Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance

Started by RidgeTop, Sep 30, 2015, 06:29:00 AM

Author
Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance (Read 193,607 times)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 11, 2016, 07:18:25 AMYou think? I thought the style was so notably not Tristan. I do like it though. Couldn't tell you why though, as I'm finding it so very different.

Yeah, I think it looks pretty notably different.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Aug 11, 2016, 07:35:36 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 10, 2016, 04:38:33 PM
Quote from: Nostromo on Aug 10, 2016, 04:01:00 PM
Cool, thx. Would be nice to get him on an AvP Galaxy podcast in the future. He also mentioned recently he'd like to start doing his own writing.

I messaged him a while back but he didn't reply. I think he's probably just really busy. I've not really seen him do many podcast.

Sorry about that! It's been nuts on my end for personal and profesh reasons... email me at tristan dot h dot jones at gmail dot com!

No worries! I figured you were just slammed. Thanks. I'll drop you an email shortly.  :)

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 11, 2016, 07:18:25 AM
The interview with Tristan is up! Just about to listen. http://chatflixpodcast.com.au/episode-9-aliens/ or if you want the direct link: http://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/8/9/e/89eb664891a39a25/Aliens_Master_1.mp3

I'm still listening but so far it's focused more on the discussion of Aliens with some tidbits about Defiance in there. Tristan did drop an interesting piece of info and that's that since Prometheus everything is run past Ridley. He was never one to really be interested in the EU so I thought this was pretty interesting to know!

Ooooh. Controversial rating on Aliens there from Tristan!  :P Not wrong either. Aliens is so structurally similar to Alien!

We'll also be seeing more guest artwork for #8 and #9.

Nostromo

;D

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 11, 2016, 08:28:14 AMTristan did drop an interesting piece of info and that's that since Prometheus everything is run past Ridley. He was never one to really be interested in the EU so I thought this was pretty interesting to know!

That is interesting!

SpreadEagleBeagle

Is the comic out yet? Has anyone read it yet? Anyone here willing to jot down a little review or something? The art looks amazing and the premise of the story sound great.

Nostromo

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Aug 13, 2016, 07:55:58 PM
Is the comic out yet? Has anyone read it yet? Anyone here willing to jot down a little review or something? The art looks amazing and the premise of the story sound great.

Issue #3? It's coming out this Wednesday and issue #4 Aug. 30.

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Nostromo on Aug 13, 2016, 09:42:12 PM
Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Aug 13, 2016, 07:55:58 PM

Issue #3? It's coming out this Wednesday and issue #4 Aug. 30.

It's out already? Wow! I thought that ALIENS: Defiance was still a work in progress project. Why has it been so quiet about this one around the forums, it seems amazing.

Nostromo

Heh, it's been out a while, since April. But they skipped June and July so it got quiet.

Check them out: https://www.darkhorse.com/Search/Aliens%3A+Defiance+

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Nostromo on Aug 13, 2016, 10:13:13 PM
Heh, it's been out a while, since April. But they skipped June and July so it got quiet.

Oh, ok, that explain things. Well, I guess I'll just have to go and get me a copy see for myself.

426Buddy

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Aug 13, 2016, 11:09:49 PM
Quote from: Nostromo on Aug 13, 2016, 10:13:13 PM

Oh, ok, that explain things. Well, I guess I'll just have to go and get me a copy see for myself.

You won't be disappointed, one of the best already and its only 2 issues in. I can't say enough about how awesome the artwork is and the story thus far is very intriguing.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Aug 13, 2016, 09:53:42 PMIt's out already? Wow! I thought that ALIENS: Defiance was still a work in progress project. Why has it been so quiet about this one around the forums, it seems amazing.

???

We've been talking about it and signing its praises quite a bit. Just look back through this thread.

Mr. Clemens

I missed issue #1, and the guy at the comics shop I visited said he could order it in no problem, taking about a week. That was like six weeks ago, but I haven't been on their case since I don't really know how this comic stuff works. Is issue #1 all gone?

Nostromo

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Aug 14, 2016, 10:08:32 PM
I missed issue #1, and the guy at the comics shop I visited said he could order it in no problem, taking about a week. That was like six weeks ago, but I haven't been on their case since I don't really know how this comic stuff works. Is issue #1 all gone?
Nah they're not gone, just call the guy tell him to get you issue 1 2 and 3.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Nostromo on Aug 14, 2016, 11:52:17 PM
Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Aug 14, 2016, 10:08:32 PM
Nah they're not gone, just call the guy tell him to get you issue 1 2 and 3.

You're going to love it.  I read each issue several times already.

Mr. Clemens

I do have issue 2, and I love it. Just gotta get my hands on #1...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed