGE reason AvP, AvP2 and Prometheus were terrible.  I didn't care about anybody, and nobody was believable.  Covenant even had this issue, but some background issues were fixed to make it at least slightly more watchable. 

For some reason when I think an Alien movie set in humanities past, the very first image that comes into my mind is a samurai vs an Alien.  I think this is a direct influence of Predator lore embedded in my head over the years taking the EU version of the pred and putting it in human form. 

I don't know that it wouldn't work...........it just feels very familiar already.  If you start replacing the samurai with any swordsman from a different era or country it still seems familiar.

Maybe something closer to Roanoke era timeline...........but then you are playing with something Prey has done.  You start getting more modern and then you just have alien without the predator.  It could still be a good alien film, but everybody is going to remember AvP. 

Cougerboy

Cougerboy

I am beginning to think, heck maybe it would be been better off to just adapt the storyline from AVP2 the 2001 video game published by Sierra than the sorry-excuse-for-a-plot that we got in the AVP films. Ha, its not everyday where even a game storyline is better than a movie storyline...

Master

Master

A want them to fish up my Queen. After  that they can do whatever they want.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That was a plan for one potential AvP3...

SiL

SiL

It sure was  :-X

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Okay, I guess it was the plan for 2 in that case...lol

SiL

SiL

No I think we're both thinking the same outline.

Master

Master

Can you elaborate guys?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I need to actually double-check what was put out into the public regarding that one before I comment any further.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed