Alien Covenant Review Roundup

Started by Darkness, May 07, 2017, 03:38:05 AM

Author
Alien Covenant Review Roundup (Read 121,579 times)

Paranoid Android

Quote from: SiL on Jan 10, 2018, 10:38:07 PM
Are we really saying the alien should intrinsically know what a crane is? Really?
There's a scene about 10 minutes later in which the other alien sees a camera, figures out that it's being watched and destroys it. So yeah, sure. At the very least on the most basic level of the crane being bigger than it and looking like a mouth. Unless you're arguing that a crane is a more sophisticated piece of tech than a video camera.

Quote from: kwisatz on Jan 10, 2018, 10:41:45 PM
QuoteMaybe one day the cat will get its own film franchise.

:laugh:

SM

SM

It attacked a screen with David's face on it.

Jonesy1974

Jonesy1974

I took the crane attack to be another example of how this early version of the Alien is more animalistic and less intelligent. Its not as calculating as the original creature because David hasn't finished perfecting his little science project yet.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SiL on Jan 10, 2018, 10:38:07 PMAre we really saying the alien should intrinsically know what a crane is? Really?

They knew what lifts were. And how to cut the power.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 11, 2018, 09:17:37 AM
They knew what lifts were.
The Queen stood there watching Ripley use one minutes before. She learned.

QuoteAnd how to cut the power.
Even assuming this wasn't an accident, they'd been alive for 3 weeks by that point. Protomorph was minutes old.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Fair points, but if Aliens can tell androids from humans - which they seemingly can - surely they can tell a crane is a machine?

Corporal Hicks

We've seen them attack synthetics in the past too.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

When in the films?

Ash never got attacked. Bishop never got attacked. Call was specifically left alone despite falling into a pool with them.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

SiL

SiL

You are never, ever living that one down ;D

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

*puts foot in mouth, falls over*

FenGiddel

FenGiddel

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 11, 2018, 10:04:26 AM

*puts foot in mouth, falls over*

Carry on, dude!  :)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

*mumbles through toes*

Not my sharpest moment :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Still though, I do think there's an argument for the Queen being on a vengeful warpath at that point. I dunno, the impression I got when watching Covenant was that the Alien got spoofed a little too easily.

Corporal Hicks

I think it was Matt Hatton who mentioned on our podcast some thoughts about how the Alien was supposed to think the crane looked similar to it/the Neomorph and think it was a threat and go for it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed