Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 749,197 times)

S.E.B.

S.E.B.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 25, 2022, 03:25:45 AM
Quote from: S.E.B. on Dec 24, 2022, 06:56:45 AMALIEN 3 is still my second favorite out of all the Alien movies, with ALIEN always being number one.
You kinda remind me of SpreadEagleBeagle.  The resemblance is uncanny.

The force is strong with this one  8)

Quote from: Its_Auto on Dec 25, 2022, 02:25:20 AMGonna keep reiterating (it's that time of year, right?) - most sensible explanation for the egg is another story set between Aliens and Alien 3 that we haven't seen yet. Somewhere during those events / that story, the Sulaco is compromised. Somewhere during those events, there is a crash landing into the drop ship bay, damaging the adjacent cryo chamber, forcing Ripley and Co to use the civilian cryo chamber in the lower decks, accounting for the difference in design of the entire room and the tubes. This also gives the 'Alien 5' fan crowd their Ripley, Hicks and Newt story they are craving, whilst not contradicting anything seen/said in Alien 3 for those of us who know the third movie is fine art. No more magic egg, leaking queen vagina, egg growing from bishops legs, etc etc..no more 'dream sequences' required... no more ripples in the water.. 😁👍

Quote from: S.E.B. on Dec 24, 2022, 06:56:45 AMALIEN 3 is still my second favorite out of all the Alien movies, with ALIEN always being number one.

Ahh, I see you are a man of culture as well.. 😁👍

I like the way you think and I agree with you a 100%!

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I thought for SpreadEagleBeagle ALIEN3 is number one🤔

Anyway, welcome back!😅

S.E.B.

S.E.B.

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Dec 25, 2022, 08:01:38 AMI thought for SpreadEagleBeagle ALIEN3 is number one🤔

Anyway, welcome back!😅

Thank you, it feels good to be back!

ALIEN and A3 have always been neck to neck, but in the end ALIEN is a more solid movie. With that said, my love for A3 just keeps growing every time I watch it.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: S.E.B. on Dec 26, 2022, 09:39:53 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Dec 25, 2022, 08:01:38 AMI thought for SpreadEagleBeagle ALIEN3 is number one🤔

Anyway, welcome back!😅

ALIEN and A3 have always been neck to neck, but in the end ALIEN is a more solid movie. With that said, my love for A3 just keeps growing every time I watch it.

But what about Aliens though?

Acid_Reign161

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

But where did the egg come from?! >:(

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 27, 2022, 03:32:51 AMBut where did the egg come from?! >:(

Well, that's easy... *clears throat*

Picture the scene: Hadley's Hope, LV-426

Supply ship docked at the loading bay. The crew are debating the wild shit they've overheard at the bar - rumours of some colonist wildcatter being brought in with some sort of animal on his face - got the whole medlab area quarantined - captain thinks it's a crock of shit, there's no life on this rock, besides, this is their last supply run after an 8 month stint - will be back in the freezers in several hours, far away from this hellhole - 3 months leave with a tidy paycheque.

*several hours later*

Final flight checks underway, last of the empty supply crates back in the hold..

*alarm sirens* some chatter on the bridge comms from Hadley Control about initiating lockdown procedures. f**k that shit - no way in hell spending another second on this shithole. Time to roll.

Perhaps had they not been distracted by Hadley Control barking down the radio that they weren't clear for takeoff, they might have noticed on the crt monitor, the pink snake-like object slithering across the loading bay door as it sealed..

**One month later**

USCM Sulaco, return journey from LV-426,
Destination: Gateway Station
Personal: 3 Crew, 1 Civilian

*monitor flickers in cryo chamber*

[Incoming Distress Beacon: Weyland Yutani Colonial Supply Ship 7462. Location: Artemis Mining Station, LV-419. Sulaco rerouted to assist.]

*cue story between Aliens and Alien 3 which results in egg on Sulaco*

S.E.B.

S.E.B.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 26, 2022, 10:58:23 PM
Quote from: S.E.B. on Dec 26, 2022, 09:39:53 PM

Anyway, welcome back!😅

But what about Aliens though?

Isn't this thread about the Egg on Sulaco?  ;D

Kradan

Kradan

ANSWER THE QUESTION !  >:(

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Dec 27, 2022, 04:30:13 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 27, 2022, 03:32:51 AMBut where did the egg come from?! >:(

Well, that's easy... *clears throat*

Picture the scene: Hadley's Hope, LV-426

Supply ship docked at the loading bay. The crew are debating the wild shit they've overheard at the bar - rumours of some colonist wildcatter being brought in with some sort of animal on his face - got the whole medlab area quarantined - captain thinks it's a crock of shit, there's no life on this rock, besides, this is their last supply run after an 8 month stint - will be back in the freezers in several hours, far away from this hellhole - 3 months leave with a tidy paycheque.

*several hours later*

Final flight checks underway, last of the empty supply crates back in the hold..

*alarm sirens* some chatter on the bridge comms from Hadley Control about initiating lockdown procedures. f**k that shit - no way in hell spending another second on this shithole. Time to roll.

Perhaps had they not been distracted by Hadley Control barking down the radio that they weren't clear for takeoff, they might have noticed on the crt monitor, the pink snake-like object slithering across the loading bay door as it sealed..

**One month later**

USCM Sulaco, return journey from LV-426,
Destination: Gateway Station
Personal: 3 Crew, 1 Civilian

*monitor flickers in cryo chamber*

[Incoming Distress Beacon: Weyland Yutani Colonial Supply Ship 7462. Location: Artemis Mining Station, LV-419. Sulaco rerouted to assist.]

*cue story between Aliens and Alien 3 which results in egg on Sulaco*

Perfect, case solved, let's go home everybody

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Is LV-419 a planet?  How would Ripley get there?  Can she fly a dropship?

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 27, 2022, 04:58:07 PMIs LV-419 a planet?  How would Ripley get there?  Can she fly a dropship?

LV-419 is a small moon. Sulaco lands (same way we see the Patna land on Fury 161) Ripley as a qualified flight officer is able to set Sulaco down with the aid of MU/TH/UR, and Bishop (the onboard systems do most of the work anyway).

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Will they meet a guy named Turk?

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 27, 2022, 06:50:11 PMWill they meet a guy named Turk?

Sure, if you wish 🤣 I mean someone needs to be eggmorphed into a superhugger - shit whilst we're at it, can make the opening stage of 'Alien 3: The Gun' canon - showing there were shitloads of eggs on the sulaco.. they just missed one before going back in the freezers.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Dec 27, 2022, 07:09:07 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 27, 2022, 06:50:11 PMWill they meet a guy named Turk?

Sure, if you wish 🤣 I mean someone needs to be eggmorphed into a superhugger - shit whilst we're at it, can make the opening stage of 'Alien 3: The Gun' canon - showing there were shitloads of eggs on the sulaco.. they just missed one before going back in the freezers.

Speaking of canon, there was a great 'Canon War' a long time ago...

I know this because I loyally served General SM in battle.

I'm afraid he might be the only one capable of solving this mystery...I find the Turk theory fascinating though :-X

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Well if you are talking about 'Colonial Marines' my take is the events are canon, just not what we see in game (a bit like the game 'Alien Trilogy' - the basic premise is the same, but what we play is like a retelling, getting lots of details incorrect, such as the prison being on LV-426, or Ripley entering the derelict etc).

Colonial Marines is definitely canon. Why? We know from Tanaka 5's communications in the Colonial Marines Technical Manual that Weyu went back to LV-426 to secure the derelict. And two separate games, both with different takes (Colonial Marines and Infestation) claim the same ship was dispatched there, The Sephora. It's simply an issue if working out what is 'white noise' so to speak. If you don't take what you play literally, then it's very easy to see how the Colonial Marines events fit into the canon nicely.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed