Scorn - Very Giger-esque New Game on Steam Greenlight

Started by Olde, Jun 30, 2016, 01:43:00 AM

Author
Scorn - Very Giger-esque New Game on Steam Greenlight (Read 32,034 times)

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Quote from: xShadowFoxX on Sep 23, 2023, 08:35:21 AM
Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Sep 15, 2023, 06:55:51 PM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Sep 15, 2023, 10:20:24 AMA vertical slice with awful combat.
And no story, but if you want the answers, there is a art book that has every context for the game, it only cost you like $20-$30. Are we this low to not include stories in a video game like this. Why not includes it so we can know what the f**k is going on

I actually like that about it. For me it was more about the experience rather than the story, but I also loved interpreting a story from my own perspective based on the environment and actions. It's an adventure game. I also have the art book because whatever, I love the art.

The combat's whatever, I've played worse.
That's all right dude then you do you. Personally I don't want to be force to interpret what is going on, I found it to be really disappointing that they did this. I know there's a saying the games are art but I don't want it to be a literally arts, I don't want to stand there in this sex dungeon and just look at thing. it really seems like they made the game first without putting any story in it, when they remember to put a story and they put in a goddamn book. I just don't like what they did with this game.

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Sep 24, 2023, 05:17:42 AM
Quote from: xShadowFoxX on Sep 23, 2023, 08:35:21 AM
Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Sep 15, 2023, 06:55:51 PM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Sep 15, 2023, 10:20:24 AMA vertical slice with awful combat.
And no story, but if you want the answers, there is a art book that has every context for the game, it only cost you like $20-$30. Are we this low to not include stories in a video game like this. Why not includes it so we can know what the f**k is going on

I actually like that about it. For me it was more about the experience rather than the story, but I also loved interpreting a story from my own perspective based on the environment and actions. It's an adventure game. I also have the art book because whatever, I love the art.

The combat's whatever, I've played worse.
That's all right dude then you do you. Personally I don't want to be force to interpret what is going on, I found it to be really disappointing that they did this. I know there's a saying the games are art but I don't want it to be a literally arts, I don't want to stand there in this sex dungeon and just look at thing. it really seems like they made the game first without putting any story in it, when they remember to put a story and they put in a goddamn book. I just don't like what they did with this game.

All that's fair. Personally I prefer the lack of dialogue and exposition. It just makes it more compelling for me in this sort of game. Makes it feel alien.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed