Alien 3: A Sore Subject for Michael Biehn & Sigourney Weaver mourns "Hicks"

Started by Voodoo Magic, Aug 02, 2019, 08:16:36 PM

Author
Alien 3: A Sore Subject for Michael Biehn & Sigourney Weaver mourns "Hicks" (Read 32,705 times)

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Drukathi on Aug 06, 2019, 04:36:20 PM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Aug 06, 2019, 03:15:28 PM
Alien movies don't care about people's feelings.

This is the main reason why Ripley's resurrection also a good decision.

Dude I enjoy the movie we ended up with (in spite of a lot of factors, not because of them), but c'mon man it wasn't a good decision. It was an awful one that fell ass-backwards into a movie that's much more watchable than it has any right to be.

SM

I think it was a good decision, that wasn't fully realised.

Drukathi

Drukathi

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Aug 06, 2019, 09:06:16 PM
Dude I enjoy the movie we ended up with (in spite of a lot of factors, not because of them), but c'mon man it wasn't a good decision. It was an awful one that fell ass-backwards into a movie that's much more watchable than it has any right to be.

Well, I agree. So many disgusting visual decisions. Eggs, "hive", Newborn, Ripleys 1-7... But I think Ron Perlman saved all the fun.

The Old One

The Old One

It isn't even an adequate decision.
Regardless of the degree of realisation.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Drukathi on Aug 06, 2019, 09:28:18 PM

Well, I agree. So many disgusting visual decisions. Eggs, "hive", Newborn, Ripleys 1-7... But I think Ron Perlman saved all the fun.

I love Ron Perlman, but Ron had no business being casted in a Alien film in my humble opinion. Blade 2? Perfect. Hellboy? Perfect. Sons of Anarchy? Perfect. A Predator film in an alternate reality? Perfect. But not Alien.

Kimarhi

your opinions

plus fifield avatar

best stealth trolling in a long time

10/10

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kimarhi on Aug 07, 2019, 04:16:29 AM

your opinions

plus fifield avatar

10/10

That's bullshit but I believe it.

Drukathi

Drukathi

Quote from: Kimarhi on Aug 07, 2019, 04:16:29 AM

your opinions

plus fifield avatar

10/10

LOL. :laugh:
Well, if you find the image of "drukathi" - let me know.

About my opinion about AR - it's pretty funny film, but with disgusting visual details. As I said: stirring eggs, the "hive" design, Newborn - it's pure ugliness. Other moments: Wren eat pasta from a Ripley plate, Call removes the "snot" (plug for the modem) from her hand, and, of course Newborn's death, some another moments. I think, I have clearly explained my attitude to AR. :)

P.S. Sorry for off-topic.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Drukathi on Aug 07, 2019, 09:57:45 AM
Well, if you find the image of "drukathi" - let me know.

No fanart of those so far. I would be interested in seeing some of them.

The Old One

The Old One

Dead Space Alien esque I imagine. 

Highland

Could have still had Alien 3 (4) after another Hicks and Newt story. I like Alien 3, pretty much always have, still think it was a mistake to kill em off though.

Rez is just ok. I think Ripley could star in AVPR2 "Aliens on a Plane" and half the Alien fans would dig it because she's in it.

The Old One

The Old One

Nah, I think it's the right decision-
I always loved the 1, 2, 3 bang of it.
Plus the purpose of their existence finished with the end of Ripley's arc, in my opinion.

Perfect-Organism

I would say it's somewhat because when you came into this world you already had Alien, Aliens and Alien 3 available to see in one fell swoop.  Many of us were heavily invested in Aliens and we're waiting for years to see what sort of adventure Ripley and friends will get into next.  The payoff fell short of expectations to say the least.

Kimarhi

I can understand those feels.

Aliens was my favorite movie for more than a decade.

But despite Aliens coming out a year after I was born, I didn't see them till in the 90's.  And I watched them rapid fire and out of order.

Aliens, Alien 3, and then Alien. 

So Even though I was around,  I wasn't affected by the wait. 

Huggs

Saw aliens first. The original next. Then Alien 3 on tv one night, thus that love affair began.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed