What made you a fan?

Started by Vader the White, Mar 10, 2007, 10:37:25 PM

Author
What made you a fan? (Read 155,243 times)

Elite elder predator

Elite elder predator

AvP
what made me a fan was when i saw AVP for the first time when i was about 7 years old i prefred the predators and have always thought that "celtic" predator was the coolest

Enenra

Enenra

The design, the dedicated fanbase, the entertainment, just a great franchise. I love the Alien franchise. Have ever since I watched the first movie.

Get2theChopper

Get2theChopper

The whole design of the alien and the life cycle pulled me in right away. it was undeniably the coolest thing i have ever seen in a horror/sci fi film. it's one of those things where like, you have nightmares as a kid because of them but you can't stop watching them because they are so darn fascinating.

redpred

redpred

what got me into the franchise was when i read the first AvP comic when i was 14 that sucked me into right away. :laugh:

Topazora

Topazora

First off, I was raised in Sci-Fi conventions and Aliens, so Aliens is a haunting part of my childhood.  Then, while I didn't see the entirety of the Predator movies as a child, I knew of them and the toys, I think I might have owned before- I think it was Shaman/Hippie.  Then years after not seeing much from either of the franchise, AvP brought me back for awhile, but I didn't become much of a fan.  Then sometime this year, it just snapped for no reason, I got into the whole Predator and some Alien fandom.  I think the reason I drew back to the Alien/Predator thing was because I'm reliving the monsters that haunted my childhood.

Snowdog

Snowdog

The first Alien movie i ever saw was Alien3. I became in love with the whole visual style of the movie. And ofcourse the Xenomorph design itself. Also the soundtrack is just perfect. Later i started watching the other alien movies and i just love everything about the movies. Especcialy the first 3. I do still like the 4th one tbh unlike many others. I think the story was quite interesting and the practical effects where well done. Also loved how they reintroduced some of the sexual aspects of it. I started watching Predator movies after i first saw AvP in the Theater. I like the movie but the original 2 Predator movies are so much better. Now i've seen the movies countless times and i even love them more 8)

delsaber8

delsaber8

Quote from: Snowdog on Sep 18, 2011, 10:34:25 PM
The first Alien movie i ever saw was Alien3. I became in love with the whole visual style of the movie. And ofcourse the Xenomorph design itself. Also the soundtrack is just perfect. Later i started watching the other alien movies and i just love everything about the movies. Especcialy the first 3. I do still like the 4th one tbh unlike many others. I think the story was quite interesting and the practical effects where well done. Also loved how they reintroduced some of the sexual aspects of it. I started watching Predator movies after i first saw AvP in the Theater. I like the movie but the original 2 Predator movies are so much better. Now i've seen the movies countless times and i even love them more 8)
It's strange to see that Alien 3 got you into the series. Most people tend to dislike Alien 3.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Most people tend to dislike it because they've seen Aliens and they didn't like that HIX 'N NOOT WERE KILD. Without that factor...

delsaber8

delsaber8

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Sep 19, 2011, 04:02:06 PM
Most people tend to dislike it because they've seen Aliens and they didn't like that HIX 'N NOOT WERE KILD. Without that factor...
True, I suppose if you hadn't seen the first two films you would not know just how disappointing the third one was.

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: delsaber8 on Sep 19, 2011, 04:06:56 PM
True, I suppose if you hadn't seen the first two films you would not know just how disappointing the third one was.

The one thing i really love about Alien 3 is the fact that nobody is safe. I don't really know if i would have liked it if Hicks and Newt did survive (Don't get me wrong i absolutely love te characters). But i love to see things happen differently then most hollywood pictures.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Well, yeah. It was needed for the film granted but I'm the guy who thinks that there wasn't much point in making A3 to begin with.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Wasn't much point in making Aliens, either.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Aliens logically flowed from Alien though. Alien 3 was only possible by way of a completely "out-of-left-field" angle.

kinghorn316

kinghorn316

My dad made me a fan he stuck them on once and i would always ask for aliens or predator on all the time I think I was about 7 or 8 I remember when i was in primary 5 the teacher wanted us to write a story and read it to the primary 1's and 2's well mines wasnt allowed as I copied the predator movie and done my own comic to read to them the teacher said it was to scary      :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

delsaber8

delsaber8

Quote from: kinghorn316 on Sep 21, 2011, 06:28:21 PM
My dad made me a fan he stuck them on once and i would always ask for aliens or predator on all the time I think I was about 7 or 8 I remember when i was in primary 5 the teacher wanted us to write a story and read it to the primary 1's and 2's well mines wasnt allowed as I copied the predator movie and done my own comic to read to them the teacher said it was to scary      :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
That reminds me of a time back in grade five I wrote a story about aliens and I had to read it in front of the class. I attempted to make it look like a chestburster was coming out of me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed