Its gonna be David Inside the first space jockey from Alien

Started by Inverse Effect, Apr 16, 2021, 06:37:17 AM

Author
Its gonna be David Inside the first space jockey from Alien (Read 7,846 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 17, 2021, 11:25:40 PM
Because of this?

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 21, 2008, 10:40:43 PM
I smoke when I'm absolutely shit-faced. Social-smoking, so it's called. Nothing overly social about it.

Oh no  :laugh: he just said he would leave the site if Ridley made David the space jockey. I think it was on a podcast. 🤔

Edit~ And the cigarette thing is, you know, like when a father goes out to buy cigarettes and never comes back.  :'(

Nightmare Asylum

As it stands, I feel like I'm David and Ridley offered to go out and buy me a new flute back in 2017... but he still hasn't come back with the flute Covenant sequel. :-[

Inverse Effect

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 17, 2021, 09:41:45 AM
Quote from: Trash Queen on Apr 16, 2021, 02:55:28 PM
If he goes ahead with another I think he might benefit from someone fighting him over stuff like this honestly.

That seems to be the biggest problem with the prequels. He's not being pushed back again.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 16, 2021, 06:30:01 PM
I didn't even know AvPG was that old.  Wasn't Hicks just a teenager back then?

AvPG has been around since 2002. Darkness closed the site in 2004 after AvP. I wasn't working on AvPG at the time, I used to run my own website, but we were all friends. I think I quit out around 05 when the AICN review of AvPR came out. Then Darkness brought the website back towards the end of 2008, I joined up with him then.

Off-topic, but with what you said about the website going offline etc  i'd like to say when i was in school for HTML code lessons, i used this website as reference for my classes <3

Kradan

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 17, 2021, 09:15:20 PM
I can kind of understand if it was AVP:R. That would make anyone want to quit the fandom.

That's what I can't wrap my mind around too

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 17, 2021, 09:24:57 PM
AVP stuff can't make one want to quit the fandom if they view AVP stuff as a totally separate fandom. ;)

And yet here we all are, united under the AVP banner.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 17, 2021, 10:02:07 PM
It would be complete and total bedlam here.

I can't wait.

Isn't that why you originally joined here? To witness the bedlam after ACM's release?  :laugh:

Local Trouble

Yes, and I was not disappointed.  I'm surprised Darkness didn't close the site back then too.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Darkness is probably so jaded by now, nothing much ruffles him anymore.

At least now we know why you want people to forgive Randy so much.
He did provide you with a lot of entertainment after all...

Nightmare Asylum

This is Randy's visualization of David engaged in an "epic space battle:"

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 18, 2021, 04:48:04 PM
Yes, and I was not disappointed.  I'm surprised Darkness didn't close the site back then too.

Give me the highlight reel please.

Local Trouble

Strangely, nothing specific from the time of release comes to mind.  It would be like trying to choose the best part of a mushroom cloud.

Years later, it did inspire one of my all-time favorite posts on AvPG though...

Spoiler
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 21, 2019, 08:28:18 AM
Man, f**k this game and Pitchford.
[close]

Immortan Jonesy

So much disappointments have turned him into an unstoppable supernatural force. I hope I'm not the next one on his schelude.

:-\ ouch!  :'(

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 18, 2021, 05:10:34 PM
This is Randy's visualization of David engaged in an "epic space battle:"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dct01j2DdHI

No one understands the lonely perfection of Randy's dreams. He envisioned the Elders returning, like the Titan Prometheus, to punish David for so much aberration and the genocide towards their people.  :'(

Huggs

I wasn't aware Randy had anything to do with the game.

judge death

I wouldnt be surprised if Ridley would make David be the space jockey in the end.... Like hicks I would be pissed off at another horrible rewrite of established lore like covenant tried until novel and other sources and partly the movie too, dismissed, but can understand zed and other hardcore alien fans I hang with left the franchise due to it.

This or a reboot or decanonise part of the franchise like disney did with star wars will piss me off, just as Marvel if the alpha xeno is a kerrigan wannabe and its canon, just as hard tot ake as space jockey is david.... Dont piss off fans as critical drinker said and why established canon and lore is important for older fans and holding the franchise together in the end:

BlueMarsalis79

David created the Alien.

Local Trouble

But that upsets people.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed