Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 748,019 times)

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

The fire was triggered by the facehuggers acid burning a hole into some electrical systems in the sub flooring.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

What if the super facehugger was already on fury 161? The alien egg on the Sulaco was tiny because it wasn't traditionally nourished by the queen, like a pocket knife and simply f**ked up after impregnating Ripley by causing the fire aboard the Sulaco. After the EEV crashes it bumps an abandon egg on the sea floor, awakening the new type of hugger. Hell we don't know if these eggs aren't waterproof? If Alien, Prometheus and Covenant taught me anything about the engineers, it's that they love to crash their space ships loaded with alien cargo all over the galaxy. Hence there is the possibility that a derelict is buried in the mud. Well that's enough stupid for tonight.  :-*

Vermillion

Vermillion

Still worst plot hole in movie going history.

Back and to the left
Back and to the left.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

That was one of the most hilarious things related to an Alien conversation I have ever read, thank you whiterabbit!

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

yeah but he/she makes a solid point though. that egg in the sulaco was tiny. the facehugger was effing gigantic. something's not right there.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: cliffhanger on Jan 29, 2017, 06:35:36 PMthat egg in the sulaco was tiny.

What do you base that on?

There's nothing in that shot to really compare it to. There's certainly nothing to show it's supposed to be smaller than usual.

Alien³

Alien³

I'm still sticking with this...

Spoiler
Quote from: Alien³ on Jan 11, 2014, 12:33:39 AM
This is a little piece called I've got some time to kill.

This is a theory of how the egg got on board the Sulaco.
I didn't come up with this theory but I have detailed it further.

Things to remember before reading:

• This only takes into account the Assembly Cut of Alien 3.
  • The writers of the film never included any of this.
  • Spoiler
    Life's too short.
    [close]

As the Queen leaves the hive after Ripley has destroyed it, one of the "Royal" facehuggers...

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120626192517/avp/images/a/a7/Royal_Facehugger.png

...climbs on her back.

As Ripley, Newt, and Bishop are attending Hicks in the dropship, before they walk out into this shot...

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/gallery/albums/movies/aliens/dvdcaptures/dvdcapture521.jpg

...the Queen lays an emergency egg on top of the Royal facehugger which then carries it off into the hull of the Sulaco. The Royal facehugger is built to carry eggs, like so...

http://i39.tinypic.com/oupkz7.jpg
(Egg size is debatable.)

...The only onscreen evidence for these Royal facehuggers carrying eggs is the fact that the eggs are placed all over the ground in the hive (seen in Aliens.)

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/gallery/albums/movies/aliens/dvdcaptures/dvdcapture478.jpg

I am aware that the drones/warriors can carry the eggs, but for the sake of argument these Royal facehuggers can also carry eggs in order to move them to more secretive locations, which is evident in the opening of Alien 3...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v94/avpgalaxy/avpg/forum/image002.jpg

So the egg hatches and the facehugger from the egg...

(You can see it's not a Royal facehugger)

...impregnates Ripley causing the fire that ejects the EEV to Fiorina 161. Along for the ride is the Royal facehugger, which impregnates the Ox and is later found by Murphy.

This theory can also be backed up by the sound of the scuttling facehugger at the end of Aliens, after the credits.

For me personally this is how it went down.
[close]

... 8)

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

you can see in the opening of Alien3 the corridor where the egg is located to the cieling. check from the 14 second mark.

https://youtu.be/MhT4JbWscwI?t=14s

you have the light in the middle, and the structural beams. concidering the corridor surely is not the size of a warehouse, but probably only a bit bigger than the corridors in the NOSTROMO for example, then seeing the egg is only in a tiny corner in comparison to the size of the beams and the width of the lights in the cieling, as far as i PERSONALLY believe,
is that the egg is really, really TINY.

anyway,

something i also forgot, was that one of the survivors of the SULACO had a chestburster birthing.

check out the 31 second mark.

https://youtu.be/MhT4JbWscwI?t=31s

this must have been hicks, as ripley was in one piece and alive, newt was dead but her body intact, and bishop obviously wouldn't be birthing a chestburster nor would he have red blood.

ripley also got facehugged as we know, and in the intro, we see a gigantic facehugger crawling up to her cryo. it's speculated that the queen takes a much longer time to burst, but that's not the biggest importance here.

both hicks and ripley get facehugged.
we only see a facehugger crawling up ripley's cryo, then the glass cracks, and presumably, the glass cuts the facehugger which causes its acidic blood to damage the area and cause smoke to set off the alarm.

we then see a catscan-like 3D view of a fachugger impregnating a crewmember with a chestburster. we assume it to be ripley, and it can be ripley, but it can just as much be hicks.
undeniable fact however is that one crewmembers fabric [clothes] gets bloodshed and accompanied by the sound of a chestburster trying to pop.

in the end of aliens, you clearly see Hicks wearing the white fabric on his chest, that is the exact same fabric we see get bloodsoaked by a chestburster in the alien3 opening.

then the cryopods move to a escape pod, and crashland to the planet of alien3.

during alien 3, we discover bishop is damaged even further. newt was dead but in one piece, she drowned, but had no alien inside of her.
ripley survived, and hicks was dead.

iirc, a beam hit him? and mutilated his remains. this however covers up that he had been chestbursted.

a fact that cannot be denied. hicks was chestbursted BEFORE he was boarded on the escape pod.

that means an ALIEN is now ABOARD the SULACO.
we dont know what happened to the SULACO, it was never mentioned during Alien Resurection either.

whatever happened to the SULACO is a mistery, but there is one undeniable fact:
there IS an alien aboard.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: cliffhanger on Jan 29, 2017, 08:24:44 PMyou can see in the opening of Alien3 the corridor where the egg is located to the cieling.

you have the light in the middle, and the structural beams. concidering the corridor surely is not the size of a warehouse, but probably only a bit bigger than the corridors in the NOSTROMO for example, then seeing the egg is only in a tiny corner in comparison to the size of the beams and the width of the lights in the cieling, as far as i PERSONALLY believe,

Who says it's a corridor?

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 29, 2017, 08:47:15 PM
Quote from: cliffhanger on Jan 29, 2017, 08:24:44 PMyou can see in the opening of Alien3 the corridor where the egg is located to the cieling.

Who says it's a corridor?

rather looks like one. just look at the repetitive shape of the 'supports' and the lights on the cieling running to the back, and then on the right side the shape is the same. corridor if you tell me. anyway, i think the egg looks tiny, but perhaps thats just me.

still,

there is no denying and no way around that hicks got chestbursted.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: cliffhanger on Jan 29, 2017, 09:03:49 PM
there is no denying and no way around that hicks got chestbursted.

SM said it could only be Hicks.

SM

SM

Taking the scene at face value it can only be Hicks who's hugged.

I never said he was chestbursted.  Probably 'cos his chest isn't bursted.

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

we don't see that actually happening, as it is cut away right before the event. but it is clear that it actually must have happened.

again, that means an alien is aboard the sulaco.

SM

SM

Quotebut it is clear that it actually must have happened.

No, it isn't.

Quoteagain, that means an alien is aboard the sulaco.

There was a hugger, yes.

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

Quote from: SM on Jan 29, 2017, 09:30:38 PM
Quotebut it is clear that it actually must have happened.

No, it isn't.

Quoteagain, that means an alien is aboard the sulaco.

There was a hugger, yes.

are you delibaretly being ignorant or blind?

did you or did you not see the youtube vid and did you or did you not see a white fabric which MUST be of one of the people in the cryochambers,
and fitting with what hicks wore at the end of aliens, get completely soaked in blood, suggesting a chestburster escaping?

did you or did you not see that the chronologic order of these events show that this happened BEFORE the EEV was catapulted away from the SULACO, thus the bursting happened BEFORE the impact on the prison planet and thus BEFORE a beam could have crushed hicks?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed