Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance

Started by RidgeTop, Sep 30, 2015, 06:29:00 AM

Author
Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance (Read 192,513 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Spoiler
Yeah, Correct.
[close]

Nukiemorph

Alright then.  No answers.  This comic series really is a mess.  :P

Is it possible that the queen left some royal jelly inside of Hollis that contained microscopic alien eggs... or something?

I enjoyed this series and it would be really nice if it made sense.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: David's Creation on Feb 03, 2019, 09:38:28 PM
I enjoyed this series and it would be really nice if it made sense.

Haha, I feel much the same- despite being really into it at first (Kudos to Tristan Jones)
the more I look back on it the less I like it.
It has a lot of problems that could be potentially fixed by a sequel though, which means Resistance has a lot riding on it.
We'll see.

SM

SM

Quote from: The Cruentus on Feb 02, 2019, 11:52:59 AM
Spoiler
The alien was already removed though, the only reason they operated on Hollis for was for the remaining alien biological material left over in her system.
[close]

Spoiler
That.
[close]

A few clunky bits doesn't make it "a mess".

Nukiemorph

I looked over the final issue again.

Zula says "They killed her?"
Dr. Yang says WY "were determined to get their sample."
I guess this implies that they completely took her apart to get everything they could, with absolutely no regard for her survival.

But I still don't quite understand Zula's release.

She admits to going AWOL, disobeying orders, destroying company property, and killing fellow soldiers.  When asked why she did it, she basically says "Ask the director if he knows what he's after, because I do, and it's dangerous."  Then they dismiss her, patch up her back, and offer her a job?  I guess she refuses and they let her go with a tracking device?

I'm sorry, but I don't follow any of this.

SM

SM

Hollis, being on a station where everyone was killed, was easier to dispose of.

Local Trouble

So they let Zula skate in exchange for her silence?

Perfect-Organism

Zula would be sooooo toast!  She killed other marines.

SM

SM

Those marines were trying to obtain Alien specimens, as directed by some people very high up in USCM.

Nukiemorph

Right, so why would the marines just let her off for it?

I feel like there's a lot of political shit and company structure between the marines and WY that I'm just not getting...  I figured everyone in the marines was in WY's pocket and it was as simple as that, (in this particular series anyway).

And maybe "a mess" is a bit harsh, but I'm being more critical on Defiance than I would with most other comics because it's connected to the new Amanda stuff, which is all we're getting lately.  I want to lap up the #ReadPlayWatch stuff like a starving dog. :P

SM

SM

I'm not sure they're going to summarily execute her either.

QuoteI feel like there's a lot of political shit and company structure between the marines and WY that I'm just not getting...  I figured everyone in the marines was in WY's pocket and it was as simple as that, (in this particular series anyway).

Erudite.  ;)

The Old One

The Old One

Boy, does Resistance have a lot riding on it.

Nukiemorph

I have a feeling Resistance is just going to forge ahead and not look back to clarify anything in the past.

Corporal Hicks

I haven't had a chance to listen to yet but here's Clara's interview with Tristan: https://yutani.studio/2019/02/18/creatives-tristan-jones-comic-artist-and-character-designer/

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 18, 2019, 09:48:31 AM
I haven't had a chance to listen to yet but here's Clara's interview with Tristan: https://yutani.studio/2019/02/18/creatives-tristan-jones-comic-artist-and-character-designer/

Loving the Australian vibe on this one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed