Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 748,815 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Samhain13 on Dec 11, 2019, 12:56:49 PM
And I was sure we were gonna finish 2019 without bringing this thread back.

There's no stopping what can't be stopped. No killing what can't be killed.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Not even the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants could stop it.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Huggs on Dec 12, 2019, 12:37:31 AM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Dec 11, 2019, 12:56:49 PM
And I was sure we were gonna finish 2019 without bringing this thread back.

There's no stopping what can't be stopped. No killing what can't be killed.

Rankles75

Rankles75

SM

SM

QuoteNo joke, I've been waiting on this bump lol. It will not die, for better or worse haha. 

Alien Primordial Origin

Alien Primordial Origin

I have a feeling that a new Alien film that will erasing Alien 3 out of the canon can happen anytme soon, with or without Neil Blomkamp (and James Cameron).

The Old One

The Old One

Never happening, because it's a bad idea to de-canonise a good film, one that's inspired the best content that's come out of the franchise in the past years.

Alien Primordial Origin

Alien Primordial Origin

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Dec 12, 2019, 02:48:47 AM
Never happening.
How do you know that lol

SM

SM

Quote from: Alien Primordial Origin on Dec 12, 2019, 02:42:32 AM
I have a feeling that a new Alien film that will erasing Alien 3 out of the canon can happen anytme soon, with or without Neil Blomkamp (and James Cameron).

Wouldn't surprise me.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Dec 12, 2019, 02:50:42 AM

Wouldn't surprise me.

My search-fu fails me at the moment, but didn't you once say that the people at Fox were for it?

The Old One

The Old One

James Stokoe's (Including cryotube deaths, a mention of an outbreak of cholera and a ventilation grab) Dead Orbit, Kelsey Taylor's Specimen and Alex White's The Cold Forge, all the best things in ALIEN in their respective mediums since the first three Alien films, and all the creators exist as self proclaimed proponents of the last film in that Trilogy, the last time we got someone who wanted to retcon the last film in that Trilogy, we got Aliens Colonial Marines.

The RPG also uses the ending of it, and Morse's account as a major jumping off point.

Hollywood is ageist, and for once, that's a good thing.

SM

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 12, 2019, 02:54:55 AM
Quote from: SM on Dec 12, 2019, 02:50:42 AM

Wouldn't surprise me.

My search-fu fails me at the moment, but didn't you once say that the people at Fox were for it?

I think there was talk at one point of just keeping Alien and Aliens and using them as the jumping off point for EU stuff.

The Old One

The Old One

Somehow I doubt Disney is planning on declaring everything but them non-canon, while profit exists to be created off the rest- it's just pointless from their perspective when it never was a Star Wars level franchise in popularity, and that's clearly not the active plan judging by the RPG.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I think Marvel (and therefore Disney) is still profiting from republished SW Legends material, but that doesn't mean it's canon.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Epic_Collection

SM

SM

Dark Horse is still doing it with the old collected Aliens and AvP comics, same as Titan repackaging and republishing the novels.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed