Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 748,972 times)

judge death

judge death

Something else that I cant see it explained as easily as the cryopods, the egg/s sjlacos color that CAN be explained: why Ripley in the cryopod and then found on the beach on the planet: why she has completely different clothes than what she had on when she was frozen down in the cryo in the end of aliens movie.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: judge death on Dec 21, 2022, 11:58:48 AMwhy she has completely different clothes than what she had on when she was frozen down in the cryo in the end of aliens movie.

I wouldn't say they were completely different.  The grey vest is the same style in Alien 3 as the one in Aliens with the same cord pattern, if that is the right term to use.  The only part of her clothing that is different is the underwear.

This is what you meant by the way?  Just in case I miss understood your post.

judge death

judge death

To me both pieces are different and worn differently and wrong color, in aliens its white/gray. In alien 3 its green? Like in the pictures you shown.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: judge death on Dec 21, 2022, 06:56:33 PM...and wrong color, in aliens its white/gray. In alien 3 its green? Like in the pictures you shown.

Her clothes are grey in both Aliens and the beginning of Alien 3 as shown in the pictures.  They just get dirtied after the crash.  The sea on Fury 161 is supposed to be oily and of course in the Assembly cut she is washed ashore making her even more covered in dirt.

judge death

judge death

Ah alright, well then one of the things I had issues with is solved. :D

littlesprout

littlesprout

Quote from: Rankles75 on Dec 21, 2022, 11:21:14 AM
Quote from: BringbackJonesy! on Dec 21, 2022, 12:35:56 AMWell it's a theory.

But I think I'll just stick to looking on ALIEN 3 (and it's sequel) as a pair of fevered dreams that Ripley endures during her hypersleep home....as the fact that she's suddenly in a differently-designed cryosleep chamber at the start of the movie always bugged me more than where that damn egg came from in the first place.  :P 

https://media.tenor.com/S55u5aO8iTAAAAAM/all-of-this-pointing.gif

sadly I think it's not a fever dream since at the end of Aliens, if I do recall, you can hear a face hugger or egg opening up, or something like that. I remember seeing that video on YouTube somewhere

Rankles75

Rankles75

Quote from: littlesprout on Dec 21, 2022, 11:18:54 PM
Quote from: Rankles75 on Dec 21, 2022, 11:21:14 AM
Quote from: BringbackJonesy! on Dec 21, 2022, 12:35:56 AMWell it's a theory.

But I think I'll just stick to looking on ALIEN 3 (and it's sequel) as a pair of fevered dreams that Ripley endures during her hypersleep home....as the fact that she's suddenly in a differently-designed cryosleep chamber at the start of the movie always bugged me more than where that damn egg came from in the first place.  :P 

https://media.tenor.com/S55u5aO8iTAAAAAM/all-of-this-pointing.gif

sadly I think it's not a fever dream since at the end of Aliens, if I do recall, you can hear a face hugger or egg opening up, or something like that. I remember seeing that video on YouTube somewhere

A few things about the post-credits facehugger/egg:

1. James Cameron has stated in the past that it was never intended to mean anything.

2. It doesn't affect the "fever dream" narrative. Actually, if anything it strengthens it, as it plays into Ripley's feelings of guilt/loss/fear of never being free of the alien.

3. It's always been a bit of a stretch to suggest that the facehugger/egg is on the Sulaco in that scene. In fact, the background noise before it sounds very much like what we hear on LV-426 during the film, which suggests that if the scene were to mean anything, it would be that there were survivors of the explosion and the aliens hadn't been completely wiped out.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

"She's one of the great characters of all time," Hawley said, "and I think the story has been told pretty perfectly, and I don't want to mess with it."

From Hawley's perspective, 20th Century's Alien films—helmed by Scott, James Cameron and David FIncher—have always been "great monster movies" that are "not just monster movies."

Will repost forever because he speaks the truth.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

All manner of real world tragedy and trauma:
Sweet as, I'll work through this and come to terms with it in time

A fictional movie where Hicks and Newt get ganked and Ripley has a pyrrhic victory:
Its been 30 years and I'm still mad

Absolute f**ken state of the fandom.

Kradan

Kradan

There're just newer generations of fans who just get into the series and keep the flames of hatred towards Alien 3 alive

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

It's a fan tradition, like Christmas

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Dec 23, 2022, 09:43:38 AMA fictional movie where Hicks and Newt get ganked and Ripley has a pyrrhic victory:
Its been 30 years and I'm still mad

Yeah, it upset people!

S.E.B.

S.E.B.

ALIEN 3 is still my second favorite out of all the Alien movies, with ALIEN always being number one.

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Gonna keep reiterating (it's that time of year, right?) - most sensible explanation for the egg is another story set between Aliens and Alien 3 that we haven't seen yet. Somewhere during those events / that story, the Sulaco is compromised. Somewhere during those events, there is a crash landing into the drop ship bay, damaging the adjacent cryo chamber, forcing Ripley and Co to use the civilian cryo chamber in the lower decks, accounting for the difference in design of the entire room and the tubes. This also gives the 'Alien 5' fan crowd their Ripley, Hicks and Newt story they are craving, whilst not contradicting anything seen/said in Alien 3 for those of us who know the third movie is fine art. No more magic egg, leaking queen vagina, egg growing from bishops legs, etc etc..no more 'dream sequences' required... no more ripples in the water.. 😁👍

Quote from: S.E.B. on Dec 24, 2022, 06:56:45 AMALIEN 3 is still my second favorite out of all the Alien movies, with ALIEN always being number one.

Ahh, I see you are a man of culture as well.. 😁👍

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: S.E.B. on Dec 24, 2022, 06:56:45 AMALIEN 3 is still my second favorite out of all the Alien movies, with ALIEN always being number one.

You kinda remind me of SpreadEagleBeagle.  The resemblance is uncanny.

Quote from: Its_Auto on Dec 25, 2022, 02:25:20 AMGonna keep reiterating (it's that time of year, right?) - most sensible explanation for the egg is another story set between Aliens and Alien 3 that we haven't seen yet.

Can't be worse than Out of the Shadows.  At least it would serve a purpose.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed